Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (fallen order sequel)

Soldato
Well I finished Fallen Order last night. Satisfying game, Merrin was a pleasant surprise and was easily the best character in fallen order.

Fired up Survivor this morning just to see what I was working with. Going by horror stories in here I expected to be hugely disappointed by performance and controls.
Granted there has clearly been an update that has helped. A comfortable 50-65 FPS in Coruscant RT on, mix of epic/high setting 3440x1440. Seen it dip down to as low as 45 at times, but thats as low as I've seen it and although noticable it is not at all unplayable. In-game controls are very much the same feel as Fallen Order, and I can happily play on KB/M. Again it can be a bit clunky at times but its entirely playable and not anywhere near what the doomsayers on here alluded to.
I'm sure it would have been a chug fest on my old setup, the 1080 would have suffered. Surprised given the reports how comfortably the 3070 copes. I'm glad I upgraded to 32gb ram, I'm seeing 16-18gb usage. CPU is barely even getting tickled with just around 20-40% utilisation on average.

Associate
Well I finished Fallen Order last night. Satisfying game, Merrin was a pleasant surprise and was easily the best character in fallen order.

Fired up Survivor this morning just to see what I was working with. Going by horror stories in here I expected to be hugely disappointed by performance and controls.
Granted there has clearly been an update that has helped. A comfortable 50-65 FPS in Coruscant RT on, mix of epic/high setting 3440x1440. Seen it dip down to as low as 45 at times, but thats as low as I've seen it and although noticable it is not at all unplayable. In-game controls are very much the same feel as Fallen Order, and I can happily play on KB/M. Again it can be a bit clunky at times but its entirely playable and not anywhere near what the doomsayers on here alluded to.
I'm sure it would have been a chug fest on my old setup, the 1080 would have suffered. Surprised given the reports how comfortably the 3070 copes. I'm glad I upgraded to 32gb ram, I'm seeing 16-18gb usage. CPU is barely even getting tickled with just around 20-40% utilisation on average.
The problem is the game was dipping to low 40s on 7800X3D and 4090 on high settings and you would expect more from top end hardware.

Soldato
waited until this latest patch to have a go. When i opened it and the developer splash screen was barely 3fps I thought I was going to be in for a bumpy ride but it's been relatively plain sailing. A couple of stutters when moving between zones and the (first boss fight) XXXXX sister fight skipped the cutscenes for some reason, but fortunately I very skillfully died and they played the second time. Playing with settings mostly on high and some on Ultra, 1440p, RT off, FSR quality, getting 83.7fps average on a Ryzen 3600, 32gb 3600 ram, RX6800XT. Have just left the first planet which I understand to be the worst, performance wise.

game wise - i haven't played Jedi Fallen Order for a while but this feels like a step-up in pace and it makes it feel a bit more.. janky maybe? I'm not insanely impressed with the presentation tbh, Fallen Order felt more polished to me but then I played it a long time after release. The image doesn't seem that sharp in comparisson. The game's good so far though

Last edited:
Caporegime

Also glad I went for 32GB on my system refresh at the beginning of last year. I've seen nearly 20GB of system ram usage.

Soldato
i'm sure in fallen order if you sprinted with your dual blade sabre it would deflect blaster bolts, but it doesn't seem to work in this. Am i missing a skill somewhere?

Soldato
Pumped all my early skills into survival and it’s made the game very easy indeed. Especially combined with the early health boosts and extra stims. Well worth exploring.

Same here, I had seven stims by the time I got to the 3rd planet. I am playing on normal but if I start getting frustrated by a boss I am happy to lower difficulty. My days of spending hours to beat a level or boss on the highest difficulty as if it was some sort of achievement, are long behind me.

Soldato
18 hours in and still enjoying it so far tbh, I didn't see any performance increases with the patch but then I'm running with RTX on so that's probably why - ironically in fact I went into a cutscene and my FPS halved to around 30, any lower and it may as well have just been a 24fps film lol.

Associate
Pumped all my early skills into survival and it’s made the game very easy indeed. Especially combined with the early health boosts and extra stims. Well worth exploring.
Currently my entire point focus has been on lightsaber skills and zero on the force or survival and I'm starting to think I made a bad call.

I'm essentially a glass cannon...

Associate
I'm around 14 hours in sticking to the main story line at the moment, have dabbled in a few side quests but I'm enjoying the main story so much that I feel like I don't want to get side-tracked.

I don't really want to post any spoilers or anything of the like here but the game has been really enjoyable so far.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom