**** Star Wars: Battlefront ****

Caporegime
Sorry meant "increase"!

lol the SWBF forums are a riot (comedy wise)... a whole new group of gamers (who have never played a Battlefield game) getting their first exposure to the quality of Dice Stockholm products... loling at the people in disbelief that they can't even make a properly working chat feature...

Unfortunately that is the state of most games these days, they can't seem to get the most of basic features working on day 1 i.e. fallout 4 you couldn't even get the game menu option for setting your res. correctly, had to do it via ini files lol....

Soldato
Asked awhile ago, but how do you report players.

Mate recorded a vid with a blatant cheater, guy was invulnerable in our spawn killing everyone.

Associate
Got this on friday and loving it. Sure it is not perfect by any means but as a pick up and play fun blaster that looks and feels fantastic , it is well worth £30 of my money.

Man of Honour
Depends - there is an invulnerability bug with vehicles but I've seen 2 players now who can toggle invulnerability on and off at will somehow and boasting about it.

Having not really seen many cheaters at all for the last few nights of playing it - jumped into a walker assault game just now with the top 3-4 players on both teams blatantly cheating - one was playing as hans solo and 360 degree headshotting everyone anywhere on the map instantly as fast as the gun would fire.

Soldato
just played some more

new things annoying me

1.no scrambling of teams - same 3 people where top of the other team for 3 matches in a row, in the end rounds lasted about 5 mins because of the steamroller
2.had rebs on hoth / imps on endor / rebs on sullust then moved servers and got rebs on tattoine - all the worst teams to be on for each map :p
3.getting spawn raped by your own turrets constantly
4.clipping thing you are hiding behind with pulse rifle every single time you fire it

Caporegime
The terrain on certain maps is annoying, sometimes you'll just stop dead because you ran into an invisible wall because some dinky little incline is apparently enough to stop people in their tracks. Some areas have you bouncing about like an idiot trying to figure out what's stopping you from going a specific way.

Man of Honour
Yeah thats happened in Frostbite engines since they existed :| its not half as bad as it was when compared to BF4 on release though - though for some reason terrain navigation seems to be much more affected by the "netcode" in SWBF than in BF4 (possibly due to how long a timeslice it seems to be working with when trying to reconcile events from different players).

Caporegime
Yeah thats happened in Frostbite engines since they existed :| its not half as bad as it was when compared to BF4 on release though - though for some reason terrain navigation seems to be much more affected by the "netcode" in SWBF than in BF4 (possibly due to how long a timeslice it seems to be working with when trying to reconcile events from different players).

More noticeable for me in this as I generally roll around in tanks in bf games. This obviously being more on foot oriented.

Associate
lol what bs

dont get me wrong battlefront is a great fun game but it certainly didnt hook me like Rainbow 6 Siege did. battlefront has been great for me 15 20 minutes at a time when im in between cooking or people are in and out of the home office.

but i think its worth is shining through after owning it since release day. as good as battlefront is most pc gamers are going to return their main game or sink into another new game like FO4 or rainbow six Siege.

after two weeks of playing battlefront and having discovered Rainbow Six do I think the £30 price tag was reasonable? probably not. If there were no other competing games out then it wouldve been fine. but with so many games coming out this holiday season I think your spending money can be better placed on a different game if you're looking for long term replay value.

Caporegime
Angry Joes review is up, can't link obviously.

As always brilliantly funny and correct - I still enjoy the game for what it is though.

His reviews are ok but when he interviews someone he's irritating as ****, always has to butt in and not give the other person a chance to answer properly, essentially he can't shut the **** up for more than 10 seconds. :mad:

Soldato
The terrain on certain maps is annoying, sometimes you'll just stop dead because you ran into an invisible wall because some dinky little incline is apparently enough to stop people in their tracks. Some areas have you bouncing about like an idiot trying to figure out what's stopping you from going a specific way.

Had a good couple of hours on this yesterday and really surprised how long I lasted. Was hitting mid table a few times too which surprised me. Biggest issue I had was on Hoth getting stuck on the snow only experienced it on this map.

Especially on Endor there seem to be a lot of paths and quite often you could work your way round the enemy flank and catch 3/4 unawares.

First time in a AT AT Walker too loved it blasting everything. Also nice to have the Ion Torpedo so now I can blast those pesky AT ST's.

Back
Top Bottom