Star Trek: Picard

Soldato
My only disappointment in the whole episode was Harry Treadaway as the Romulan at the end. I think he's an exceptionally poor actor, found him annoying in Fortitude and boring/tedious in Penny Dreadful

Associate
That's the one, and he appears to be credited for all 8 episodes so we're probably stuck wth him. Don't think I dislike him quite as much as SixTwoSix but he was certainly the worst part of Penny Dreadful.

Associate
My only disappointment in the whole episode was Harry Treadaway as the Romulan at the end. I think he's an exceptionally poor actor, found him annoying in Fortitude and boring/tedious in Penny Dreadful

That's where he's from! Seemed very familiar, was putting it down to looking like bearded Spock.
The character was a bit annoying in that, can't say I had overly negative thoughts about the actor.

Penny Dreadful had a pretty a-list cast, we'll see how he gets on in this.

Soldato
Typical sjw snorefest with the little girl kicking 3 or 4 trained killers asses - how amazing 10/10, and no jeri ryan was pants

Caporegime
Not sure you even watched it?

Probably read a spoiler review.

She's not a "little girl" she's a synthetic. As strong (if not more so) than Data.

There was literally nothing "SJW" about the whole episode. It just felt like a good start to a show with an old character.

I swear that people are so obsessed with being "Anti SJW" that they are missing out on some amazing TV shows - like Watchmen.

Man of Honour
I'm with @VincentHanna on this one. Dont get me wrong, I REALLY despise all forms of political correctness, SJW, virtue signalling and so on, but there wasnt really any of that in this episode. As mentioned, she's an android, with all the speed and strength advantages that come with it so fighting those people wasnt really a problem.

I enjoyed the first episode, despite going into it very wary. Only thing I dont like so far is that Picard seems a little too doddering to me, doesnt seem to have any of the command or aura or presence that he had in Next Gen, however I am attributing that to him having been retired for so many years and has lost some of that bridge commander aspects of his personality, I'm guessing that as the plot unfolds and the season moves on, more and more of his Starfleet Captain gravitas will return to his character.

Soldato
Dont really care about other peoples reviews. I enjoyed it. Nothing else matters. :)

This. After watching the drivel that is SW Ep8 it put me off watching Sci-Fi for a little while. I used to like Dr. Who but I've been put off that Recently as I wasn't impressed by the 13th Dr. & the DIY Dalek Episode. Ep9 was OK but I'm a huge TNG Fan & I wanted to see if this was as good as the old series was 30 years ago. It didn't disappoint as far as I'm concerned & as for the critics, well there's stuff on the telly much worse than this that they can pick holes from :p

Soldato
I agree they made a few valid points but I am much more positive about Picard. You can survive a few mistakes f overall it works and is delivered well. Picard on the basis of one episode passes this test. Discovery, or the new Star Wars trilogy don’t. Their mistakes break suspension of disbelief, Picard is well clear of this hurdle. I thought it was an assured start.

Soldato
i have never seen my dad grabbing so much information after watching one ep of something and running up to my room saying it is awesome and looking up comics and any thing he can get his hands on, picard has done that for him :)

he is a proper trekkie i had toys and stuff thanks to him and he used to build awesome ship models and add in lights etc, our local one had a klink battlecruiser hanging about that the shop bought back :p

Soldato
I can do. Meantime, if you want to see what happens when I do that for something that I dislike, here's one I did for the STD season 2 finale.

I can't do it, just about to watch the final episode of the first season. I've been watching it in VR within a cinema environment so each episode has felt like I've traveled to watch this grand movie. Definitely affected my viewing pleasure in a positive aspect.

Back
Top Bottom