** Star Wars Episode VII - SPOILERS WITHIN **

v0n

v0n

Soldato
To my eye it is definitely Wookie or both Han and Wookie. Focus on the left hand side of the screen, not the hair to the right hand side. What everyone is calling "leather jacket" is a closed mouth of a wookie with his face turned at a slight angle towards Rey.

In fact almost everything has been revealed in the trailer:

The action focus points are "clone wars" as in clones of original trilogy plot points - yet another sand dune planet where the lonely Skywalkers live, yet another deathstar-ish construct to be blown away by X-wings. Yet another snow planet with control centre to be attacked from the ground.

Finn is not a converted stormtrooper, he's just disguised as one for a special mission. He's also a Jedi. A son of someone with force in their blood. Of someone who can rally the best crew in the galaxy for a rescue mission if you catch my drift.

Padme I mean Rey is obviously also a third generation Skywalker/Origana descendant, plus it's all about "the force awakening" in her. Skillful at repairing robots lady with a sandy planet for their home? I wonder which one of the Skywalkers would feel at home in such a place?

Finn is fighting Kylo on a snow planet. Which is part of bigger attack. Knights of Ren posse kill a lot of bodies. During the dual Kylo ends up without helmet. Once you see that mug and ears you won't be taking such villain seriously ever again, which means that Kylo is a disposable villain and the true villain has not yet been revealed to us (in trailers).

R2 on a sandy planet, hooded guy with artificial hand says to his offspring by the camp fire - "the Force is strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. My sister has it. You have that power, too..."

Finn is fighting Kylo using Anakin-then-Luke's blue lightsaber lost in a fight to Vader in TESB. We can also see Rey handing over that very lightsaber to Finn in rebel hangar before the mission. The presumption from the trailer was that she scavenged the lightsaber, however, duel in Cloud City happened above the poisonous surface of Bespin with considerable gravitational force (enough to threaten Luke's life), so the lightsaber wouldn't just end up in vacuum and travel through space to some Tatooine-ish Jakku (without burning through atmosphere). It would have to be either retrieved from the metal core of the gas giant by someone bothered enough or built from scratch. Or be a plot hole.

Last edited:
Soldato
In fact almost everything has been revealed in the trailer:

The action focus points are "clone wars" as in clones of original trilogy plot points - yet another sand dune planet where the lonely Skywalkers live, yet another deathstar-ish construct to be blown away by X-wings. Yet another snow planet with control centre to be attacked from the ground.

Finn is not a converted stormtrooper, he's just disguised as one for a special mission. He's also a Jedi. A son of someone with force in their blood. Of someone who can rally the best crew in the galaxy for a rescue mission if you catch my drift.

Padme I mean Rey is obviously also a third generation Skywalker/Origana descendant, plus it's all about "the force awakening" in her. Skillful at repairing robots lady with a sandy planet for their home? I wonder which one of the Skywalkers would feel at home in such a place?

Finn is fighting Kylo on a snow planet. Which is part of bigger attack. Knights of Ren posse kill a lot of bodies. During the dual Kylo ends up without helmet. Once you see that mug and ears you won't be taking such villain seriously ever again, which means that Kylo is a disposable villain and the true villain has not yet been revealed to us (in trailers).

R2 on a sandy planet, hooded guy with artificial hand says to his offspring by the camp fire - "the Force is strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. My sister has it. You have that power, too..."

Finn is fighting Kylo using Anakin-then-Luke's blue lightsaber lost in a fight to Vader in TESB. We can also see Rey handing over that very lightsaber to Finn in rebel hangar before the mission. The presumption from the trailer was that she scavenged the lightsaber, however, duel in Cloud City happened above the poisonous surface of Bespin with considerable gravitational force (enough to threaten Luke's life), so the lightsaber wouldn't just end up in vacuum and travel through space to some Tatooine-ish Jakku (without burning through atmosphere). It would have to be either retrieved from the metal core of the gas giant by someone bothered enough or built from scratch. Or be a plot hole.
Nowhere in any trailer does it show Rey handing Finn a lightsaber. The scene you may be referring to from the second trailer shows Maz Kanata (an orange coloured alien) handing the saber to a white female, and judging from her clothes it's safe to assume it's Leia (the leaked production shots show her wearing the same clothes.)

We don't know how the lightsaber gets out of Bespin, remember we don't actually see the saber fall out of Cloud City. I think it's safe to assume it gets caught in the vents like Luke did and someone eventually finds it.

I agree that the body Rey is crying over is probably Han (with Chewie sprawled out over his lower half.) If it's not Han then it has to be Finn due to the saber battle with Kylo, but my bet's on Han, because all rumours point toward him dying at the hands of his son Kylo. I don't think it's Chewies mouth as you've suggested, it clearly looks like a jacket.

Yeah I think it's pretty safe to say that Rey is a Skywalker, I don't think there's any doubt, it's just a matter of her parentage (my bets on Luke.) Not sure why you referred to her as Padme :confused: there's nothing in common with those characters. Remember, Padme isn't a Skywalker by blood, isn't force sensitive etc. If anything Rey is a female Luke, the classic Star Wars protagonist, like you said; desert origin planet, good at fixing things and piloting - aka Luke and Anakin.

You made a point about Kylo being maskless and therefore disposable because we see his face. While I don't agree with that, I do agree that it makes him more human to the audience. I personally think he will be of Skywalker origin (Han/Leia's kid) and his story will be one of redemption, he'll eventually come to Rey's aid against the real big bad guy and other Knights of Ren in episode 8 and 9.

The main mysteries for me are who is the main bad guy in the new trilogy? I don't believe it's Kylo Ren or any of the Knights of Ren. It's got to be something that has ties to Luke because we know he'll have a big part to play in the trilogy, there will be history that connects them.

If they aren't going to go with the Plageuis route, which I think would be a shame cause I think it's a brilliant idea that links back to the whole Skywalker origin which all the movies have been about, then I would like them to raise the question of the Sith at some point. I mean afterall Luke is a Jedi, it wouldn't be unrealistic that the Sith teachings have survived. Afterall whoever does take the role of the big bad guy will need to be able to stand side by side with the Emperor as a worthy Star Wars antagonist. Otherwise it makes you wonder why Luke doesn't just go and kick all of their asses :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Nowhere in any trailer does it show Rey handing Finn a lightsaber. The scene you may be referring to from the second trailer shows Maz Kanata (an orange coloured alien) handing the saber to a white female, and judging from her clothes it's safe to assume it's Leia (the leaked production shots show her wearing the same clothes.)

We don't know how the lightsaber gets out of Bespin, remember we don't actually see the saber fall out of Cloud City. I think it's safe to assume it gets caught in the vents like Luke did and someone eventually finds it.

I agree that the body Rey is crying over is probably Han (with Chewie sprawled out over his lower half.) If it's not Han then it has to be Finn due to the saber battle with Kylo, but my bet's on Han, because all rumours point toward him dying at the hands of his son Kylo. I don't think it's Chewies mouth as you've suggested, it clearly looks like a jacket.

Yeah I think it's pretty safe to say that Rey is a Skywalker, I don't think there's any doubt, it's just a matter of her parentage (my bets on Luke.) Not sure why you referred to her as Padme :confused: there's nothing in common with those characters. Remember, Padme isn't a Skywalker by blood, isn't force sensitive etc. If anything Rey is a female Luke, the classic Star Wars protagonist, like you said; desert origin planet, good at fixing things and piloting - aka Luke and Anakin.

You made a point about Kylo being maskless and therefore disposable because we see his face. While I don't agree with that, I do agree that it makes him more human to the audience. I personally think he will be of Skywalker origin (Han/Leia's kid) and his story will be one of redemption, he'll eventually come to Rey's aid against the real big bad guy and other Knights of Ren in episode 8 and 9.

The main mysteries for me are who is the main bad guy in the new trilogy? I don't believe it's Kylo Ren or any of the Knights of Ren. It's got to be something that has ties to Luke because we know he'll have a big part to play in the trilogy, there will be history that connects them.

If they aren't going to go with the Plageuis route, which I think would be a shame cause I think it's a brilliant idea that links back to the whole Skywalker origin which all the movies have been about, then I would like them to raise the question of the Sith at some point. I mean afterall Luke is a Jedi, it wouldn't be unrealistic that the Sith teachings have survived. Afterall whoever does take the role of the big bad guy will need to be able to stand side by side with the Emperor as a worthy Star Wars antagonist. Otherwise it makes you wonder why Luke doesn't just go and kick all of their asses :p

The main bad guy will be Snoke, surely? We haven't seen him in any trailers or posters, but we know he's the leader of the First Order. They're keeping him secret because (maybe) it's somebody we've seen before - or because the way he looks will give something major away.

Caporegime
Am going to the Glasgow IMAX (second largest screen in the UK!) with five friends but they were all too slow to confirm so opening night was all booked up. We're going on the next night at 11:35pm. To say I'm excited is an understatement. For some reason I think it's going to be throwing down a blizzard and I won't be able to go!

Soldato
The main bad guy will be Snoke, surely? We haven't seen him in any trailers or posters, but we know he's the leader of the First Order. They're keeping him secret because (maybe) it's somebody we've seen before - or because the way he looks will give something major away.
Yeah JJ did describe Snoke as "a powerful figure on the dark side" after proclaiming Kylo is NOT a Sith. It's very specific language, and maybe I'm looking too much into it but I've just got a feeling whoever the main bad guy is will have links to Luke somehow. I think Supreme Leader Snoke will be more of a Tarkin type figure while the main trilogy bad guy will be Sith or at least be majorly linked to a historical character.

I could be completely wrong of course, but as you said, whoever or whatever the bad guy is, they're keeping it a major secret for a reason. The reason must be story or character related because there would be no reason to completely hide his appearance considering every other character has been shown to us in some fashion or other. Well, except Luke :eek:

Soldato
Booked in 3D IMAX, never been to an IMAX before.

It's only the third time I've watched a Star Wars at the cinema too! :) Quite excited.

Booked seats for 11pm on the 18th December.

Associate
well after going to the cinemas Tuesday night to see spectre only to find it was completely book out. bough back memory's of when ep1 came out so took the wise choice and pre-book my ticket for the 3d showing on the 17th :)

Soldato
I've seen a few movies in IMAX, but it doesn't appeal to me for Star Wars for some reason. Not sure why :confused: Maybe because I'm an "old school" fan of SW and want to see it on a regular screen just like the others.

Back
Top Bottom