Star Trek Bridge Crew

Soldato
Will be getting this soon, when i get my contact lenses and or VR prescription lenses. If anyone wants to play together. :)

If you go for prescription lenses, it's generally considered that these are better than the Lens Labs ones.

Fluke do you have the Widmovr adapter/lenses? I only ask as I was interested my self but as I use the VR Cover interface I wasn't sure if the Widmovr adapter would still fit ok? I did email them and all they could confirm was it supports the standard Rift interface and could not comment on other interfaces which is fair enough.

Actually these are considered better than any of the lens+adapter combinations.

https://vr-lens-lab.com/product/vr-frames-virtual-reality-glasses/

I don't know as I won't buying lenses or glasses until my after my next eye test. But it's just what I read on other forums. Could be all rubbish too!!

Associate
Actually these are considered better than any of the lens+adapter combinations.

https://vr-lens-lab.com/product/vr-frames-virtual-reality-glasses/

I don't know as I won't buying lenses or glasses until my after my next eye test. But it's just what I read on other forums. Could be all rubbish too!!
I'd go with solid inserts - the frame I bought for my Lens Labs ones fits in the Rift and doesn't budge a single mm. With that Lens Lab thing, you have to fart about with a piece of elastic around your head, and you've then still got something sat on the bridge of your nose (which with my glasses could get uncomfortable as the headset shifted around and put pressure on my nose over time).

I don't know if Lens Lab changed their design, but the other Widmovr lenses (as you look at them) are concave like normal glasses, and don't suffer any distortion. Lens Labs are (or at least were) convex, leading to some distortion. I can put up with it, as with the holder keeping them solidly in place, I only really notice it if I look for it.

Soldato
I'd go with solid inserts - the frame I bought for my Lens Labs ones fits in the Rift and doesn't budge a single mm. With that Lens Lab thing, you have to fart about with a piece of elastic around your head. I don't know if Lens Lab changed their design, but the other Widmovr lenses (as you look at them) are concave like normal glasses, and don't suffer any distortion.

I can't argue with you :) It was back a couple of months ago when I was looking into this, a few people who tried all 3 seemed to prefer the frames that I linked to. A guy here called PCFarrar got them and said they are really good. If you are happy with the Widmover ones then it looks like a win win situation no matter which ones you get.

We can settle which one is better over a friendly game of table tennis :p

Associate
Just picked this up for the Rift. Not sure if it used uplay or the Oculus dashboard. Am grant666uk on both if you fancy some warp factor fun.
It uses UPlay regardless of where you buy it (uses their infrastructure for cross-platform multiplayer). I'll be about Sunday evening if you want a game (not played it in what seems like ages now). Add me on UPlay as FlukeRogi, and drop me message if you're about/what time is convenient.

Soldato
Just picked this up for the Rift. Not sure if it used uplay or the Oculus dashboard. Am grant666uk on both if you fancy some warp factor fun.

I will be online this evening (Sunday) if you want to boldly go where no man has gone before :p I haven't played it in ages and would like to try a few more missions.

Associate
Cool I will add all of you too Uplay and we can all meet up on Sun, Ran few the tutorial for the captain, Took me ages to set up the view, The arm rests in game well inside my lazyboy chair. lol

Associate
Cool I will add all of you too Uplay and we can all meet up on Sun, Ran few the tutorial for the captain, Took me ages to set up the view, The arm rests in game well inside my lazyboy chair. lol

Ooops, I better reinstall UPlay.. Did a Windows reinstall recently, so not got round to installing everything yet.
I will be online this evening (Sunday) if you want to boldly go where no man has gone before :p I haven't played it in ages and would like to try a few more missions.
I'll be around from 7pm onwards, so whatever time works for you and Grantt666uk - just let me know.

Soldato

A lazyboy!! I now officially hate you!

Be prepared for childish, juvenile and petty sneers later during the game :p

Associate
Alright chaps. Sorry I have not been on yet. Got a Inateck 4 port usb hub today. Was supposed to be delivered yesterday but amazon etc etc. Anyway, popped it in and boom ! Blue screen of death. Only just got it all working now. Think I have added everyone to Uplay and Oculus home.

Back
Top Bottom