1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Trek: Picard

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by TheOracle, May 17, 2019.

1. Washout

Wise Guy

She seemed able to sense he recognised her too - bit of empath genes spliced in?

Got my interest piqued! Why do the synths hate the Romulans so much that they'd wipe out a rescue fleet for them and burn Mars. What have those naughty rommies been up to?

What's the connection with the synths and the Borg we know will be in the show?

I wonder if the Romulan star going nova was a natural event, it was them that were messing with that substance from Generations for making stars go nova.

Looking forward to finding out.

2. VincentHanna

Capodecina

RedLetterMedia seemed to **** on the first episode.

I respectfully disagree with them, even though they had some valid points

3. arknor

Caporegime

I see a lot of the internet didn't seem to like picard.

I thought it was a pretty solid episode, maybe too slow paced for many but thats how most of startrek used to be before the action movies of recent.

people seem to be taking cloned as literally cloned as well that's not what they meant in the show. people too low iq

4. Bug One

Sgarrista

5 seconds in, and I won't even watch any more of that nonsense. I thought it was a great first episode.

I prefer these guys to review stuff. Less opinionated.

5. Bug One

Sgarrista

Actually, I've watched another 10 seconds of those muppets and flagged youtube to never recommend their channel again.

6. arknor

Caporegime

videos like this and similar ones actually make me wonder.

are they actually being honest and giving their opinion, or saying what they think the internet wants to hear to try and get more views. the one linked above is basically a "roast picard" video where they start becoming utterly ridiculous and imo embarrassing with the stupid ideas they start to come up with like they are 13 year olds

7. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

I'm looking forward to see what The Critical Drinker thinks...he has the ability to critique TV and movies sensibly and logically without resorting to being deliberately divisive.

I really enjoyed the first episode, some niggly issues but overall really good and frankly, I don't think i'll be able to sit through another episode of Discovery after seeing how right they got it with this.

8. VincentHanna

Capodecina

9. chroniclard

Capodecina

Dont really care about other peoples reviews. I enjoyed it. Nothing else matters. :)

10. Conscript

Sgarrista

Cheers gents, but as it happens, yesterday evening while we were looking for something new to watch, the girlfriend noticed Picard and suggested we watch it, so I've started on it anyway now. I have seen (and enjoyed) the newer movies, and have enough of a general understanding of the ST universe that it made sense. I will keep working through TNG in the meantime though :)

Really enjoyed it on the whole. Perhaps not being a die hard trekkie is an advantage, as I'm not too invested in the intricacies of the lore to get annoyed by inaccuracies. Looking forward to the next instalment.

11. HeX

Capodecina

Well said!

Personally thought it was great. My only gripe is I can't binge watch all of it!

12. Greboth

Mobster

I'd agree with you on this, It wasn't perfect but most importantly for me, Picard got the feel of Star Trek. Neither the recent movies or even Discovery felt like Star Trek.

13. SPG

Soldato

Apart from Dr Who....it really does suck :)

14. TNA

Capodecina

True, only down side to that is if no one else enjoys, it will get canceled sooner or later.

I enjoyed the episode, but not as much as most people here. To me it fell in the good, but not great category, whereas everyone here (except for Panos :p) found it to be great judging by the comments. I mean when you consider the rubbish we have been getting the last few decades then yeah, this does seem like great in comparison. From what I have seen so far I am concerned though that once all the fan service is out of the way, it will run out of gas and just be another STD. I hope I am wrong. With all that said, I am looking forward to the next episode.

15. MissChief

Capodecina

What day of the week does this come out? Thursday I think?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  16. TheOracle

Capodecina

I've watched the episode three times, absolutely loved it. The slower pace is great for me.

I'm bored with all the high octane tripe we've been fed over the last few years.

17. chroniclard

Capodecina

Ah yeah on the cancelled bit.

I did not think it was "great" though, just good and good enough to want me to want to watch more. :)

18. EddScott

Sgarrista

Watched the first ep last night. A few wobbly bits of dialogue aside, I thought it was excellent. You could ask a non-strek fan to watch it as a stand alone series.

19. lokiss

Mobster

It was ok, it'll most certainly ramp up, all trek does including Enterprise.v

I don't see anyone else saying it, but Stewart is far too old now. Having watched all next gen many times over, I couldn't break away from the man that was to how he appears today. Ten years ago trek needed a Picard to bring it back, I've no idea why they've made this today after the success they've had with Discovery.

20. steve5424

Wise Guy

Stewart is not too old. He is old yes but not too old.