Star Trek: Picard

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
@TNA

https://www.fleetops.net/

Uses a new engine for a2 and supposably plays like a modern game now, not tried it but as long as u got the original cds u can play that version. Incase you didnt know which i didnt till recently. There used to be a few projects for bc2 have a google as its been years since i checked.
Thanks. I am not sure, but I think I have an Armada CD somewhere, not sure if I have the 2nd one.

As for Bridge Commander 2, I followed that for a while and completely forgot about that project. Doubt much will have come of it but will google and see, thanks.

Associate
Really? You dont think picard was a little too eager to give the ruthless killing machine, that he knew nothing about, a bed for the night? True, I guess no.1 must be a really good judge of character lol

you mean that if a hot 20 something come up to you in your 70's and asks to stay the night, you slam the door in her face :)

Commissario
Picard was usually a fairly good judge of character, he's an ex Star Fleet admiral used to making life or death decisions, he's in a house with replicators and going by the message that popped up when the reporters arrived a transporter pad, he's got two Romulan "housekeepers" who seem quite devoted to him "We remember what you did for us"*, and a dog that seemed to take a liking to her.
I suspect his house probably had pretty good security all things considered and he was probably in less danger than in his captains quarters on the Enterprise on any given day :p

*For some reason I can't help but think of them as being a little more than harmless refugees who decided to help him out (I'm half expecting one or both of them to have at least a military if not security background given he was obviously instrumental in saving a lot of Romulans).

Associate
None of that would be canon, but you sure reminded me of that game. Wish they would release a working version on Steam, that and the 2nd one. I remember really enjoying those games back in the day. These days we never get any good Star Trek games :(

It's not from one of the classic Star Trek games then if that story was around, I've too pretty much had all the classics on hand; Armada (Omega and Timeship), Armada 2 (which was more 8472 and Transphasic Nebula, but REALLY bad gameplay because everything was weak as heck and it was impossible to control properly early on before later patches fixed the positioning issues due to the 2.5D design of the battlefield), Bridge Commander (The best, being able to fly into weapons fire to take the hit, whilst your allies rally around you and take out the offender is unmatched in any other game so far I'd say, also modded it a lot of it back in the day; made one of the better CGSovereign Hardpoints back then and also fixed the MVAM torpedo count issue), and Star Trek Legacy (which was pants, as it had terrible modding abilities, as well as having a pizza box universe instead of a full 3D space like Bridge Commander), anything after that I don't remember dealing with the details of the Romulans, Nero and the Borg. So if there was such content, it wasn't in this list of classic Trek games.

I always wanted a Bridge Commander sequel, but I guess it did not sell enough.

No, it didn't sell well. It was also a very niche product, even back in the day. The biggest problem was that most people found that the "graphics" were not up to par compared to the stuff available in the other stuff. But then the modding community showed off what could have been with it for many years. NanoFx and high res models, with updated backgrounds made for spectactular screenshots. And then even other content from other franchises showed up and made it even more fun.

As for a proper Sequel to Bridge Commander, there was lots of projects that wanted to be BC2, but none have ever really got to the stage of release. Almost every one of them have fallen instead into becoming something else or was just a GoFund me project by the people behind the attempts. Really wished the original team wasn't disolved and given another go.

Soldato
It's not from one of the classic Star Trek games then if that story was around, I've too pretty much had all the classics on hand; Armada (Omega and Timeship), Armada 2 (which was more 8472 and Transphasic Nebula, but REALLY bad gameplay because everything was weak as heck and it was impossible to control properly early on before later patches fixed the positioning issues due to the 2.5D design of the battlefield), Bridge Commander (The best, being able to fly into weapons fire to take the hit, whilst your allies rally around you and take out the offender is unmatched in any other game so far I'd say, also modded it a lot of it back in the day; made one of the better CGSovereign Hardpoints back then), and Star Trek Legacy (which was pants, as it had terrible modding abilities, as well as having a pizza box universe instead of a full 3D space like Bridge Commander), anything after that I don't remember dealing with the details of the Romulans, Nero and the Borg. So if there was such content, it wasn't in this list of classic Trek games.

No, it didn't sell well. It was also a very niche product, even back in the day. The biggest problem was that most people found that the "graphics" were not up to par compared to the stuff available in the other stuff. But then the modding community showed off what could have been with it for many years. NanoFx and high res models, with updated backgrounds made for spectactular screenshots. And then even other content from other franchises showed up and made it even more fun.

As for a proper Sequel to Bridge Commander, there was lots of projects that wanted to be BC2, but none have ever really got to the stage of release. Almost every one of them have fallen instead into becoming something else or was just a GoFund me project by the people behind the attempts. Really wished the original team wasn't disolved and given another go.
There was that be thing that had you commanding a starship. Pretty similar.

Associate
There was that be thing that had you commanding a starship. Pretty similar.

Bridge Commander (BC)? That was a Starship Simulator and the one most players go back to for commanding a ship. Unless if you're talking about the other games that are Ship Simulators, but they're even older than BC, and so certainly wouldn't have dealt with the alternate JJverse story elements (unless you're talking about some fan mod). Also of the available Trek games, only Star Trek Online would have been released and gone over those elements that's still somewhat a ship simulator (it's not really, but some accept it as such) since 2009 (after JJverse release). It has a semi-canon state, due to the production team able to grab some of the old cast to reprise their roles, making it at least an Alternate Universe for our main Trek Prime Universe.

But again, CBS won't want to pay out anything to use anything from there, not when they can make anything they want and sell it too, so anything that's good will likely just remain there in the game as an Alternate Universe setting to what Picard shows.

Caporegime
Bridge commander imo was a pile of crap. Klingon academy was a great little game with plenty of options and mod support. Just a shame the engine it was on dated from the early 90's and had little in the way of high polygon model or high res gameplay support. 1280x1024 I think was as high as it could go.

Associate
Bridge commander imo was a pile of crap. Klingon academy was a great little game with plenty of options and mod support. Just a shame the engine it was on dated from the early 90's and had little in the way of high polygon model or high res gameplay support. 1280x1024 I think was as high as it could go.

Aye, base Bridge Commander didn't have as much going for it as it should have tactical wise (it was more a story driven game, tactical was nice for what was available during its release), but that's what the community mods helped with there. KA (Klingon Academy) and SFA (Starfleet Academy) both ran on super old engines, with KA being slightly updated, but even then they were both old by the time Bridge Commander came around. So whilst is had support for mods, there's only so much you can do. Much like Birth of the Federation, no matter the effort of the community and desires of what to do with the engine, it's limited to what it originally came with unfortunately.

Soldato
I quite enjoyed legacy, i really enjoyed starfleet academy, i think it was something like 6 or 7 cd's (thats the grandad of bluray for any youngsters on here:D).

Soldato
Bridge Commander (BC)? That was a Starship Simulator and the one most players go back to for commanding a ship. Unless if you're talking about the other games that are Ship Simulators, but they're even older than BC, and so certainly wouldn't have dealt with the alternate JJverse story elements (unless you're talking about some fan mod). Also of the available Trek games, only Star Trek Online would have been released and gone over those elements that's still somewhat a ship simulator (it's not really, but some accept it as such) since 2009 (after JJverse release). It has a semi-canon state, due to the production team able to grab some of the old cast to reprise their roles, making it at least an Alternate Universe for our main Trek Prime Universe.

But again, CBS won't want to pay out anything to use anything from there, not when they can make anything they want and sell it too, so anything that's good will likely just remain there in the game as an Alternate Universe setting to what Picard shows.
My post should have said that VR thing on PS4. My phone must have autocorrected it.

Associate
Managed to watch this at the weekend :D AWESOME!!

I just hope when we meet Riker for the first time he walks in and climbs over the back of a chair to sit down

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom