Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (fallen order sequel)

Caporegime
Zero crashes here with and without RT. I only turn RT on when there is water about though :p

Game is relatively smooth overall too especially since doing the video tips mrk linked, obviously traversal stutters are still there.

Last edited:
Soldato
Did i see Skoova Steve's vessel as you exit on the other side of the abyss or was i seeing things?! need to revisit there to see if it was him or something else! you do find him in some interesting places!

If only you could get a jet pack/drop ship in this game! kinda frustrating how characters just appear at the end of level that you've just spent ages getting to!

properly enjoyed this, ~£15 or so well spent for a months access to EA, the only really annoying performance issues i had was on Koboh and the transitions to scripted elements, and let me use that dark power more that was brutal! :D

Soldato
Zero crashes here with and without RT. I only turn RT on when there is water about though :p

Game is relatively smooth overall too especially since doing the video tips mrk linked, obviously traversal stutters are still there.

I've played 35 hours now, nearly at the end and no crashes. The only actual issue I've had is the occasional stutter when entering a new area and in one of the maps there are a couple corridors where when entering them some of the assets glitch out for a couple seconds.

Here is the notes for a new patch coming soon

• (PC only) Updated occlusion behavior for raytracing, reducing idle time.
  • (PC only) Updated streaming budgets, alleviates traversal hitching.
  • (PC only) Performance improvements for some visual effects.
  • (PC only) Updated data handling when toggling raytracing.
  • Fixed various save state errors.
  • Fixed a streaming issue that causes some streaming scenarios to end on a black screen.
  • Fixed an issue where one of the vents did not properly activate in Stone Spires.
  • Audio fix for a narrative moment where music was behaving incorrectly.
  • Fixed lightsaber marks not displaying correctly in some scenarios.
  • Fixed a scenario where the player could enter a progression blocked state in the Lucrehulk.
  • Fixed an elevator to prevent the player from falling through it and entering a progression blocked state.
  • Fixed a bug where Rayvis would become unbeatable.
  • Fixed a severe animation issue that would break a late game narrative sequence.
  • Fixed a collision bug where players can get stuck inside a Meditation Chamber.
  • Added a note explaining that some of BD-1's abilities are not available while in combat.
  • Improved text scrolling.
  • Minor text translation fixes.

More issues still need fixing; these will be resolved in the next patch (no ETA)
  • (PC only) Improving performance on newer i7 and i9 CPUs.
  • (PC only) General performance improvements to improve both CPU and GPU utilization by reducing idle time.
  • (PC only) Improving some hitching which can be attributed to streaming raytracing data, assets, and gaps in our pre compiled shader cache.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Had a go on Jedha, performance seems no different, the CTD with ray tracing enabled seems no different, or also noticed this:

bGUjP8U.gif

Great patch!

Soldato
So any feedback on the latest patch from yesterday? Hold off from buying this game as I don’t want to be sitting there raging over stuttering gaming experiences.

3070 with 5800X and 1080p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Absolutely loving this game, it’s a shame about performance, because it’s one of the best Star Wars games we’ve gotten. It reminds me so much of the Jedi Knight series, but a modern much better version. At least patches seem to be improving things.

Associate
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - 7.5/10

I finished this one just now. I won't go into performance as it's well known and though I don't condone releasing a game in this state I'm going to stick to the game itself.

For the most part I enjoyed my time with it. The combat was fun and I appreciated having more of it in this game. I mostly stuck to my trusted single blade and an over reliance on lift + push to get myself through some of the more difficult encounters. I played on Jedi Knight difficulty which I felt it struck a good balance for me.

The story and characters were interesting enough though it's certainly no KOTOR. The further I got the more I wished for a KOTOR remake or a third game in the series. It was enough to pull me through however and I'll make the most with what we have here.

Gameplay wise this was a solid effort I felt. The platforming was better hidden in with the environment which was a major gripe with me from the first game. I did however feel like there was far too much of it, to the point where I wonder if it was used as padding in replacement of open world busy work.

All in all I thought it was pretty good. Certainly the best Star Wars game we've had in a while.

Back
Top Bottom