Star Trek: Picard

Soldato
I watched all of Picard, but the Picard in that show isn't the Picard we all know from the TNG era, neither are the writers, the target audience nor the genre as a whole, but even with those things it just missed whatever target it was aiming at, I'm surprised PS took the role back on given there were talks of it never happening because what he read was crap, makes you wonder just how crap it was to start with given what we ended up with, unless it was just a play to get more money..

Soldato
It's been the most Canon filled of recent Trek shows and is funny to boot.

Indeed, I tried to watch the first episode to start with but it didn't feel 'Trek' enough, then after I'd watched S2 of Discovery and Picard I tried it again and pretty much smashed the lot out in a few weeks while away with work and I've found that I'm watching the list on Prime waiting for its return...

Associate
I realised long ago when they started pumping out this type of trash that there making it for the tiktok crowd, the sort of people that don't like to use there brain when watching TV because there really just looking at the phone and not the TV which is why there are so many plot holes and retcons in this stuff as they didn't think anyone would be looking to carefully at it ;).

I bet they used all the best bits from the show in the trailer and it will be down hill from here :).

Foundation was ok but not a masterpiece its a show I would watch once only.
Expanse I will watch it once a year maybe two.

Soldato
I realised long ago when they started pumping out this type of trash that there making it for the tiktok crowd, the sort of people that don't like to use there brain when watching TV because there really just looking at the phone and not the TV which is why there are so many plot holes and retcons in this stuff as they didn't think anyone would be looking to carefully at it ;).

I bet they used all the best bits from the show in the trailer and it will be down hill from here :).

It's just content, there are so many sub services now and they're all just pumping out lame junk.

The wonders of modern entertainment, TV made as content for people who pay monthly not to watch it...

:D

I was watching something the other day which made a lot of sense to me. Star Trek and Star Wars are two quite different things.

Star Wars is more fantasy based. With the magical force and the technology is invented and not based on anything real. That's what it is about and has been from the start. I can accept this.

Classic Star Trek was based on real theories and real physics. Warp drive was something they thought about, hence things like "Heisenberg Compensators". Warping space is a theory which it was thought might be possible. Star Trek was thought about logically.

New Star Trek
Now they have magic mushrooms for travelling.
Magical devices which recreate entire events from a single molecule.
Magical repair device. Seriously, WTF was that about?

Bad writing and plot contrivances are the order of business.

Last edited:
Soldato
Indeed, I tried to watch the first episode to start with but it didn't feel 'Trek' enough, then after I'd watched S2 of Discovery and Picard I tried it again and pretty much smashed the lot out in a few weeks while away with work and I've found that I'm watching the list on Prime waiting for its return...
Season 3 will likely appear sometime Q3 this year.

I loved the Tom Paris episode :D

Caporegime
Magical devices which recreate entire events from a single molecule.
I think they watch this youtube channel or something

I think back in the day the people who invented "science" for scifi were more hardcore with their own knowledge rather than jumping to conclusions and flat out inventing stuff out of thin air

the people who write modern scifi are the same people who write marvel movies... probably

Soldato

Did you like dune?

Caporegime
Late to the show...BSG, Expanse.....not sure about the third - maybe Counterpart. Though I'll always have a soft spot for Voyager and loved DS9 when it wasn't a Bajorian storyline.

Associate
Did you like dune?

I guess your talking about the latest film seeing as there has been a few Dunes :), Yes overall but then I have read the book which gives me better context on that then someone who hasn't because they don't really explain anything from what I remember about the film.
I'm a bit of a Sci-fi person I like watching almost all Sci-fi apart from the latest Star-Trek stuff, Orville is ok but I'm not in to the comedy part.

Back
Top Bottom