Spider-Man (PS4)

Soldato
Mine has just been delivered. There’s a 4.1GB patch......

The metal case is very nice.

4.1GB is fairly modest for new releases these days! Never thought I'd find myself saying that...

I've got a PS4 Pro with this coming tomorrow, wasn't actually interested in the game much beforehand (only went for it as it was cheaper than a standalone console) but having watched a bit of gameplay the past couple of days and skimmed some reviews it reminds me a lot of Arkham Asylum which I loved, so I think I'll keep it rather than sell it on.

Soldato
About an hour in and really enjoying it. The combat is very Batman Arkham but more refined and fluid. Swinging around the city is superb fun. It looks great too no complaints there....

The Pro fan Ramps up to the usual noise levels at times but most games do that now.

Good game so far...

Associate
7/10 Seems like a fair review, @MOOGLEYS would you agree with the review and say it's nothing new but it's good and fun?

Either way I've pre-ordered and patiently waiting, I'm just in the mood for a game like this.

Associate
I do love a bit of Spidy. the old PS2 game was really fun. I am just rubbish at completing single player Console games. I mean i get right into them, and then at some point I just stop for no reason and keep telling myself ill finish it soon and never do lol. I still have horizon zero dawn to finish which i thought was amazing and even God Of War I am only a quarter the way through. I just cant stay away from PC online multiplayer long enough to complete my PS4 games. Spiderman does look really good though and with a very strong Story

Soldato
I’m only an hour in so not really fair to say but what I have seen so far is very good. It’s certainly fun you have a lot of moves you can use so fighting enemies can be mixed up a fair bit. It’s very much like Batman but ramped up to 11 which I don’t think is a bad thing as I enjoyed the Arkham games. It’s not quite as shiny visually as it was shown last year but it looks and runs very well. Not noticed any slow down as yet or any major graphical issues like stutter or tearing. It’s a very good looking game tbh.

I’m really enjoying it so far.

Associate
I do love a bit of Spidy. the old PS2 game was really fun. I am just rubbish at completing single player Console games. I mean i get right into them, and then at some point I just stop for no reason and keep telling myself ill finish it soon and never do lol. I still have horizon zero dawn to finish which i thought was amazing and even God Of War I am only a quarter the way through. I just cant stay away from PC online multiplayer long enough to complete my PS4 games. Spiderman does look really good though and with a very strong Story

What you've wrote there is pretty much the exact way I am.. included how far you are in GoW lol.

Soldato
This is essentially me.... My Spooderman got shipped yesterday so I am hoping it is there today.

Soldato
I must say the more I play the more I’m finding controlling Spider-Man a little bit frustrating at times. He likes to stick to things and jump all over the place a bit like the early assassins creed games. It’s sometimes hard to get him to go where you want or do what you want.

The side missions also get repetitive very quick as well....

Last edited:

Gee

Gee

Soldato
If anyone pre-ordered through Amazon and received their code to redeem their bonuses through the PSN store, just to let you know it doesn't go live until tomorrow.

It'll return an error code if you try to redeem it today.

Soldato
Looks a quality game, but like all games they drop in price very quickly, so I'll wait it out. £54.99 as well on PSN, most places are £44.99 - £49.99 so yet again, PSN at launch most expensive.

Back
Top Bottom