US: Star Trek: Discovery

Associate
I think the point is that Star Trek Discovery is not a bad show because it isn't good quality 4k. If it bothers you, switch to the 1080p subscription instead. If you don't like Netflix, fine don't subscribe. However, objectively speaking, there is a ton of good content on there.
I've watched most of the stuff I wanted to on Netflix. I've not enjoyed most of the new Netflix exclusives by comparison. You cannot deny that Netflix is becoming more and more about it's own shows, the data is there to prove that.

I'm watching Turn: Washington's Spies on Amazon and really enjoying that. I like historical shows and I like sci-fi.

Why it is upsetting people that I've stated my opinion is beyond me. I guess some people can't tolerate a difference of opinion.

Associate
The only people I see type things like "Yawn" are people without the intelligence to form a decent argument.
Now now. No need to start frothing at the keyboard. I merely gave my opinion that I didn't enjoy the show and that the platform it is delivered on has gone down in my estimation.

If you cannot accept that my opinion is different from yours then perhaps you should find somewhere else to vent your frustration. This forum is not your echo chamber

FTM

FTM

Soldato
I am enjoying it

the only thing that bothers me is we are still using existing swears so far into the future....you would have though they would have come up with some new ones by then!

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I'm enjoying it.

I like the constant changes of direction, it's refreshing for a Star Trek show.

I just hope that continues. Worst thing that could happen is they keep jumping from universe to universe in a bid to get back home. Voyager meets Sliders :/

Associate
I am enjoying it

the only thing that bothers me is we are still using existing swears so far into the future....you would have though they would have come up with some new ones by then!
Yea when they dropped the F bomb for the first time I was mortified. I had been planning on watching this show with my daughter but now they've decided to make it "gritty" then it's no longer family entertainment. There are a few other things shoehorned in from "current year" too.

Yea when they dropped the F bomb for the first time I was mortified. I had been planning on watching this show with my daughter but now they've decided to make it "gritty" then it's no longer family entertainment. There are a few other things shoehorned in from "current year" too.

I think we get it, you don't like it, now move on please as it is boring.

Soldato
I am enjoying it

BSG did this pretty good with their "reimagining" of the f word. Didnt seem out of place.

Caporegime
I watched the latest episode tonight and the streaming quality of Discovery really is screwy, the colours shift so badly. Weird.

Awesome episode though, they are doing an awesome job re-imagining Star Trek while keeping an air of familiarity. I think (and hope) it is going to be huge.

Last edited:
Underboss
I watched the latest episode tonight and the streaming quality of Enterprise really is screwy, the colours shift so badly. Weird.

Awesome episode though, they are doing an awesome job re-imagining Star Trek while keeping an air of familiarity. I think (and hope) it is going to be huge.

I only got Netflix for Discovery, but I have been watching TNG again through netflix and i think its the updated version they are streaming as it more clearer now, know idea about enterprise though

Associate
I do wonder if it's the source and it's just been shot/edited this way? Some scenes just seem to have more grain and less focus than others?!

Associate
Its definitely getting better, even if the 'twist' in episode 11 that dropped yesterday isn't that surprising (don't want to include spoilers...)

I really liked the timeshifting one with Harry Mud - that felt like it was really back in the old star trek mode (even if the concept isn't original even within Star Trek itself, riffing on 'Cause and Effect' episode from TNG).

Back
Top Bottom