** Star Wars Episode VII - SPOILERS WITHIN **

A lot of it is but it has it's howlers

http://io9.com/5988376/the-12-worst-things-in-the-star-wars-expanded-universe

But what do you do, just retell the same stories they've already told? Fans would just complain at any change from the source material and it's not guaranteed that it would translate well anyway.

The only two I can agree on there are the Crystal Star and the Sun Crusher all the rest are unofficial and not counted in the EU also anything under the title of Clone wars or anything set around the mistakes that were ep's 1-3 I don't count because they're not truely SW.

*facepalm*

Not just me the SW community at large considers those particular series non-canon as for the episodes that is just mine and my mates who like the Saga's opinion and as such they can be considered "canon" eventhough they don't tie into the EU books except a couple that were written after the new eps which also seem slightly out of place IMO but you can't sit there and tell me that eps 1-3 were any good for anything other than action and pretty graphics the story was poor the acting was just diabolical and Anikins fall to the darkside was just well too easy!

Caporegime
OP
Well I don't think you and your mates canon really counts, it's the creator's that count. All the films are obviously canon.

I think Episode 1, 2 and 3 have their strengths and weaknesses just as 4,5 and 6 do. Unfortunately the loudest fans were brought up with 4,5 and 6 and there is a heavy dose of nostalgia that helps mask the shortcomings.

Caporegime
OP
McGregor was excellent as Kenobi, the lightsaber sequences are very impressive. I think the locations of the universe were well realised and the differing position of the Jedi (to what Luke is initially turned into) is well represented. The general story is good (just the poor dialogue that lets it down)

McGregor was excellent as Kenobi, the lightsaber sequences are very impressive. I think the locations of the universe were well realised and the differing position of the Jedi (to what Luke is initially turned into) is well represented. The general story is good (just the poor dialogue that lets it down)

1. McGregor didn't do justice to the role his acting was blunt and cheesy.

2. As stated earlier other than CGI and Action what were the strengths lightsaber battles and environmental settings are included in this true some of it was rather impressive but...

3. the entire story seemed like it was written on the back of a napkin in a cafe the only bit of expostion you actually have that sets the scene is in the opening crawl mentioning extremely briefly the troubles of the galaxy at large then you hear **** all about any of it and go straight into oh invade planet find Anikin follow his poorly witten story add a couple of council scenes where Yoda seems to do all the talking and decision making and **** the rest of whats going on it was **** poor. there is no way in hell you can convince me there's any substance to the films at all.

Caporegime
OP
1. McGregor didn't do justice to the role his acting was blunt and cheesy.

2. As stated earlier other than CGI and Action what were the strengths lightsaber battles and environmental settings are included in this true some of it was rather impressive but...

3. the entire story seemed like it was written on the back of a napkin in a cafe the only bit of expostion you actually have that sets the scene is in the opening crawl mentioning extremely briefly the troubles of the galaxy at large then you hear **** all about any of it and go straight into oh invade planet find Anikin follow his poorly witten story add a couple of council scenes where Yoda seems to do all the talking and decision making and **** the rest of whats going on it was **** poor. there is no way in hell you can convince me there's any substance to the films at all.

Ok, I'm going to write this very clearly.

Opinion

You can't tell me what I can and can't like, you seem to have got that internet guy thing where you think your opinion is fact and everyone else is wrong :rolleyes:

Soldato
I thought McGregor was easily the best part of the trilogy, in 2 and 3 he's fantastic as Obi-Wan, his young Phantom Menace version is meant to be cheerful and Cheesy as he's a Padawan, he's eager and optimistic.

I never found the CGI to be at fault either, you have to remember when it was created. It's still probably far better in comparison to a lot of today's drivel CGI.

Overall, what's done is done, and you can sit here and debate the shortcomings over the entire saga,but it means absolutely nothing towards the future films as Lucas is no longer in charge, Disney are and from what they be created for the most part with their Marvel franchise, it's safe to say, very much worth stepping back and letting them try.

Soldato
Lets not forget, there's a lot less CGI in the prequels then you might think! There a suprising amount of model work, have the pictures to prove it.

Back
Top Bottom