Stalker 2

Soldato
Nice - how long were you there for? My first was 2014 and then every year execept 2020 I think because of COVID. We typically stayed in Slavutych and caught the train but last tour in 21 we stayed in Chernobyl town.

We had plans for Odessa, overnight train to Kyiv and then the zone for 22 :(

Only the once and just a day tour from Kiev, was at the start of Feb 2020 so glad I managed to see it before COVID and the war, after wanting to go since seeing the first S.T.A.L.K.E.R trailer all the way back in what, 2004/2005 probably?

Would love to go back one day but i've heard that the Russians are covered the area in landmines so highly doubt the tourism industry surrounding it will ever recover if that is indeed correct :(

Soldato
IIRC this is going to be friendly to modders, so the voices i expect will be redone.

Re the graphics. Gameplay > graphics. Far too much emphasis on graphics these past 10/15yrs imo.

This is a good point to be fair, the graphics on the first game weren’t stand out amazing, but it was the atmosphere the game had that made it stand out. If they can recapture that I’d be happy!

Soldato
Stalker 2 has a lot of live up to. Can it possibly fulfil the levels of expectation there is around it?
It depends how much they've chosen to invest towards that direction and how much is a cash grab. There are plenty of mods around to drawn inspiration from, to see what the community wants.

Soldato
Why are they persisting with the cheesy American voice acting? :confused:

The biggest charm of the first game was that it felt like you were around the Chernobyl NPP.

And yeah, the graphics don't really look amazing.

Also dread to think how buggy this will be on release.

I want to be proven wrong, but feel like this will be yet another disappointing release after years of disappointing game releases for me :(
Agreed it needs Russian voice acting like the originals games over or maybe Ukrainian if its do with politics ...

Associate
Now saying Q1 for release, was January IIRC.

Main page saying voice and subtitles available in English and Ukrainian.

I think system requirements were already listed, but minimum is looking to be rx580 or gtx 1060 with minimal on cpu etc.

Associate
Rather they delay and get it right. Got plenty of games to keep me busy in the mean time :)

I guess it's just minor touch ups as no official word. We shall see with release if MS have been pushy with them to release.

Though i'm in two minds, read reviews first or just ignore and jump straight in and then read reviews.

It's kinda both in these type of games. Sound too. And story :)
There's a bit of apprehension going on as the trailers are american accents sadly.

Reactions: TNA
Soldato
Now saying Q1 for release, was January IIRC.

Main page saying voice and subtitles available in English and Ukrainian.

I think system requirements were already listed, but minimum is looking to be rx580 or gtx 1060 with minimal on cpu etc.

Thank god there will be native voice options, sounded blooming awful with yank or British voices.

Associate
Everything about this screams massive flop to me. The downgraded graphics, the meme tier voice acting, the ai looking absolutely shocking and devoid of challenge.

I have very little faith it will turn out decent and I expect a quite linear console experience.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom