Stalker 2

Soldato
I'm struggling to believe that that 2nd screenshot above is a live actual screenshot from the game, apart from the player models everything looks so fake!

As above, a linear console experience would destroy this for me. Again, I think it's a case of my expectations being too high when I think back to the original :(

Associate
This was one of the games I originally had a Series X for :) glad it's finally close to release, just hope they haven't been forced to rush it out the door at this point though. So many Microsoft studio development timelines have had issues in recent years.

Many people who got to try out an older build were less than impressed with what they experienced.

Soldato
Doesn't look that bad. The way some go on about graphics like they look PS3 level or something.
Moaners gonna moan.

People aren't moaning because the graphics are bad. They are moaning because the graphics are a downgrade from what was shown in the original videos. They are concerned that the drop in graphics quality is also a sign that the game isn't going to be as good as we hoped. Especially when every leak of new info makes things worse, like the American Voice acting and linear gameplay.

It's not just moaners, moaning. It's players who love Stalker worried that Stalker 2 is looking more and more like a cash grab.

Soldato
People aren't moaning because the graphics are bad. They are moaning because the graphics are a downgrade from what was shown in the original videos. They are concerned that the drop in graphics quality is also a sign that the game isn't going to be as good as we hoped. Especially when every leak of new info makes things worse, like the American Voice acting and linear gameplay.

It's not just moaners, moaning. It's players who love Stalker worried that Stalker 2 is looking more and more like a cash grab.
There's more to a game than graphics though and yeah they might be downgradeded a bit they not like they look bad. Unfortunately downgrading visuals seems to be the trend these days.
Regarding voice acting a 5 second google and you can see that there is also native voice acting included aswell as American.
So moaners are gonna moan about things that don't need moaning about.

Reactions: TNA
Soldato
There's more to a game than graphics though and yeah they might be downgradeded a bit they not like they look bad. Unfortunately downgrading visuals seems to be the trend these days.
Regarding voice acting a 5 second google and you can see that there is also native voice acting included aswell as American.
So moaners are gonna moan about things that don't need moaning about.
Graphics DO play a huge part of the experience in games like this.

Associate
Stalker had more immersion in a desolate world than any other game i know of, the graphics then didn't matter, the atmosphere carried it perfectly.

There's been a lot of great remakes, so i don't doubt this will be enjoyable at minimum. I'll be impressed if it does best OG stalkers, but right now i remain confident.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

But some make it sound like the downgraded graphics are rubbish. To be honest I agree with what you are saying. However I will wait and judge the game when it comes out. As long as gameplay and hopefully story is good, I will be happy.

Associate
I made a thread for this, but a Stalker minor remake of some sorts is on console, now.

Soldato
I made a thread for this, but a Stalker minor remake of some sorts is on console, now.

What sorcery is this? on console? Never in a million years would I thought this would happen yet here we are :p

Associate
What sorcery is this? on console? Never in a million years would I thought this would happen yet here we are :p

From looking at some YT comments i don't think anyone saw it coming. With xbox pushing hard for multi platform, and Sony testing the water with it, we could see other spontaneous moves too. Long term i reckon they'll move back to exclusives to sell consoles and boost shareholder value again.

Soldato
I've been addicted to Stalker GAMMA lately and oh boy what an experience.

It's impossible for Stalker 2 to live up to a community labour of love decades in the making like Gamma but still very excited for it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom