US: Star Trek: Discovery

Soldato
Err, am i watching the same program ?
I thought this was called "Star Trek" not "Discovery"
Whole of the season so far has been in the other universe!!

although im enjoying it, but not as Star Trek

Unless I've missed something obvious, I thought only the last three episodes have been in the other universe?

Soldato
Err, am i watching the same program ?
I thought this was called "Star Trek" not "Discovery"
Whole of the season so far has been in the other universe!!

although im enjoying it, but not as Star Trek
Maybe time to call it STD? :D I don't have Netflix and not sure it's worth it for one program, will probably wait for the DVD.
Andi.

Caporegime
Hmm the last two episodes were a bit of a disappointment. The main annoyance for me is Michelle Yeoh... she is simply a damn awful actress and her English sounds so stilted and awkward that it just ruined any sense of immersion for me that in the far future someone could be a Captain or Empress with such bad communication skills. I really wish they had cast someone else and I really wish that they hadn't brought her back into the story so prominently to the point she is now an evil empress back in the Captains chair of the most important craft in the Federation fleet... massive facepalm that we are supposed to believe that this is the only way it could have been done.

On top of that it seemed to lose some of its dark grittiness and revert to the stereotypical Star Trek group-hug-pat-on-the-back spiel which the majority of the season managed to avoid admirably. It's a shame directory find it so hard to maintain consistency.

Soldato
I kinda enjoy it. But agree with all the flaws mentioned already.

I really don't understand the reason for reboots or prequels. Just make a new story in the same universe just a few years later. Going back in time and redoing the same story is pathetic.

The only one I've really liked was Rogue One.

The Orville is kinda head wrecking. The storylines are classic Star Trek but everything else is Galaxy Quest.

Associate

saw it yesterday (well this early morning), didnt know it was finale season for them, i wonder if they going to renew or make it disppear like all the other good shows.

Underboss
Why did Burnham tell Ash about her mothers and fathers death, when we know they are not dead ? i thought Sarak was her father (not sure who her mother is though) , Also Pike's Enterprise is not in the same time period are they not?

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Why did Burnham tell Ash about her mothers and fathers death, when we know they are not dead ? i thought Sarak was her father (not sure who her mother is though) , Also Pike's Enterprise is not in the same time period are they not?

Burnhams real parents died to the Klingon attack. Sarek and his wife adopted her and raised her. Discovery and TOS Enterprise are based in near enough the same time period. The show is set a few years before the TOS, but the Enterprise was already out and about with Pike as captain before the adventures of Kirk et al.

Back
Top Bottom