Stalker Coin

Defcon is absolutely amazing - I think we are going to have that installed on the network for night shifts! Nothing more spooky than planning nuclear war in pitch black offices via the harsh glow of a CRT screen!

Rich

especially when the other guys are near by/in eye line you can feel the tension rise through quick glances and who's going to launch first :D

especially when the other guys are near by/in ear sho/eye line you can feel the tension rise and who's going to launch first :D

Aye! That is one of the most impressive games I have played in a long time - was not too much too it either, shows a game doesn't have to be stupidly high def graphics etc to be fun and enjoyable.

Rich

I have never seen someone confuse personal projected value with group projected value so much!

I have a copy of Uplink (Any of you remember that game? The hacker one?) When they originally made that it was pressed and burnt in their garage and distrubuted from there - then when they got a publisher they mass produced it. The programmers then found a box of 300 of the original home-pressed discs and numbered and signed them and sold them as a collectors item. I have No.09 if I remember right!

Personal value - quite a bit! I loved that game and felt a little bit of a connection with the devs.

Actual world value - Probably not a lot, I might be able to sell it for £20-30 maybe but nothing too fantastic - and that would have to be to a hardcore fan and collector in that particular area.

I have uplink, also my son loved it and the theory behind it.
Just not come to much.

I am now fed up and bored with this thread.
I am happy to argue straight on but not around the houses, so if you want to row with me go for it .

I think you are hoping it will be worth something more than it realistically is probably worth, especially as it is a 3RD party unofficial thing.

I hope you didn't get stung paying too much for that thing.

Rich

Personally I can't see gaming memorabilia being worth a great deal unless the game is an absolute classic. STALKER doesn't fall into that category.

Unique/rare memorabilia for a genuinely ground-breaking game like Doom, I could maybe see that being worth something (authenticated concept art, say).

Personally I can't see gaming memorabilia being worth a great deal unless the game is an absolute classic. STALKER doesn't fall into that category.

Unique/rare memorabilia for a genuinely ground-breaking game like Doom, I could maybe see that being worth something (authenticated concept art, say).

Ah what I would give for authenticated Doom artwork - or one of the clay models they put in the 3D scanner to make the designs!

*Dreams*

I think this thread should be about what gaming memorabilia you own - to take the nasty Stalker 3RD party coin taste from our mouths!

Rich

There am I... while you are all sleeping. :-)

So the coin already made it to UK? Wow, never thought it would be that fast...

Pretty funky how this thread turned but it was a fun read... with over 70% not related to the topic but sure I noticed a lot of traffic on the project page today.

My turn to go sleep.

Bye!

Back
Top Bottom