Stalker Coin

This is pure awesome for the laugh it has given me. Im sure you are joking now. Nobody even in the upper echelons of geekdom could possibly hope to be happy at receiving something worth less than a poundland kitchen tongs lol.

Mine, yours will be worth nought when you spend it, mine will continue to grow.
Which would you want long term?

I have plenty of checks, and none of then give me as much pleasure as the percieved investment.
You realise it will be worth less than you bought it for? Some guys just gone and made some custom coins. Like spreadshirt but for coins. Anyone can do this.

Is that actually worth anything used? My friend has it, and we were having a bash the other night, he also has the original box and manual - the game itself obviously has been used.

The first manual was awesome. Probably not worth much though cause white label own the fallout 1/2 rights and sold the game cheap with pdf version. But some people might want the original manual/box.

Migh have a chance of finding a buyer on no mutants alowed's forums.

Mine, yours will be worth nought when you spend it, mine will continue to grow.

unless of course he invests it then it will well out strip the value of your coin. as he could easily get it to several hundred pounds in the next 20 years your coin however will probably not be worth the original value f the cheque by then. or ever as it's unofficial so worthless to collectors.

Well you were say that the negative people hadn't replied in a while, and I had make negative comments, and you seemed to think that it was because we had "seen the light" as it were and now actually thought that you might make money on it in light of the recent posts of others who have made money on old gaming paraphernalia. I just felt like coming back to inform you that you are mistaken, I do infact understand that others have made money on old, mint gaming paraphernalia, however they have made money on bits and bobs from games that both have a cult status, and were not ****. Like Stalker. No-ones going to remember STALKER in years to come. Its a mediocre "FPS-RPG" that will be forgotten about. No-one is likely to want to buy your bloody STALKER memorabilia coin in years to come when you've passed it down to your grandchildren.

Thank you for that, it is nice to read an almost apology.

Stalker Good or Bad? Don't matter, the coin is now a collectors item and i have one.
In fact the more people who hate it the better for my grandchildren, don't you agree?

iamdjdz, is his manual the ring bound one?

Cause if it's in good nick he might be able to get a few quid for it

I think it is mate, don't think he read it much. He's one of those people who always keeps his games well though. Probably doesn't want to sell it though.

Please................... do people not understand the value of somthing that is wanted.
If you are willing to pay then it is worth that amount.

I have a lot of old games but i want them for my children to see, ie, this is how daddy started (oh and read this thread) but some people would pay good money for different reasons, ie which is what makes something valuable.

Please................... do people not understand the value of somthing that is wanted.

I have a lot of old games but i want them for my children to see, ie, this is how daddy started (oh and read this thread) but some people would pay good money for different reasons, ie which is what makes something valuable.
Pleeaaaaaaase................... do you not understand that this will not be wanted, therefore it has not much of a value.

I think it is mate, don't think he read it much. He's one of those people who always keeps his games well though. Probably doesn't want to sell it though.

he should read it, it's an excellent piece of comedy :p

it's like the actual documents from the vault rather than a manual. dl the pdf version it makes for fun reading :p

No one has any trouble understanding that. Its just that very few people will want one in years to come when everyone has forgotten about stalker.

Thank you for that, it is nice to read an almost apology.

Stalker Good or Bad? Don't matter, the coin is now a collectors item and i have one.
In fact the more people who hate it the better for my grandchildren, don't you agree?

Lol, I can imagine them on Dickinson's Real Deal.

"Wtf is this then"

"It's a STALKER collectors coin"

"Riiight, what's stalker?"

"It was a mediocre PC game seventy years ago, it had a cult following"

"Are any of these cult followers still around?"

"No, they are all dead"

"So who do you think might buy this then?"

"You? It's collectible after all. Plus everyone hated them, not many were made. They weren't even official items, they are uber rare"

"So it's a metal disc someone's pressed and painting a picture on, with no precious metals, makers mark, heritage or fanbase to support it anymore?"

"Yes, it's so unique, it must be worth a mint"

"... How about I wire you half a credit to your online banking account, to leave me alone?" :p

print this thread off and stick it in a box under your mattress with the coin so in 50 years your kids can have a jolly good laugh

How much is Planescape Torment worth? One of the most asked about games.

I would never sell but one day my g/children might because a collector may decide it is worth a few grand.

It is all relative.

How much is Planescape Torment worth? One of the most asked about games.

I would never sell but one day my g/children might because a collector may decide it is worth a few grand.

It is all relative.

£10 - £20 on ebay.

Imagine what computer games are going to be around for you grandkids, do you think anyone is going to care about an fairly average pc game that is 70 years out of date?

Back
Top Bottom