Spec me an LED Torch

With the amp draw,...I'd be more inclined to be looking at the amount of amps the regulator/pcb in the battery can handle, some e-cig users using 1.5ohm and under resistance use unregulated 18650 bats, as the regulated version cannot supply the amps needed, myself included.

My SenyBor Version2 high drain 2800 mAh 18650R bats are used in my torch only as they
don't seem to be up to the job in my e-cigs compared to unregulated 18650's.

Hey guys! i'm back from the other side of the world and Glad to see you've all been getting along without me :D

Mrk, I have a nice Photo of your C8, should i post it? :)

It was not :p

f7pBw.jpg.png
28mm, f/7.1, 1/500s @ ISO 100, Canon EOS 400D

As you can see, Raymond_Lin isn't the only one who can do Über-DoF :D

Last edited:
:D

Thanks for the loan. the light was very useful for checking the banks across the river at night for poachers - illumination range was about 300 meters :)
I'm sending it back with the lanyard btw *thumbsup*

Good stuff! The range is very impressive from it aye, the replacement reflector still has not arrived yet but I imagine it will be here soonish :p

Looks cool with the anodising starting to wear away on the edges .

My L2 is getting to the same state as well, both torches have been around and seen many air vents/tunnels etc and crawled with me :p

I don't think the BC40 will wear down at all though, the anodizing seems to be very heavy and the material doesn't scratch.

Last edited:
I hate threads like these - they always end up costing me money... :o

So I've ordered a C8 but I've decided I also want a more quality one as well. I've got the thousands of options down to three potential candidates - Jetbeam BC25, Jetbeam PC25 and Fenix TK21. The BC25 wins in the all out brightness stakes but the other two have multiple settings that make them a bit more useable. The PC25 is a fair but less expensive than the TK21 so that seems to be the best option.

Does anyone have any experience with these three and recommend sources in the UK?

Thanks in advance!

I hate threads like these - they always end up costing me money... :o

So I've ordered a C8 but I've decided I also want a more quality one as well. I've got the thousands of options down to three potential candidates - Jetbeam BC25, Jetbeam PC25 and Fenix TK21. The BC25 wins in the all out brightness stakes but the other two have multiple settings that make them a bit more useable. The PC25 is a fair but less expensive than the TK21 so that seems to be the best option.

Does anyone have any experience with these three and recommend sources in the UK?

Thanks in advance!

The BC25 is brighter than the TK21, but apparently it throttles down to the same output after 5 mins use. I'm not 100% sure if you can then turn it off and on to get it back to the full output or not.

The main thing putting me off the BC25 is that it only has 2 modes and the second mode is very low at 100 lumens. I'd have liked it to be around 200 lumens really.

The only thing that has stopped me from buying the TK21 is I have heard that some have a slight green tint to the lower beams. I am really picky with th colour so this is putting me off a bit.

I can't decide which to get either :D. It's a same you cant try before you buy as it can be an expensive mistake if you get it and it isn't what you wanted.

The main thing putting me off the BC25 is that it only has 2 modes and the second mode is very low at 100 lumens. I'd have liked it to be around 200 lumens really.

That's pretty much my dilemma. Both the PC25 and TK21 have decent high modes of 160/180Lm which is more usable than the 100Lm of the BC25. But the BC25 can be had for a lot less than either of the other two! If I could find the TK21 at a good price then that would be the answer. I have a couple of Fenix lights already and the build quality is excellent.

Where did you guys read the BC25 runs at 650 for 5mins only BTW? Been trying to confirm this as definite because JB's source doesn't state it in the spec!

This image is from here and says "After working for about 5 minutes in high mode (650 lumens), the BC25 will automatically activate and reduce the out put (sic) approx. 430 lumens".

bc25_En16.jpg

It was a post on CPF and a few people seemed to agree that that was the case.

Then again it could just have been his model that did this as its quite a new torch and doesnt seem to be many user reviews about yet.

EDIT: Ahh, seems it is the case :D ^^

Still not sure if it would then switch back to 650 lumens if you switched it on and off.

Last edited:
Wonder if that means you could turn it off and back on for 5 more mins of 650 lumens. Perhaps it's due to the size of the light head itself to help keep the emitter cool

Back
Top Bottom