Split Air con

Soldato
Sound like flash gas, what is the loading on the system and we’re the other on at the same time?

Just had the one unit on in the lounge as I've been downstairs most of today, as outdoor temps aren't insane (although bit warmer today granted) I've mainly been using the unit where I am as opposed to switching them all on.

The single 2.5kw unit was turned on at speed 3/5 on cooling mode, is using one unit of the 3 on it's own an issue? Not something the installers mentioned.

RJC

RJC

Don
Just had the one unit on in the lounge as I've been downstairs most of today, as outdoor temps aren't insane (although bit warmer today granted) I've mainly been using the unit where I am as opposed to switching them all on.

The single 2.5kw unit was turned on at speed 3/5 on cooling mode, is using one unit of the 3 on it's own an issue? Not something the installers mentioned.

It could the characteristic of the unit at a certain condition and load, really need to check the pressures and temperatures.

The unit should be able to run one indoor unit without issue, it will take time for the refrigerant to migrate from to the others areas of the system and to settle down.

Normally I would run large plant for few hours to settle down.

Soldato
It could the characteristic of the unit at a certain condition and load, really need to check the pressures and temperatures.

The unit should be able to run one indoor unit without issue, it will take time for the refrigerant to migrate from to the others areas of the system and to settle down.

Normally I would run large plant for few hours to settle down.

Yeah not sure I've asked the installers about the noise, nothing yet, but I still owe them 50% of the money so one would hope they will come back to me next week :)

I turned both the upstairs ones on for a bit as well so now all 3 running but at speed 2.

Power drawer looks like 1.5kw total so roughly 500w per unit.

Noise hasn't totally gone away though still and I can hear it on the upstairs ones as well, possibly something in the shared refrigerant?

RJC

RJC

Don
What happens when you stick all 3 on at 16c to give the unit some load?

I know my one make some noise when running!

It will be worth speaking With the installer.

Soldato
P.S how did you get on with your network install, have you had it done yet?

I have moved this to next month as my TV budget suddenly doubled when I decided I wanted 77" OLED instead of 65" lol.

Had a couple of indicative prices, mostly I am deciding on exactly what I want to do and what can wait.

100% requirements:
  • Double socket to loft space for unmanaged 4-8 port 1gb switch.
  • Double socket master bedroom wall for TV (could do single here but the TV is pretty big).
  • CAT6 Ethernet run from cupboard to loft space to connect to switch.
  • CAT6 from loft switch to master bedroom wall.
  • CAT6 from loft switch to office/study wall.
Nice to haves:
  • Wall mount 65" TV Master bedroom wall alongside positioning of power/ethernet out of sight.
  • Wall mount 77" TV lounge alongside the same.
  • Potentially adding HDMI and power from high up to low down on lounge wall so I can hide the cabling behind the unit.
  • Trunking for speaker cable in the lounge which runs around the skirting board.
For the 100% requirements I am at around £400 I think on quotes.

Wall mounting and arranging things does add to the cost, but I guess at the end of it I will have it all done in one sweep and no disjointed jobs.

I can wallmount the TV but I'd need help as they're pretty big, too risky for me to put them up on my own for sure! Also wall mounting downstairs will move it further back from my seating position by about a ft.

So in the end I may avoid wall mounting the one downstairs for now, then later I could do that as it's own job.

Soldato

My installer made a comment about only running one. He said something along the lines of if you are only running one at night time, don't run it on the lowest fan speed (1/5) run it on at least 2/5.

I have moved this to next month as my TV budget suddenly doubled when I decided I wanted 77" OLED instead of 65" lol.

Very nice!I think I saw the box in the 'things I have purchased thread'. For your 100% requirement, that sounds like a good price to get that all done.

I know what you mean about wall mounting a TV on your own. I've had my 55" TV off the wall several times on my own but luckily its quite low so I can see over the back to check I have hooked the brackets on.

When I was sorting out my lounge, I thought long and hard about putting the cables in the wall as I had done everything else (network socket, sky+ freeview). In the end, I just settled for some trunking as my TV was quite low (sofa's only about 2m away) so you can't see much of it. I normally have a picture on the cabinet that hides all the sockets. In hindsight I think I would have preferred it in the wall but it is totally fine and I don't even think of it (until now).

nUwFZzkh.jpg

Soldato
That is a beast of a unit they're using. Not having to flare the lines at the condenser saved them a heap of work, but I did read you're not supposed to join lines using flare connections inside the property so be interested to see how they overcome that if at all.

Soldato
I've had a nice cool sleep so I'm pleased with mine. It's not overly hot here in Devon, but it takes the edge off nicely. :)

O2jQw9Mm.jpg

Associate
If this is the show us your AC thread, then here is mine.. note the cunning use of a fake drainpipe for cable routing which matches the other side of the house. Really pleased with the LG indoor unit and the outdoor one is nice and quite, not that it would bother anyone.

Associate
That's a nice neat install Ezah, LG units are nicely designed.
Thanks! For info its the R32 LG Art Cool and it was 1355+ VAT@5% including install. I wanted the lg artcool stylist which probably looks better but less efficient, but it wasnt available.

RJC

RJC

Don
@RJC that's a very good price for installed.

What room are you having it installed?

Going in my Dinning room / living room - I have French doors in between so the indoor unit will be mounted above the patio doors and this will allow the air to flow across the dinning room and into the living with both doors open.

The dinning room is at the back.

Soldato
Yesterday was a good day to have the AC on for sure! I pretty much had all my units running all day. The kitchen was the warmest room of the house (26c) but we had kept the door to the living room shut to keep that room as cool as possible (no AC downstairs). I can't believe how cool it feels outside today though, I opened my windows this morning and my office and downstairs has dropped from 25c to 21c already (AC was turned off in my lower floor when I went to bed).

When will you be getting that Panasonic unit installed @RJC? :D Can he do it before the end of next week lol

@1pudding1 - How is your install going?

Back
Top Bottom