SSUPD MeshLicious (from the makers of the FormD T1)

Associate
So it appears the cable under the end cap has come out, which is the "spare" cable I see. Unfortunately I can't get into the screws on the end cap to remove it as there's no room. Will have to wait until I next drain my loop.

On another note, has anyone had any issues with their front USB ports? Since swapping out the Gigabyte board for the Asus one, the front USB A port no longer works. The header on the motherboard is fine as I plugged the port from my NR200 case into it and it worked fine which means it must be the port or the cable. But I can't see anything obviously wrong with either of them. The USB C port works fine.
You spend more time taking that thing apart than playing it :cry:

Soldato
White cases FTW!

Love what you've done with that. Just a shame it lacks a white PSU. Is there any photos of the graphics card side now it's finished? Couple of questions too, what's the RBG lightning next to the radiator and what have you mounted under the case?

Associate
White cases FTW!

Love what you've done with that. Just a shame it lacks a white PSU. Is there any photos of the graphics card side now it's finished? Couple of questions too, what's the RBG lightning next to the radiator and what have you mounted under the case?

Hey Bossman,
Yep, White SFX PSU would be nice, Only one on the market IS:
Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold White Edition
Already in the past spent a lot on 2 Corsair SFX 750w PSU

2 X ARGB Strips going around the case, Plugged into Motherboard ARGB Header at top & controlled using the Asrock Polychrome RGB Software with list of different Effects.
UGVwMrM.jpg

That's the ' Corsair iCUE Commander CORE' to control the fan speed and RGB lighting for the included ML RGB fans & Pump Speed & Lighting, that comes with Corsair AIO,
Did have it behind the PSU But looked untidy & hard to get to so mod it underneath.

Note: This Commander Core is a little Different from the normal one, this as a Pump Connecter
on the side.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks really tidy, great job. I've got mine up and running now, just need to put fresh coolant in and screw on some of the support bars. I was wondering about some RGB strips. I was hoping that I wouldn't need any, I'll have to see, i have room should I feel the need to add some.

Soldato
Yeah I was tempted to get one of those when I realised I was going to struggle mounting the motherboard using the extra long stand-offs. But they are expensive for what they are. We'll see.

Here's some of mine now it's all complete....

Soldato
How are your fingers after that? My finger tips were in bits trying to tighten the fittings cramped into the case. Looks even harder for you with an ATX PSU and the pump/res internal.

Looks good though. I do like the look of pastel/opaque coolant but the last time I used one it made a mess so I’m sticking to clear now.

Soldato
How are your fingers after that? My finger tips were in bits trying to tighten the fittings cramped into the case. Looks even harder for you with an ATX PSU and the pump/res internal.

Looks good though. I do like the look of pastel/opaque coolant but the last time I used one it made a mess so I’m sticking to clear now.

Ha ha, thanks. Yeah my fingers were chewed to bits :D

Honestly, this has been apart and back together so many times it's ridiculous. The motherboard is the last component to go into the case typically because of how everything is routed behind it.

I've had my ups and downs with pastel coolant. My takeaway is to make sure everything is really clean and has no debris. I've got another litre of white pastel which should do me for another couple of flushes yet and my intention is to replace it every 4-6 months anyway.

I quite like the idea of either getting some dye for the coolant or swapping the CPU waterblock and RAM for white variants, we'll see. I'm also not keen on the fan power/rgb connectors near the window, I might see if white versions are available instead.

Soldato
Ha ha, thanks. Yeah my fingers were chewed to bits :D

Honestly, this has been apart and back together so many times it's ridiculous. The motherboard is the last component to go into the case typically because of how everything is routed behind it.

I've had my ups and downs with pastel coolant. My takeaway is to make sure everything is really clean and has no debris. I've got another litre of white pastel which should do me for another couple of flushes yet and my intention is to replace it every 4-6 months anyway.

I quite like the idea of either getting some dye for the coolant or swapping the CPU waterblock and RAM for white variants, we'll see. I'm also not keen on the fan power/rgb connectors near the window, I might see if white versions are available instead.
What fans are you using? I was going to use a couple of Arctic P14s I had but because they are 27/28mm, they were too thick. So I went with a couple of Noctua A14s. I also had an issue with the screws as the (30mm) ones that came with the radiator, caused the mesh on the front panel to come away from the frame. I had to order some 30mm button top screws.

The Mayhems pastel I used looked great for the first few weeks, then the solid particles fell out of it and it ended up clear with the colour particulate settling in the blocks, res and pump.

In fact, it was a thread you commented on too :D

Mayhems Pastel White Splitting | Overclockers UK Forums

Soldato
What fans are you using? I was going to use a couple of Arctic P14s I had but because they are 27/28mm, they were too thick. So I went with a couple of Noctua A14s. I also had an issue with the screws as the (30mm) ones that came with the radiator, caused the mesh on the front panel to come away from the frame. I had to order some 30mm button top screws.

The Mayhems pastel I used looked great for the first few weeks, then the solid particles fell out of it and it ended up clear with the colour particulate settling in the blocks, res and pump.

In fact, it was a thread you commented on too :D

Mayhems Pastel White Splitting | Overclockers UK Forums

Fans are Noiseblocker eloop https://www.overclockers.co.uk/noiseblocker-nb-eloop-x-b14-p-argb-white-edition-140mm-fg-069-nb.html I had one of these already from my previous build so it made sense to pair it with another. However depending on the colour selected from the RGB controller you can tell the slight difference between the two of them, they must be the same fan but from a different batch or the LEDs are slightly off. I'll have to swap over the RGB cable for each one to confirm. I've had no issue with these fans and the case/radiator. They fit perfectly, I've used the screws that came with the radiator. I think the Corsair radiator is a rebadged Hardware Labs Nemesis black ice radiator so the screws are unique to those rads anyway from memory.

Regarding the coolant, yeah, I had an issue with Mayhems but only when I re-filled the loop after it having previously been used. I had no issue with it splitting the first time I put the loop together after I fully cleaned everything and that included a second hand radiator, reservoir, CPU block and GPU block. Infact I'm using the same CPU block now, it has some slight staining but I stripped it down and cleaned it again before using it for this build. I've since switched to EK CryoFuel and had no issues so far in 2 separate loops now.

Soldato
Love it. White PCs all day for me! How much did you pay for the PSU if you don't mind me asking? Can't you mount it the other way round so the fan has a bit of room to breathe or is it already mounted away from the case panel?

Associate
Love it. White PCs all day for me! How much did you pay for the PSU if you don't mind me asking? Can't you mount it the other way round so the fan has a bit of room to breathe or is it already mounted away from the case panel?

Price £133.61
Mounting the PSU the other way will face the GPU Back plate & heat & PSU Cable,
space wise about the same, Plenty of breathable air facing front from gap in rear of case.

Soldato
I was about to say flip the PSU round so it draws air out of the GPU space rater than trying to draw from the TG side panel...
Cables might need some rerouting though.

Soldato
Really does depend on your setup, I've got both of my front AIO fans pulling air out of the case so my CPU is warmer than normal but GPU is cooler, GPU standoff and motherboard stand off, I'm full mesh though no TG on mine so my results will no doubt vary vs yours.
If I stop mining then I'll leave the GPU where it is but flip the front fans back round so they pull air into the front of the case to knock my CPU temps back down, increase in GPU temps won't really matter when the machines mining most of the time I'm not using it, which with it being away with work time again will be most of the time so I prefer cooler GPU over CPU..

Back
Top Bottom