Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (fallen order sequel)

Associate
PLaying this at 1440p on my 5800x3d, 32gb ddr4 ram and 3060ti.

Just left the first planet and it ran between 60-70fps, no real issues to report which is a nice surprise. Guess i am one of the lucky ones!

Last edited:
Soldato
I forgot to add before actually but my only genuine gripe (apart from low framerates/dips) - knowing where to go!

I feel like it's a pretty bad UI for working out what to do/where to go. I've got used to it now so I understand it a lot more, but it's not really clear, a few times I've gone the wrong way in the main story or one of the side quests and ended up having to pretty much go through the entire place again to get to the 'scripted' exit.

Associate
I forgot to add before actually but my only genuine gripe (apart from low framerates/dips) - knowing where to go!

I feel like it's a pretty bad UI for working out what to do/where to go. I've got used to it now so I understand it a lot more, but it's not really clear, a few times I've gone the wrong way in the main story or one of the side quests and ended up having to pretty much go through the entire place again to get to the 'scripted' exit.
Yeah, this x 1000. There was a part on Koboh where I thought I was doing a main story only to realise I’d stumbled across a side quest and had spent 40 minutes getting lost and very invested in bridges and balls.

Soldato

There's a navigation aid in the game options (which is visible on your map when enabled), I have to say I'm not ashamed for using it.

Caporegime
Played for another three hours this evening. Maybe saw one or two stutters and gameplay was smooth and hassle free again. I streamed on the UCUK Discord for that time too. CPU Usage was all over the place though with some cores hardly even hitting double figures for usage whereas others were very high. Never ran out of VRAM, but Usage was pretty much always over 9GB and it was using up to 20GB of System Ram.

Again I'd like some more FPS, sure, but I can't be too unhappy about it as it's smooth and consistent. Tried turning off the EA monitoring thing and it didn't make a blind bit of difference, FPS always seemed to hover between 55 & 60 FPS with a very occasional drop below this, but only very briefly. Noo sound issues either.

Associate
I have had a quick go of it. I have only just started to play it but I like the look of it and even if the combat hasn't really improved over the original I still like it. In regards to performance I have seen other people getting not so good performance and it having negative reviews due to it but for the most part it has been quite okay for me.

I think I prefer this style of game in the star wars setting as I liked the first one and I loved Force unleashed series as well.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
ARE THEY ****** SORRY?!?!

Edit*
I am probably going to uninstall and call it a day with this game. It's clear EA's stance is "CBA" and any apology is merely for public face saving. The fact that Fallen Order launched with the same issues, and now this is worse means they learned nothing.

I’ll give you a fiver + a hug for your EA Play Pro sub? :p:cry:

Associate
ARE THEY ****** SORRY?!?!

Edit*
I am probably going to uninstall and call it a day with this game. It's clear EA's stance is "CBA" and any apology is merely for public face saving. The fact that Fallen Order launched with the same issues, and now this is worse means they learned nothing.
Seems you have your next article, the state of current PC gaming and the history of poor releases. :D

Back
Top Bottom