STALKER: Call of Pripyat

Associate
Ahh decided to get this. Going to try and run through CS first though just done the underground bit where you have to flood it, shouldnt take me to long if i don't get distracted.

Caporegime
I'd be grateful if someone would post a couple of pics showing dx11 tessallation features in game please. I had a quick google on this but found what I thought was little difference between dx10 and 11. Ta. :)

Associate
a lot of people slating Clear Sky on here:confused: I thought it was a great game as was the first,currently playing through the first again with the 2009 mod,will get hold of Pripyat afterwards.

Agreed, i thought Clear Sky was brilliant. The only things that let it down were the slightly less oppressive atmosphere (no truly pant-wetting bits like the underground labs in SOC) and the very last level was pretty poor.

But other than that i thought it was brilliant - loved exploring familiar areas to find out the new things they'd added, the way you collected artifacts was 100 times better than SOC and the repair/upgrade system added a whole new level to the game.

Associate
CoP seems a bit easy as well. The apparently tougher mutants like controllers and the fat dwarf things are easy if you just run up to them and repeatedly stab them. Chimera's can be tough but can't get through doorways so easy to exploit that.

Bloodsuckers seem to hit you once then run around. There aren't any that charge you and stay on you until you're dead apart from the mutant rat things and they are super weak.

Associate
http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Terrain_Pack;94510

vastly improves the ground textures.

It's a clear sky mod but it works in CoP :)

I'm running that + the atmosfear mod

http://stalker.filefront.com/file/;110125

Which makes blowouts look amazing :D

Also it makes it so that on a clear day you can see for miles (no annoying fog of war)

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/598/1101251.jpg

But thunder storms are awesome with it on :p

Great, exactly the type of stuff I was looking for :)

Looking around that sight I see there a lot of language packs for english. I assume my UK stalker will be completely translated to english already.

Is there any way to get the wastelanders/bandits (i can't remember what you call them!) voice's in English? I always remember it annoying me in SoC when they were speaking in Russian

Soldato
Looking around that sight I see there a lot of language packs for english. I assume my UK stalker will be completely translated to english already.
Yes, version 1.6.02 is translated already, those packs are for the people that got the Russian release

I also think the bandits speak English in the game but have I have only played for 20 minutes so I don't remember :o

Associate
OP
Yes, version 1.6.02 is translated already, those packs are for the people that got the Russian release

I also think the bandits speak English in the game but have I have only played for 20 minutes so I don't remember :o

some do some dont from what i remember. I think the russian makes it TBH.

Caporegime
CoP seems a bit easy as well. The apparently tougher mutants like controllers and the fat dwarf things are easy if you just run up to them and repeatedly stab them. Chimera's can be tough but can't get through doorways so easy to exploit that.

Bloodsuckers seem to hit you once then run around. There aren't any that charge you and stay on you until you're dead apart from the mutant rat things and they are super weak.

stick the difficulty to veteran minimum tbh.

they seem to have lowered "stalker" difficulty to the old easy level.

Bloodsuckers seem to hit you once then run around.

that's because if they manage to get behind you they wrap themselves around your neck and you can;t move or fire while they hurt you.

Caporegime
I'm really struggling to get into it.

It just seems so aimless at times wandering around lost and dying randomly, I'd rather the emphasis be on fighting more.

Caporegime
I'm really struggling to get into it.

It just seems so aimless at times wandering around lost and dying randomly, I'd rather the emphasis be on fighting more.

Go explore anomalies.

that or if you prefer fighting mug the people who are exploring them :p

Associate
that's because if they manage to get behind you they wrap themselves around your neck and you can;t move or fire while they hurt you.

Ah didn't know they could do that, never stood still long enough to find out, at least that makes sense out of why they don't attack head on much then :)

Caporegime
Well i can confirm that funny melting/rippling is part of the game, i headed towards it, and found it was coming from this huge crack in the hillside thats just infront of the waste processing plant :p

Associate
http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Terrain_Pack;94510

vastly improves the ground textures.

It's a clear sky mod but it works in CoP :)

I'm running that + the atmosfear mod

http://stalker.filefront.com/file/;110125

Which makes blowouts look amazing :D

Also it makes it so that on a clear day you can see for miles (no annoying fog of war)

1101251.jpg

But thunder storms are awesome with it on :p

Hi - have just downloaded these two. Quick question. what did you do to enable the groundtextures mod. I have just followed the readme instructions and it has created a folder called 'Gamedata' in my 'stalker call of pripyat' folder. Is that right?

edit - I see that the atmosfear mod has a gamedata folder within which a textures folder is found with two folders 'fx' and 'sky' are in. I guess I should just dump the groundtextures folder 'detail' in there then?

edit again - don't worry I think I have got it now.

Last edited:
Associate
Okay have installed mods. I assume they are as I have no reference point.

One thing though, there is a storm at the beginning of the game and when the lightning goes off, the screen flashes in bands - like screen tearing. Anyone else get this and know a way to solve it? will save me tweaking options ad nauseum.

Cheers in advance

Caporegime
Hi - have just downloaded these two. Quick question. what did you do to enable the groundtextures mod. I have just followed the readme instructions and it has created a folder called 'Gamedata' in my 'stalker call of pripyat' folder. Is that right?

edit - I see that the atmosfear mod has a gamedata folder within which a textures folder is found with two folders 'fx' and 'sky' are in. I guess I should just dump the groundtextures folder 'detail' in there then?

edit again - don't worry I think I have got it now.

Just paste the two game data folders into the main stalker directory. windows will automatically ask if you want to merge them when you copy the second.

say yes.

then you have to edit (with notepad) "fsgame.ltx" so that the line that mentions "gamedata" says true|true not False|true

edit bah had window open ages >.<

Turn v sync on.

Back
Top Bottom