Split Air con

Soldato
Is one better than the other the unit I had fitted professionally is a Mitsubishi heavy industry one, I’m having another one fitted in my office at the end of the month.

They’re two seperate companies. It was something to do with the war breaking up the mitsi group.

Electric is far superior though, better electrics, easier to fault find, not as noisy, better lay for carrying out repairs etc

They’re a lot more expensive though.

Associate
They’re two seperate companies. It was something to do with the war breaking up the mitsi group.

Electric is far superior though, better electrics, easier to fault find, not as noisy, better lay for carrying out repairs etc

They’re a lot more expensive though.
Hi thanks for that, I can only comment on the unit i have fitted, but it’s quiet for me in the bedroom, the external unit is quiet as well, one thing I have noticed is that it cools and works far better thay the pre-gassed one I fitted on my sons room.

The Mitsubishi unit just seems more powerful to the point we have to turn it up at it gets too cool.

The pre-gassed unit does the job done get me wrong but take a while longer on the same size room.

Soldato
Hi thanks for that, I can only comment on the unit i have fitted, but it’s quiet for me in the bedroom, the external unit is quiet as well, one thing I have noticed is that it cools and works far better thay the pre-gassed one I fitted on my sons room.

The Mitsubishi unit just seems more powerful to the point we have to turn it up at it gets too cool.

The pre-gassed unit does the job done get me wrong but take a while longer on the same size room.

All A/C units are pre-gassed for a certain size of pipe run - usually 7m.

Im assuming the one you fitted had those clamp fittings at either end for the pipes and they’re fixed length of pipes? They’re prone to leaking and once they do leak the system is knackered. I don’t think it’s even possible to repair them. Not that’d I’d even try tbh

They’ll do a job but I agree but they’re awful :cry:

RJC

RJC

Don

Im assuming the one you fitted had those clamp fittings at either end for the pipes and they’re fixed length of pipes? They’re prone to leaking and once they do leak the system is knackered. I don’t think it’s even possible to repair them. Not that’d I’d even try tbh

I had a issues with my Hallway unit which was fussy in operation, bought from France many years ago worked good in heating mode average in cooling :p

Now changed to a multi split from Haier which seems to be working great.

The old one I will install in parents living room.

Associate

Yeah the one in my sons room came with 5 meters of pipe work that connected to the external condenser and you just clipped it to it and picked power up in the house.
Again it doesn’t seem as powerful but left on ticking over does the job for him at night as the sun is on the room all day and he has two really small windows that open.

Soldato
After 10 years of using a portable, we finally have split AC installed. I'm poperly stoked. It's going to bring a lot of comfort for us all, hopefully aid my wife's sleep too, as well as giving the ability to keep windows closed and pollen out for my hayfever and allergies.

Lounge unit
fpxIDV1.jpg

Bedroom unit
zMX7HtJ.jpg

Outdoor unit
BNIZMfv.jpg

Really pleased with the install, nice and neat and the guys were very friendly. For anyone in the area I can highly recommend Spalding Airconditioning Services :)

Associate
Those indoor units look to high up to the ceiling. it will restrict airflow and you are never going to be able to fully clean the dust from them with a vacuum cleaner (some dust gets through the filter). You also every few years need to give them a wet wash with something like condenside which otherwise you may notice a wet clothes smell when the compressor stops but the fan is still running as condensation will then form on the condenser which has wet dust on it.

Something like this process video I was shocked how black the water was after doing ours the first time, bedrooms are the worst as there is more dust

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Installed at the salon yesterday, just need the sparky to hook it up before the mad temps coming later this week.

7ugJUed.jpg
(landlord is replacing the windows and back door soon)

QAzyQ2I.jpg

Soldato
Really pleased with the install, nice and neat and the guys were very friendly. For anyone in the area I can highly recommend Spalding Airconditioning Services :)

I am over in Bourne, already have split aircon, but want to potentially add a second unit into my new office that going to be built will give them a call, thanks for the recommendation :)

Permabanned
I don’t know where you guys live but I barely use or feel the need to use our aircon. It’s used constantly during the winter to heat but only a handful of times to cool.

The bedroom got a bit toasty during last summers heat wave but our lounge is 21c as I type and very comfortable.

• Haha
Reactions: LiE
Man of Honour
I don’t know where you guys live but I barely use or feel the need to use our aircon. It’s used constantly during the winter to heat but only a handful of times to cool.

The bedroom got a bit toasty during last summers heat wave but our lounge is 21c as I type and very comfortable.

London area, new build, the house cooks. 31C forecast for Friday and the upstairs would easily reach 36C.

Soldato
Those indoor units look to high up to the ceiling. it will restrict airflow and you are never going to be able to fully clean the dust from them with a vacuum cleaner (some dust gets through the filter). You also every few years need to give them a wet wash with something like condenside which otherwise you may notice a wet clothes smell when the compressor stops but the fan is still running as condensation will then form on the condenser which has wet dust on it.

Something like this process video I was shocked how black the water was after doing ours the first time, bedrooms are the worst as there is more dust

I did think that myself. The installation manual calls for 50mm clearance, I’ve just measured it and it’s 55mm, so it’s within spec at least, but still a little tight for access.

And yes it’s surprising what collects inside these things! Very helpful video that.

I am over in Bourne, already have split aircon, but want to potentially add a second unit into my new office that going to be built will give them a call, thanks for the recommendation :)

I’m not in Spalding, so very close to you actually. These guys were the cheapest by a fair margin, very neat and professional job they’ve done.

Using the ac in the bedroom last night, roughly averaged 300Wh/h less than using the portable aircon unit which shows just how much more efficient it is.

Soldato
After 10 years of using a portable, we finally have split AC installed. I'm poperly stoked. It's going to bring a lot of comfort for us all, hopefully aid my wife's sleep too, as well as giving the ability to keep windows closed and pollen out for my hayfever and allergies.

Lounge unit
fpxIDV1.jpg

Bedroom unit
zMX7HtJ.jpg

Outdoor unit
BNIZMfv.jpg

It's the outdoor unit on the street or do you have a street lamp in your garden?

Back
Top Bottom