Star Trek: Picard

Caporegime
Normally I would do my nut at different actors playing the same character but I don't feel it really matters in this instance. Perhaps because she has been seen so little. When I clicked on the spoiler tag I was expecting something like Cate Blanchett being cast as Dr Beverly Crusher. Now that would have got me riled. :p

Already had a few actors for that character linked, though the makeup done a good job of making it look like the same person more or less.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Already had a few actors for that character linked, though the makeup done a good job of making it look like the same person more or less.

Alice Krige and Susanna Thompson have played the Queen, with the makeup on Susanna making her look very close to Alice's portrayal in "First Contact".

Has anyone else played the part?

Caporegime
Alice Krige and Susanna Thompson have played the Queen, with the makeup on Susanna making her look very close to Alice's portrayal in "First Contact".

Has anyone else played the part?

Not yet, for years i thought the actor in voyager was the same as the one in first contact, really looked very similar.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Not yet, for years i thought the actor in voyager was the same as the one in first contact, really looked very similar.

She did.

Looked it up on IMDB. Susanna played the part in Voyager's "Dark Frontier" and the "Unimatrix Zero" two-parter. Alice came back for the finale "Endgame".

Soldato
Picard season 2 trailer dropped also renewed for season 3

Getting more borg and time travel. It's more borg which means more seven of nine so happy days :D

Soldato
I currently going through a re-run of TNG and can't understand how the production company of the new Picard show thought that Picard of TNG would have turned into their Picard, because the characters share virtually no traits other than the actor portraying him.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I currently going through a re-run of TNG and can't understand how the production company of the new Picard show thought that Picard of TNG would have turned into their Picard, because the characters share virtually no traits other than the actor portraying him.
+1!!!!!!!!

I continue to think Star Trek: Picard is set in a alternative universe. This is not our Picard.

I'm obsessed with Dr Crusher. If they don't get her back for season two then I'll... I'll... sulk for a day and get over it. :p
You mean this lady?? :confused:

2.jpg

:p:D

Soldato
Going back to the 21st Century to stop future fascism. I can imagine that will be a joy and not some awful political commentary. Also how about digging over the bones of far better Star Trek like The Voyage Home. The brand is strong in my heart and I will no doubt watch this and regret it.

Associate

I'd disagree with you there, I'd say they're pretty similar. Both willing to give up what they love in order to do the right thing. Will do anything for family etc. I think we see plenty of the same traits.

I just think people are seeing what we all lose with age and unfairly comparing them. I think there are two sides to it. First is TNG Picard was him in his pomp, he had a massive D (the enterprise you dirty people), the flagship of the federation. When he spoke, you listened. Out of respect for the man, his position and ultimately, if needed, a galaxy class ship to help persuade you. Usually what he said made sense too.

Now, he's no longer in starfleet and hasn't been for 20 years. He's the same man, he just doesn't have the power or influence anymore that he once did. That happens to us all.

2nd side to this is Patrick Stewart is an old man. He's frailer, his voice isn't as strong. Again, it's something that happens to everyone and it's unfair to suggest he should still command the same gravitas as a younger version of himself. Not that he can't call on it when needed though.

Anyway, mini rant over. I think folks are conflating some of the poor aspects of the show and reflecting them on the character of Picard a little unfairly.

Trailer look interesting. We'll see where they go with it!

Caporegime
Studio - we need to save money. Showrunner - OK we'll do it in the 21st century. And yeah - it's going to be chock-full of terrible social commentary.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'd disagree with you there, I'd say they're pretty similar. Both willing to give up what they love in order to do the right thing. Will do anything for family etc. I think we see plenty of the same traits.

I just think people are seeing what we all lose with age and unfairly comparing them. I think there are two sides to it. First is TNG Picard was him in his pomp, he had a massive D (the enterprise you dirty people), the flagship of the federation. When he spoke, you listened. Out of respect for the man, his position and ultimately, if needed, a galaxy class ship to help persuade you. Usually what he said made sense too.

Now, he's no longer in starfleet and hasn't been for 20 years. He's the same man, he just doesn't have the power or influence anymore that he once did. That happens to us all.

2nd side to this is Patrick Stewart is an old man. He's frailer, his voice isn't as strong. Again, it's something that happens to everyone and it's unfair to suggest he should still command the same gravitas as a younger version of himself. Not that he can't call on it when needed though.

Anyway, mini rant over. I think folks are conflating some of the poor aspects of the show and reflecting them on the character of Picard a little unfairly.

Trailer look interesting. We'll see where they go with it!
I get all that and took it into account. Still this Picard and the whole show is nothing like TNG. As I say, it is like a totally different universe.

Soldato
I get all that and took it into account. Still this Picard and the whole show is nothing like TNG. As I say, it is like a totally different universe.
Or just the Future and decades after TNG so of course things are different.

I imagine people had the same reaction to TNG when it first aired after growing up with ToS.

Back
Top Bottom