SPL Season 2010-2011 **Spoilers** (Read the Rules Before Posting) - Please read new additions to ru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don
Well to be fair Rotty has said the discussion stops at that point as the thread was going back into the old usual stuff.

Thank you, the real shame is that there are valid topics to discuss but a minority cannot behave

here's a suggestion

if you want to discuss sectarionism in the SPL then start a thread in Speakers Corner, while you will still need to stick to the general rules of the forum it is a very open forum, just refarin from trolling, offensive and abusive posts

I am not here to stifle discussion but this is the SPORTS forum so it is for the discussion of the sporting aspects of the game

In general I am apprecative of the response to the recent crackdown and most members have taken it well

if you are ever in doubt then feel free to ask before posting

[email protected]

Soldato
if you want to discuss sectarionism in the SPL then start a thread in Speakers Corner, while you will still need to stick to the general rules of the forum it is a very open forum, just refarin from trolling, offensive and abusive posts

I am not here to stifle discussion but this is the SPORTS forum so it is for the discussion of the sporting aspects of the game

In general I am apprecative of the response to the recent crackdown and most members have taken it well

if you are ever in doubt then feel free to ask before posting

[email protected]

Excellent approach, Rotty - not that I wish to discuss sectarianism at all but, for those who do.....

Soldato
Puts the pressure on Rangers tomorrow with their game against Hamilton so job done despite the performance lining up for another exciting Old Firm game in a couple of weeks time.

Man - I wish Hamilton had just ONE good striker - was it just me or did they pass Rangers off the park and enjoy about 70% of the posession ?

Caporegime
Full time scores for today:

Aberdeen 0-1 Hibernian
Celtic 1-0 St Mirren
Dundee Utd 2-0 St Johnstone
Hearts 0-0 Motherwell
Kilmarnock 1-1 Inverness

I can't help feeling that St Mirren and Aberdeen have been a shade fortunate that Hamilton are quite so determinedly cemented to the bottom of the table this season. By the sounds of it a pretty dull draw at Tynecastle today.

Was at the game and wouldn't say st mirren were unfortunate, dullest game I've seen in a while, and the plonker who thinks banging a drum for 90 minutes created a better atmosphere is an arse

Ki is awful

Soldato
Man - I wish Hamilton had just ONE good striker - was it just me or did they pass Rangers off the park and enjoy about 70% of the posession ?

BBC saying it was 50/50 possession with Hamilton only having one shot on target compared to Rangers' 7, just seemed like a dull game.

St Johnstone vs Celtic early kick-off tonight should see an away win and Aberdeen vs Rangers tomorrow. Reckon Aberdeen might get a draw or win in this one. Will probably see both Old Firm teams grinding out results now until the end of season.

Soldato
OP
A terrible day for SFA credability (not that I'm suggesting they had any to start with).

Rangers must be laughing with McCoist apparantly having no case to be heard even though he did as much as Lennon to bring the game into disrepute. Diouf gets a small fine even though he is involved in an altercation in the tunnel, argues with the Celtic bench, barges into a Celtic physio, refuses to leave the park, gets a red card and throws his top into the crowd against police advice. Bougherra man-handled the ref twice, snatched away the red card and showed nothing but dissent and still receives a paltry fine.

Rangers say they are surprised by the fines but it was a victory for common sense. Really!!!! I'll leave the final word on this to Paul McBride.

So, if a Celtic player tonight manhandles the referee, throws his top into the crowd, abuses other players, causes reaction among management and no action is taken, Rangers will presumably will tell us tomorrow that's a victory for common sense.

More shenannigans from the referee tonight as Celtic beat St Johnstone to stretch the lead to five points. A more blatant penalty you will never see.

paranoid.jpg

Nor

Nor

Associate
Good win for Celtic, thought they played well. Brines was looking straight at Dubbery as he was doing that :) Madness.

Soldato
A terrible day for SFA credability (not that I'm suggesting they had any to start with).

Rangers must be laughing with McCoist apparantly having no case to be heard even though he did as much as Lennon to bring the game into disrepute. Diouf gets a small fine even though he is involved in an altercation in the tunnel, argues with the Celtic bench, barges into a Celtic physio, refuses to leave the park, gets a red card and throws his top into the crowd against police advice. Bougherra man-handled the ref twice, snatched away the red card and showed nothing but dissent and still receives a paltry fine.

Rangers say they are surprised by the fines but it was a victory for common sense. Really!!!! I'll leave the final word on this to Paul McBride.

Will be interesting to find out what the reasons were for him winning the appeal since no-one saying why yet. Fines handed out since the players were already dealt with by the referee's punishment with the cards as per previous cases. SFA were just waiting for the media furore to die down and also now that the politicians have had their five minutes of headlines.

More shenannigans from the referee tonight as Celtic beat St Johnstone to stretch the lead to five points. A more blatant penalty you will never see.

paranoid.jpg

Referee missed a number if incidents including Loovens(?) kicking a St Johnstone player in the stomach in the first half with a two-footed tackle, again the referee was a few yards away from it. Brines was dire tonight but no doubt SFA will commend his performance and is refereeing the Motherwell vs St Johnstone cup game on Saturday so that'll be a fun reception by away fans.

Also, some kind of protest against the 6pm kick-off by St Johnstone fans but no-one else really cared. :p

Good win for Celtic, thought they played well. Brines was looking straight at Dubbery as he was doing that :) Madness.

Yep will be more results like that for the Old Firm until the end of the season.

Soldato
It was a good win for Celtic and a really exciting game to watch - the saints were a tough bunch and played really well. It wasn't even a case of us MAKING them look good - they were well set up last night.

Every game is tough one now and having 5 away games from the final seven is a tough task to finish the season on top.

As for the SFA yesterday, well, to be honest, I am not gonna be calling for any heads. They have made their decision - we just have to live with it. Hopefully, it will put an end to the Paranoia of the Rangers fans who believe that referees are against them, the media is against them , UEFA is against them everybody hates them etc etc

Hopefully, Aberdeen can do us a favour tonight but I have a funny feeling their minds will be elsewhere.

Soldato
Should be a good game tonight always tough at Aberdeen they raise their game for Rangers visit. I think the crowds get them going.

I hope the title goes to the wire it's been a great season.

I just wish SKY had exclusive rights to the games. Annoys me that I would pay for SKY sports and then have to pay for the handful of ESPN games as well.

On the chants it is very difficult to pin-point who is singing these songs as there are several variations on the same tune some safer than others. CCTV cannot pinpoint what words you are singing lol.

I do hope that the singing of sectarian songs is eradicated from Ibrox as I married an Irish Catholic girl and I would like to be able to take my son to the game without having to listen to that vitriol. I don't care what Celtic sing as I don't watch them ;) However we are a British team playing on British soil and hope that no songs relating to that are in the Bans list.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Inverness Caley Thistle 1-1 Hearts
Rangers 2-1 St Mirren

I did wonder for a short while if St Mirren might hold on for a draw which would have been a fantastic result for them but it wasn't to be.
Yet another draw from Hearts, at the moment in no real danger of relinquishing 3rd place but not doing anything to catch the top two either.

Soldato
4-0 Celtic in the end so Motherwell vs Celtic final. Could be interesting though we said that about todays game too.

Hamilton beating Hibs 2-1 in the SPL to offer a glimmer of hope to avoid relegation though I expect them to go down since they've been awful this season.

Soldato
OP
Time will tell but I am confident that Celtic will easily win the SPL and the Scottish Cup. Let's face it, we demolished a team that your lot struggled against.

Considine claiming he made no contact with Hooper for Celtic's first penalty, how very wrong. Anyhoo, Celtic beat Aberdeen 4-0 to progress to a cup final against Motherwell. Craig Brown admitting that Celtic passed Aberdeen off the park and that Celtic are the best pass and move team in the league.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone know why the ibrox takeover talks are being put off by the board members?

Surely, it can only be because the chairman suspects something bad will come of it? I would habve thought that everyone at ibrox would have been desperate to get this over and done with to let Ally McCoist prepare for next season?

Soldato
Anyone know why the ibrox takeover talks are being put off by the board members?

Surely, it can only be because the chairman suspects something bad will come of it? I would habve thought that everyone at ibrox would have been desperate to get this over and done with to let Ally McCoist prepare for next season?

Or they hope if Rangers win the league then they can ask for more? Reports are saying deal was accepted by Lloyds and Murray just the board of directors wanting to wait or look at an alternative (bid?). Others saying HMRC looking for £24m with the tax case starting up again yesterday.

If I were Whyte I'd walk away and buy the club when they were in administration since all the SPL will do is give them a 10 point deduction for next season.

Either way I'd expect some kind of protest at the Old Firm game on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom