Spider-Man: No Way Home.

Soldato
I still think the entrance of the other 2 Spider-Men was so lackluster. Would have been so much better of they just showed up in a fight suddenly than from a random street.

Soldato
Watched this last night

didnt think it was that great tbh. seemed to drag and the green goblin is such a terrible villian, he reminds me of someone you would see in the power rangers.

I also thought the Doc strange bits were just a mess.

Soldato
Watched this last night

didnt think it was that great tbh. seemed to drag and the green goblin is such a terrible villian, he reminds me of someone you would see in the power rangers.

Yea some scenes did drag and green goblin was just about ok. But how the heck does Dr Strange get bested in his own dimension is beyond me.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Thought William Defoe was good. Especially when we got to see his facial expressions rather than hidden behind a mask. The original concept of the GG was scrapped because they were concerned it was too scary and might frighten children.

Caporegime
Watched this last night

Could make the same argument for just about every single marvel superhero circle jerk, they're average to ok at best for the most part but for some reason bring in boatloads of money. It's like they have a single template for a movie that rarely ever changes. It's literally comedy pieces littered with serious pieces that ultimately have hit or miss jokes slapped in left and right, then the entire movie is bukkaked with cgi and that's your lot.

Never seen the appeal in them and still fail to do so.

Caporegime
Have you seen all 27 MCU movies to make that proclamation?

Seen enough to know it’s accurate enough, especially for the more main avengers characters like Thor, iron man, Captain America etc.

Not like this is some revelation either, you can Google “why are marvel movies all the same” and see plenty of debate on the subject suggesting they’re basically “factory made” movies that can only have so much added to them by the director, but overall they follow a specific template that invariably makes them feel quite “samey”.

Even the director of dune stuck the boot in last year saying the same thing, 2 years after Scorcese’ comments on them.

https://www.techradar.com/news/dune-director-claims-mcu-movies-are-all-the-same-and-fans-arent-happy

Last edited:
Soldato
Seen enough to know it’s accurate enough, especially for the more main avengers characters like Thor, iron man, Captain America etc.

Not like this is some revelation either, you can Google “why are marvel movies all the same” and see plenty of debate on the subject suggesting they’re basically “factory made” movies that can only have so much added to them by the director, but overall they follow a specific template that invariably makes them feel quite “samey”.

Even the director of dune stuck the boot in last year saying the same thing, 2 years after Scorcese’ comments on them.

https://www.techradar.com/news/dune-director-claims-mcu-movies-are-all-the-same-and-fans-arent-happy
You can say the same for every genre of movie. Mob/mafia movies all tend to be the same, rom-coms all the same, pretty much every action movie in the 80s were the same. They just have different stories using a tried and tested way of portraying it on screen. It's the variety of content that sometimes needs looking at.

Soldato
@Gerard while I know exactly where you're coming from and generally agree, there are however some absolute standout movies amongst the run of MCU. CA: Winter Soldier for example is fantastic in it's own right and i'll often re-watch in isolation, same with the first Iron Man. However YMMV.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom