** Star Wars Episode VII - SPOILERS WITHIN **

Empire Strikes Back was on a lot at Christmas? Thats all I can remember back in the day. I do remember Masters of the Universe on Christmas Eve/Boxing Day for some many years. These films usually came on Boxing Day.

Funny how films were so different back then. In a strange magical way. The long waiting. Going to friends houses. Or they came to yours to watch it. Or one friend had Betamax. Nearly all the friends went.

Last edited:
Empire Strikes Back was on a lot at Christmas? Thats all I can remember back in the day. I do remember Masters of the Universe on Christmas Eve/Boxing Day for some many years. These films usually came on Boxing Day.

Funny how films were so different back then. In a strange magical way. The long waiting. Going to friends houses. Or they came to yours to watch it. Or one friend had Betamax. Nearly all the friends went.

my parents would not let me see masters of the universe :(

For all the reboots in Hollywood. I'm still shocked it never happened when he said, I'll be back.

Yet it's not even in english on youtube.

Lol. I seem to recall that a new Masters of the Universe film has been mentioned a few times in the last decade, but nothing ever seems to come of it. It will stink though, so probably a good thing that it will likely remain unmade.

Personally I can't wait for the new films to come out.

I think us older generation (I'm 36) need to get in touch with your inner child to fully enjoy the next generation films. The fact the next films will have some of the older cast in I think will make it better than the prequels (I still enjoyed these films, just not as much as the original 3).

I still love SW all round, I'm excited anyway!

;)

Why would he even go down that path after not turning in the first place. The inner child in me will hate that happening to luke just as I hated it happening in the Dark Empire series.

I guess they had to go for shock factor with everyone expecting him to be training and handing over the baton. I have said before, they should have just re-cast the roles and started from a closer point in time to ROTJ. Not doing that really limits the options.

My son won't care it's all about anakin for him, he thinks Lukes a ***** anyway. Or as he has said to me many times "He doesn't even kill anyone dad, he just lays there dieing". :D

I'm deliberately not reading spoilers, but going darker is surely the only way Star Wars is going to become cooler (more profitable) at this point.

Bet you son also thinks Jar Jar Binks is great ;)

Nope not fussed by him, he's 5 if it doesn't hold a lightsabre he isn't interested. Which is why to him luke is a *****. He's watched all six films and all the clone wars series except season 6. He's seen Jedi do what they are supposed to, fighting with the force and a lighsabre. Then you watch ROTJ and you have luke having to stop and close his eyes to lift c3p0 up 8 feet. Even at age 5 he can't work that out :D

I was hoping they would expand on luke's abilities and having him be the one to start off the new jedi order, so that he doesn't look such a jessie from having films that pre-dated the prequels so much.

I'm hoping this book fills in some more about his training, it's a canon book. One of 3 new canons announced.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/17808926...TF8&colid=381WMK2I478YX&coliid=I3VKXRD8GWZ1DQ

Making luke a bad guy if true is lame. He was the hero and that would just suck from a story point of view.

I agree, he didn't turn when he was the supposed last of the order, when his sister was at threat and all his friends were going to die. It's going to take some epic writing to make that believable :)

Then again I have just watched the first in the series from the new Star Wars Rebel cartoon which is all part of the new Canon. It seems they are going to be happy to whizz all over the original stories. It has disney all over it with the glossy cartoon feel and none of the grit of the clone wars series.

It looks like the Rebel series will introduce more Jedi in hiding to give some weight to Luke not being the last Jedi, so they can have him as the bad guy and still explain how more jedi got trained.

Well, let's hope those hidden Jedi were better than the poor excuses that got wiped out in the prequels :p

:D

My biggest gripe with the 3rd film (aside from the acting) is actually the palpatine arrest, it's like they just couldn't be bothered to make a scene. Kit Fisto just stands there and dies. That should have been an epic scene, it was truly dreadful :(

Back
Top Bottom