****Star Wars: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Official Thread****

They paid that much for the franchise so they are currently even on a brand that has lost a lot of steam.

They want to make another 4 billion, and rightly concerned that its become much harder than they anticipated.

Crazy to think how much money Disney have made from Marvel but they let them be autonomous and it worked. SW has been a meddling disaster because of Kennedy, you dont walk out in 'The force is female' t-shirts and produce the worst Mary Sue cinema has ever seen and expect to be a blind success.

Permabanned
Suspect that Disney haven't made much money from SW considering how much they paid for it, costs of production, and marketing etc. Also the Han solo film lost money.

The franchise is now pretty dead as they killed off the expanded universe and ripped up everything good about the original trilogy people just don't care anymore.

Soldato
Suspect that Disney haven't made much money from SW considering how much they paid for it, costs of production, and marketing etc. Also the Han solo film lost money.

Plus all the additional money they spent on "Sequel Trilogy Only" theme parks, toys, merchandise etc which has all flopped.

I think Disney were rubbing there hands together in glee at the thought of how much money they could make off the SW franchise way back 2012, and how good they must have been feeling after the economic success of Ep7 in 2015, only to be left utterly amazed at how quickly everything has fallen to poop in under 4 years.

Permabanned
Plus all the additional money they spent on "Sequel Trilogy Only" theme parks, toys, merchandise etc which has all flopped.

I think Disney were rubbing there hands together in glee at the thought of how much money they could make off the SW franchise way back 2012, and how good they must have been feeling after the economic success of Ep7 in 2015, only to be left utterly amazed at how quickly everything has fallen to poop in under 4 years.

Yep, serves them right.. just a shame they have destroyed so many people's enjoyment of a series as they now view it as effectively dead to them.

Soldato

Goes to show it's not just the angry fanbois that weren't impressed, people have spoken with their wallets, the only thing that makes a film studio listen.

Soldato

The franchise is now pretty dead as they killed off the expanded universe and ripped up everything good about the original trilogy people just don't care anymore.

Agreed. I only watched TROS because my daughter shared her Disney+ account details with me.

Soldato
Yep, serves them right.. just a shame they have destroyed so many people's enjoyment of a series as they now view it as effectively dead to them.

I think the bigger shame is that people who had no say in the decisions made by Studio Heads are being negatively effected by the fallout from it. From Disney Theme park employees and toy makers being laid off all the way to the Ep8-9 production crews who did an amazing job and worked their bums off, just to see all that effort widely panned because of a decision made by someone far above their pay grades. The "higher ups" at both Disney and Lucasfilm don't seem to give a poop at the fairly heavy damage their decisions have caused, and will continue to cause, further down the food chain.

Soldato
Watched the "Making of Ep9" Documentary - Just like with GoT Season 8, I feel so sorry for the production crew who yet again did an absolutely amazing job whilst under immense pressure only for all their hard work to be effectively nullified because of a poor story undermining everything.

Its not poor story its no story... as in a complete rehash of the original plot(s). Can't they come up with original stories? Apparently not, the studio heads have become so risk averse they daren't do anything remotely risky with their investment so think just a refresh of the exactly same plot will do the job. Its not just SW though even the rebooted Star Trek movies are the same the last one I watched was the Wrath of Khan refreshed and rebooted, the same old same old, except instead of Kirk watching Spock die and yelling "KHAAAAAAAAAN!!!" it was Spock watching Kirk instead... I didn't know whether to laugh or cry was it intentional satire or were we supposed to take it seriously? I think we were.

It seems the new rumor is that it's going to be a 'Lucas Cut'. They just need to leave it, it's done. Move on.

Oh god it goes from bad to worse.

Soldato
I have been playing the Lego StarWars Skywalker saga on the Xbox recently and thought, oooh I'll watch the last 3 films (Watched 1-6 many times, but only 7-9 once each)

I loved them. not once did I think, thats wrong or thats not what it was in the other films. Good guys fight bads guys. Space ships. Laser gun fights. Odds against the good guys. Good guys find a way. Droids. Evil. Magic stuff. Funky space people. The list is endless and It was a fun ride.

Guess I am easily pleased.

Back
Top Bottom