1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Trek: Discovery

Discussion in 'US TV shows discussion.' started by Edward78, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Kyo

Mobster

I personally think the show is great, good change to the norm added with a twist brutal reality, violence and gore.

2. TheOracle

Sgarrista

Really struggled with the last episode, the last part seemed to go all weird with people remembering. Not connecting with any of the characters either and that tall weird looking one does my head in.

Not sure about it, I'll carry on but my patience is being tested....I know, I know it's still early days.

3. stuie

Mobster

Kinda enjoying this tbh didnt think I would.

Would really like them to do a Next Gen spin off with wil wheaton and his carrier suprised no-ones done that yet

4. Ceryndrion

Mobster

I am not overly enthusiastic about this show yet, most of the characters are a bit meh, and the whole "previous star trek wasn't as sophisticated as we are" excuse for it looking more like a JJ production than it does TOS, kinda feels like a cop out to me.

On the other hand, I'd be more than happy to boldly go with cadet Tilly.

5. Spit

Soldato

Probs not, where no man has been before.

6. Shocky-FM

Wise Guy

Mid season finale was amazing, edge or your seat stuff from start to finish, easily the best episode so far, such a shame we have to wait until January. :(

I can't think of any other ST series that has me this gripped after 9 episodes, I know many don't like it and that's fine but you're missing out.

7. JediFragger

Capodecina

As long as Burnham does no more running I'm fine with it.

8. lego

Soldato

Really enjoyed the first nine episodes, not afraid to just jump right in, I think that was Enterprises problem, they spent season one to slowly and over cautious. Therefore losing too many viewers, this has been quite the opposite.

My only one criticism that's been driving me mad though

"WHY THE **** ARE THE SUBTITLES SO BIG AND IN CAPS!!!!!!" arghhhhhhhhh!

9. FrankJH

Capodecina

Im not a huge ST fan, but really liking this (liked the original reboot film , but not fan of previous films or tv series) but quite enjoying this to be honest.

The last episode (didnt realise there was a break for so long) was very good indeed but makes up for the previous one that was very weak imo.

I just wish they would stop shoving the LGB down the viewers throats - its not from an offensive point of view (its not offensive), but it doesnt need to be quite so front and centre
    (Im also not that convinced it would be allowed even so far in the future between the officers etc)

10. rids57

Soldato

By far the best episode so far, it's not even close.

I agree about the kissing and canoodling, it's a military ship, it just wouldn't be allowed, certainly not on duty - but it is 2017 after all, got to have some LGBGT in it like every other program on TV

11. hornetstinger

Mobster

Bloody Lens flare..

12. doodah

Capodecina

Thought it was just me - it's the most over exaggerated running going.

13. Shocky-FM

Wise Guy

Feels like Family Guy in space, you could take some of the story lines and give them family guy characters and it would probably work better.

14. Shamrock

Soldato

It's far more in the spirit of TNG than Discovery.

15. hornetstinger

Mobster

At least characters seem real...
    Number 1 warns not to kill the leader and what does she do.... useless.

And shoots him in the back.

Must be a romulan double agent.

16. howiepoohs

Mobster

Thankfully they are now using the Universal Translator. They should have used google translate before.

17. Shocky-FM

Wise Guy

Not sure what that means, they seem more real than the 2D perfect Star Fleet officers in TNG that so rarely do anything wrong, they have to dedicate a whole episode to them when they do.

They're only 9 episodes in, the characters in TNG, Voyager or DS9 were not fully fleshed out after 9 episodes. You have multiple series to draw on for these so it's not a fair comparison.

Also the acting in Discovery is very good as well, they're doing a great job.