Staples's 'Kashmir' Managers Chair

Soldato
Oh also, i bought the extended 3 year warranty which covers accidental damage etc as it was £3 :p

After a few nights of it I have to say its extremely comfortable! I think I need to reattach the top to the base as I feel like mine has a bit of a lean to it? Anyone else?

And mine is also a xmas present from the mother, but i've told her i've already built it and if she wants to wrap it she'll have to come and get it in her tiny car :D

Soldato
Just bought one but no instructions with it, got a feeling I somehow built it wrong. Is the base supposed to be this close to the floor?

3jf8frS.jpg

Soldato
You bugger, went this morning and the other one is £89.99.
I did my own upholstering on the arms twice but I also sit on a cushion so that's why mine isn't as bad as yours.
I also have a black towel over the back because of my head psoriasis so again not as worn in.

Kinda sad to see the old chair go tbh! It must be at least 10 years old, I can't imagine the hours its handled my heavy ass and its still pretty comfortable. Gone to the big chair heaven in the sky now, RIP in peace.

Associate
Just bought one but no instructions with it, got a feeling I somehow built it wrong. Is the base supposed to be this close to the floor?

That piston is really low!

As Megahurtz400's image shows it looks like a different piston has been used with yours and the fitting at the bottom of the base has been altered.

Was the box re-sealed? Is it uncomfortably low?

Soldato
I don't think so...

6SucwuZ.jpg
Good job I always take pictures of instructions before throwing them away :p

mSkVjKz.jpg

Cheers for that, looks like a completely different gas strut on my one. Best give them a call tomorrow
That piston is really low!

As Megahurtz400's image shows it looks like a different piston has been used with yours and the fitting at the bottom of the base has been altered.

Was the box re-sealed? Is it uncomfortably low?

Yea resealed box and looks like a completely different strut

I reckon you've put the gas strut in upside down.

Was my first though but is definitely the right way

Man of Honour
Kinda sad to see the old chair go tbh! It must be at least 10 years old, I can't imagine the hours its handled my heavy ass and its still pretty comfortable. Gone to the big chair heaven in the sky now, RIP in peace.

Probably the same amount of time but I've had two.
I live in mine, so from when I get home from work until I go to bed I'm in it and all day at weekends.

Man of Honour
whilst this is on 1/2 price offer (ends today) im seriously tempted to go grab one of these today to replace my 6.5yo kashmir chair,
like @robfosters chair my gas lift is a bit knackered, (you thought of using a jubilee clip to secure it?)
with using the collectme £20 off a £100 spend code i can get this (and 2 ball point pens) for £81.98 and a possable 8% cashback to make it ~£75 :o

EDIT 1: ordered, available for collection in 1hr :)
when i cba to put it together il do a side by side pic of this v's the old staples one

EDIT 2: Quidco just tracked at £5.46, so total price of £76.52 for the chair + a couple of pens

Last edited:
Man of Honour

looking at the bottom of my Staples Kashmir and its the same as yours, the bottom of the strut is around 1cm off the floor on mine

Soldato
For those with a broken gas strut, just measure it and then buy a replacement from ebay/amazon. They cost like £10-£15 and are pretty much standard sizes.

Man of Honour
Yea must be the case, should be easy to get replacement chair tomorrow. Luckily off for a week so no big deal!

i had a look/sit on the one instore when i collected mine and that one was the same as @Megahurtz400
il stick mine together in a bit and see how it is
EDIT: yeah mines like Mega's

Last edited:
Man of Honour
set mine up, here it is next to my 6.5yo Staples Kashmir, the back is slightly higher and the arm rests a bit shorter with this newer one

1Q4fXiJ.jpg

i get the feeling like im perched on the edge of the seat and cant quite sit back far enough,
but that may well be due to all the padding in my old one going flat

Back
Top Bottom