Star Trek: Picard

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
end of last season they should have written in a younger picard .. Patrick Stewart an brilliant actor .. but sadly to old to believe in .. in the new trailer he's having a hard time walking .. sad but true :(
Yeah. He has lost his commanding presence unfortunately. He was awesome in TNG. They should have just left it like that really. Whenever I watch TNG I am happy to ignore Picard the TV show and assume it is just set in a different universe.

Caporegime
I liked Enterprise, it was generally respectful of the canon. The Xindi War was difficult to reconcile but I gave it a pass as it was a pretty good arc. To be honest Enterprise probably suffered from some Star Trek fatigue at the time and there were some really stand out episodes the time travel episode where Archer loses his memory was brilliant for instance.

Picard was a disappointment, we'll see how Season 2 is but it's lost a lot of goodwill for me.

Currently rewatching enterprise. I liked it. Yeah I agree you do have to watch with a bit of lack of care for Canon. But the actual xindi war stuff as standalone is good.

Picard.. I didn't watch it for long. Wasn't really what I was hoping for. Didn't feel like trek at all. And wasn't that good as stand alone (if you ignore the trek Canon)

Soldato
Currently rewatching enterprise. I liked it. Yeah I agree you do have to watch with a bit of lack of care for Canon. But the actual xindi war stuff as standalone is good.

Picard.. I didn't watch it for long. Wasn't really what I was hoping for. Didn't feel like trek at all. And wasn't that good as stand alone (if you ignore the trek Canon)

The first 3 Episodes of Picard S1 I felt were pretty decent, unfortunately it went downhill from there.

The series resolution was terrible but overall i'd say it was better than Discovery.

Like some of the posters above I find Discovery just feels like it's ramming a diversity agenda down your throat and it feels so forced & fake.

Caporegime
The first 3 Episodes of Picard S1 I felt were pretty decent, unfortunately it went downhill from there.

The series resolution was terrible but overall i'd say it was better than Discovery.

Like some of the posters above I find Discovery just feels like it's ramming a diversity agenda down your throat and it feels so forced & fake.

I didn't like discovery overall. But not totally.

For me. Discovery had a lot of issues.

Started well, although I never liked Michael. I didn't like her acting, I didn't like it being all about her rather that Sci-fi.

I liked since characters. Lorca, philipa. But they nerfed her going through.

But the good guys? They were super cheesy.
I didn't like spore drive. It's ridiculous. Saru was OK. But generally the characters were almost comedic. But in a bad way.

I didn't like the time travel bit (I rarely do like time travel, it's plot hole crazy at best of times). It felt like a very chaotic show that didn't know where it was going to me. It always felt like 'we are doing this crazy thing.. Now we need to explain to the viewers how we are doing it. And the explanation was never great... We need to remove distance.. The ship can jump.. It requires biology, it requires one person.. Oh and... Etc etc.

The general story started OK. But became absolutely ridiculous.

Best bit was space battles seeing ship jump was cool. But overall I barely got through it. Never a good sign when the best bits are flash, bang.

I don't usually mind diversity ramming. But yeah I could see an almost tick box exercise here. I never thought 'oh ds9 has a black captain' for example. But here yes. You can see it. It's no bad thing if done well but it did become too much of a plot Point here.

Caporegime
I do want to give 'The Expanse' a go as everyone raves about that

Not sure when I will get to watch it though, as I doubt my wife would be keen.

I've not met anyone else apart from myself who likes that sort of genre who doesn't like it! So I'd give it a go. But I did not like it.

My friends don't get why I don't like it. And nor do i

Caporegime
I looked it up. It's on yet another streaming service.

Reviews are certainly mixed from low to high.
Not great audience review on rotten tomatos

Audience high, critics low is usually one I avoid.

Caporegime
tough one.

1. Expanse(because there is more episodes)
  2. Picard
  3. Foundations

Based on this I'm not sure.i will watch foundations. I thought Picard was very poor. I think I watched 4 episodes. I don't often not like stuff like sci fi enough to turn it off.
Expanse I accept is good. But I didn't like it.

Back
Top Bottom