Spec me Some Good Champagne

Soldato
Moldova has some excellent wines, the reds in particular. Apparently The Queen is partial to a glass of Negru de Purcari. There's a couple of bottles of that sitting in our wine rack.

I've had that sparkling, it was OK but nothing overly special.

Have a look at the Circova wine cellar, it's some 200Km (yes, Km) long and has about 2,000,000 bottles of wine. My other half and I will be there in May.

Soldato
I think the show mentioned that their cellar was where Putin held his wine collection.

Some people in here may remember me banging on about a Bollinger box set with a sabrage sword. I searched high and low for it and even got in touch with Bollinger direct to see if they had any ideas... They didn't. I was starting to think i'd imagined it.

Well i found this today in my photos. I wonder if a smaller company have made it?

dVqwBNi.jpg

I want it so bad :(

EDIT - Found a store but its out of stock http://www.tabaccheriatoto13.com/en...nd-champagne-bollinger-grande-annee-2004.html

Last edited:
Soldato
Nope, it's out of stock, the add to cart icon is greyed out. All i can do is enter my email to be notified. Haha, i've done that and it says i'm already on the list to be notified. I must've found it years ago!

For some reason my wife is less excited about me finding it :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
Also for anyone checking out that Gosset I mentioned. The best place seems to be Masters of Malt. The base price is a little over TWE but for some reason it qualifies for free shipping on its own :)

I also saw it in a local wine shop near my parents when I popped in today but it was £95. I asked if he could meet in the middle but he said he was only allocated 6 bottles and he's on his last. He usually gets a decent amount of their stuff and had the blanc de Blancs well before I saw it anywhere else so seems there's pretty limited supply.

Last edited:
Associate
Well it's anniversary day and great minds think alike. We got each other Gosset. I got the 15 and and she got the Grande Reserve we had at our wedding in a gift set with glasses.
Awesome (and a super large pic!). Are you drinking or saving the 15??

I spotted the Gosset 15 at Hedonism so I'm tempted to go and grab a bottle, although at £70, Masters of Malt seems like the best price as you said.

Soldato
OP
Put the bottle of Bollinger into the fridge to chill. Also got a cheap bottle of non vintage champagne chilling in there as well, for champagne & orange juice on Christmas morning :)

Soldato
Will be drinking the Gosset. I'm not one for buying and saving.

Had the bottle of Renishaw Hall wine on christmas morning. It tasted a little odd to start with but once my taste buds woke up it was lovely and dry. Will buy it again to try at a better/less hungover time.

My sister got me a magnum of Taittinger Nocturne sec for Christmas. Has anyone tried it? I like my champagne quite dry and hated a bottle of Veuve Cliquog Demi sec I tried. Reviews suggest it's not too bad but given it's a magnum it's a lot to drink if I'm not going to enjoy it. Obviously I still would drink it!

Back
Top Bottom