Spring meet 5th April 2014

Soldato
OP
PW 80... My first ever bike... It's the only option lol

I got that when I was a little boy from my dad. It had 3 gears, some poke, I remember he used to take me to some fields that had a wood at the back, the fields had 3 footballs pitches between the entrance of the park and the wood... He would sit on the back and I would ride to the woods lol. Good fun! Looking back, he had a lot of faith in me!

19203832_191925427add1b38e9c85170d7371699a3419a09db3099cc9.jpg

Soldato
OP
It's a dead easy route to remember as 90% of the journey will have signs pointing to the next town/city.

But, satnav would be good. Almost sold on the Garmin Zumo 350.

Associate
Google maps with voice guidance on works well. Either bluetooth or wired phones, and you just ride until the voice tells you to turn. You can even put your music on, google maps will pause it when it wants to talk, and start it up again afterwards.

Associate
Ags did you name me as "Griffin" as some part of an official name change? :p

Also yes I still use Google Maps Nav Thing. The main benefit is being able to play music at the same time, without having to think. I still want a 'real' Zumo thing though... if I can music and nav at the same time.

Soldato
OP
Ags did you name me as "Griffin" as some part of an official name change? :p

Also yes I still use Google Maps Nav Thing. The main benefit is being able to play music at the same time, without having to think. I still want a 'real' Zumo thing though... if I can music and nav at the same time.

Changed lol.

I think you can play music whilst the Zumo 350 is doing its thing. I want to try avoid Google maps. My phone is cack and I want something for Europe as well.

My other concern is will something like a Sena SMH5 be audible over the foam ear plugs?

Associate
Griffo & Ags: Cardo Scala Q3 has 2 bluetooth channels. You can link the sat nag to one and a music player (phone so you can take calls) to channel 2 whilst still talking over the chat channel to another headset (partner on bike or bike to bike).

Me and Linkex have them and I wear earplugs and can hear phone calls and chat clearly, in fact it is clearer with plugs in to rid the wind noise. The speakers are flat enough but check you lid to see if you can get them directly opposite you ears.:D

dsb

dsb

Associate
I have a garmin 660 which will play music direct to your blutooth head set.

Also got a drift ghost today.

dsb

dsb

Associate
It has a built in music player. Add a micro sd card and fill it with music. I can also spotify from my iphone but don't.

Soldato
Aye screw it, Short of the impending apocalypse I'm definitely up for this, I'm sure ill get laughed at for my white and grey textiles that are now a lovely dark grey colour due to the weather recently.

Suzuki DL 650.

Back
Top Bottom