** Star Wars Episode VII - SPOILERS WITHIN **

I'd think it's a given this will take $2 billion world wide. I'll be seeing it at IMAX and then again at the normal cinema with my kids.

Yeah I read that a few months ago. I still don't get why he sold it and didn't just sub it out. Especially why he's alive because let's face it none of us would enjoy watching someone take our life's work in a different direction and he didn't need the money.

Disney surely would have still given him 2 billion if he got half the profit from everything.

Yeah I read that a few months ago. I still don't get why he sold it and didn't just sub it out. Especially why he's alive because let's face it none of us would enjoy watching someone take our life's work in a different direction and he didn't need the money.

Disney surely would have still given him 2 billion if he got half the profit from everything.

maybe he had enough - the prequels got a lot of (deserved) abuse.
look at the footage of the pre-screening of ep 1 - he said 'i think i've gone too far'. Even george realised he made a **** of a film.
He certainly doesn't need the money (but still gets a *** load from merchandising i assume).

But then he might have had a lot of say in what goes on and that would be very very bad. Hopequally he had no involvement in this one.

New Hope is the best of the lot, the least easy to pick holes in. I don't think it's bad if he has input, it's just bad if he directs it. These films will generate huge sales but the aim will be to hook a new bunch of 12 year olds as that's who the films are aimed at. This film is the easiest of the lot to make because it will still have the hard core of Han Luke and Leia that the most vocal bunch of fans will have the most difficulty moving away from as they kill them off. Wait until they aren't in it anymore and hear the whinging begin how it's not Star Wars anymore.

JJ has the easiest task, he's bringing back the old set before they are killed off. He literally cannot lose. The people that follow after are on a hiding to nothing.

maybe he had enough - the prequels got a lot of (deserved) abuse.
look at the footage of the pre-screening of ep 1 - he said 'i think i've gone too far'. Even george realised he made a **** of a film.
He certainly doesn't need the money (but still gets a *** load from merchandising i assume).

I think he get's 1 or 2% now IIRC. I just think he sold it too cheapily, regardless of if he sold it without wanting input.

There's a whole history of thousands of years for Disney to make films from. I, for one, would love to see darker films, 15 rating minimum, including the Darth Bane/Darth Zannah story.

That's never going to happen.

Yet another new trailer in the X Factor break tonight.

Booked some premium seating in the Everyman cinema on Friday.

Had a good experience with the last one I went to. Has an intimate and nostalgic atmosphere great for something like this. Adult crowd and would recommend over an IMAX any day.

Currently sat at my PC with A new hope playing whilst feeding my little one his porridge. Got to start them early I say. All being well we should get Empire strikes back and Return of the Jedi crammed in today too.

12345476_528032227355653_1937259890562922243_n.jpg

seeing this thursday morning 00:05 :D

avoiding trailers and anything star wars like the plague lol, facebook is definitely a no go zone

watched the first 6 films over the last week, can't wait for thursday lol :D

can't see how they are going to follow on from episode 6 though, just doesn't feel right to me to have a 7th

Box-office analysts think Abrams will be fine. Fans have already bought over $50 million in advance tickets, according to 60 Minutes. Tracking for the film already suggests $2.5 billion in sales internationally, and in the UK, leading cinema chain Odeon has reported more than 500,000 pre-opening sales - double the previous record, held by October's Spectre.

Back
Top Bottom