**** Star Wars: Battlefront ****

tbh if it's not barrage it's an impact or thermal detonator flying your way, sometimes all 3 at the same time :p and if you're really lucky a thermal imploder added to the mix!

Even the trailers full of grenade spam! :p

Battlefield is different, how? Arches were always full of endless explosions and mortars. Sometimes some parts of the game were like Predator. 20 players standing constantly firing, launching grenades, rpgs, grenade launching and usually hit nothing unless someone tried to enter.

BF 4 was bad but it isn't anywhere as bad now and it was only ever on choke points on maps like lockers/metro over a tiny door/entrance. In this, it doesn't matter where you are, people just use grenades/explosives as their primary even if they are only 2 feet from you. Out of everything wrong with this game, this is the main thing that will cause a very quick death if DICE aren't quick with a fix.

BF 4 was bad but it isn't anywhere as bad now and it was only ever on choke points on maps like lockers/metro over a tiny door/entrance. In this, it doesn't matter where you are, people just use grenades/explosives as their primary even if they are only 2 feet from you. Out of everything wrong with this game, this is the main thing that will cause a very quick death if DICE aren't quick with a fix.

You not refunded it yet? :p

I've not had too much problem with it - though I do agree with the impact grenade needing to be a lot smaller radius so it needs some skill - its the only one that had really bothered me as the rest can usually be avoided if you are on your toes.

On an unrelated note - this game works so nicely with CMSS-3D if you have an X-Fi swap to gaming mode with CMSS-3D enabled, headphones selected in the creative control panel, 7.1 speakers selected for your default sound device in windows plus up the bass a couple of notches in tone controls, surround sound with the hi-fi speakers ingame - really nice immersive soundscape ingame with some really nice thuds from explosions that you don't get with normal sound settings.

Last edited:
2 free maps my hole, maps that were held back from the retail release would be more like it.

They were held back but they are also free, no-one has to pay for them. It was just a 'perk' for pre-orders that they get to play them a week earlier.

Some retailers are selling access to them for a few quid which is more a money grab.

All of this. Thermal, Impact and/or Barrage > Blasters seems to be the order of importance.

Not yet.... I am hoping that they release fixes/improvements with tomorrow's patch/dlc. There is still potential for it...

Got till Thursday to get a refund.

Same here. Is there definitely a patch tomorrow too do we know?

Back
Top Bottom