Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (fallen order sequel)

Soldato
Had a few crashes which prevented me from even getting into the game - quick AMD driver reinstall sorted that - followed by a hard crash once I got off Coruscant. Will give it a few more hours tonight.

Enjoying it so far. Lightsaber damage seems a little stronger than the first game and Cal moves a little more fluidly which is a positive.

Associate
Been impressed with the game this far, I've not witnessed any major problems Looked at the graphics settings today and turns out it automatically put on and fsr 2, which impressed me a bit because the images are clear and no tearing artefacting etc

Soldato
Been impressed with the game this far, I've not witnessed any major problems Looked at the graphics settings today and turns out it automatically put on and fsr 2, which impressed me a bit because the images are clear and no tearing artefacting etc
You kidding? Don't get me wrong, I think the noise about the performance is a bit too loud, but look around Cal when he moves. Or zoom in on his face. The compression and artifacting is pretty blatant. It's quite blurry etc..

Out of interest, what res are you playing at?

Soldato
You kidding? Don't get me wrong, I think the noise about the performance is a bit too loud, but look around Cal when he moves. Or zoom in on his face. The compression and artifacting is pretty blatant. It's quite blurry etc..

Although I'm playing on console it was quite hard to use the photo mode at times because you end up with these weird textures / artefacts or textures not loading in properly.

Soldato
you can definitely see the FSR blur noticeably when you zoom about
otherwise I didn't notice any issues really

had 2 crashes in 70 hours of playing

eventually ended up (after patches) everything maxed out 1440p inc ray tracing and FSR on quality with about 60 fps average (11600k+6800) so playable on my not terrible hardware, but disappointing that frame rate is half of the first game (and with a faster cpu and gpu than i had in 2019!)
only really very sluggish bit seems to be in Pyloons, especially the basement area, where it chugs more than a frat party keg stand

the game itself its pretty good, looks and plays better than the first one, but preferred the story of the first one

bit where you play as Cere was awesome, although they made Vader less scary than the first game which was a shame
dark side mechanic was cool and fits with how its "easier"
really liked how it felt like a more actiony / light version of a KOTOR game
NPC's / side quests really helped with that
felt a little disappointed when realised most of the action is really just Koboh and Jeddah, with most other locations pretty small
also disappointed that menu screen shows off jedi temple and that we get coruscant as a location but that we don't even visit the surface at all let alone the temple
climbing pretty quickly turns into "double jump + zoom + use grapple + wall run" all the time which gets a bit repetitive

Rick made me proper LOL
Rodger Rodger B1 droids chatting are also lol

definitely a good sequel to the first, hope a third one finishes it off

Last edited:
Associate

Honestly not noticed it.

Playing at 1440p,

I'll switch it off later and see if it looks different and whether it performs any different

Associate
you can definitely see the FSR blur noticeably when you zoom about
otherwise I didn't notice any issues really

had 2 crashes in 70 hours of playing

eventually ended up (after patches) everything maxed out 1440p inc ray tracing and FSR on quality with about 60 fps average (11600k+6800) so playable on my not terrible hardware, but disappointing that frame rate is half of the first game (and with a faster cpu and gpu than i had in 2019!)
only really very sluggish bit seems to be in Pyloons, especially the basement area, where it chugs more than a frat party keg stand

the game itself its pretty good, looks and plays better than the first one, but preferred the story of the first one

bit where you play as Cere was awesome, although they made Vader less scary than the first game which was a shame
dark side mechanic was cool and fits with how its "easier"
really liked how it felt like a more actiony / light version of a KOTOR game
NPC's / side quests really helped with that
felt a little disappointed when realised most of the action is really just Koboh and Jeddah, with most other locations pretty small
also disappointed that menu screen shows off jedi temple and that we get coruscant as a location but that we don't even visit the surface at all let alone the temple
climbing pretty quickly turns into "double jump + zoom + use grapple + wall run" all the time which gets a bit repetitive

Rick made me proper LOL
Rodger Rodger B1 droids chatting are also lol

definitely a good sequel to the first, hope a third one finishes it off

I'm on 7700x and 6800xt, so Its good to know if I turn off fsr it won't chug

Caporegime
Yeah the motion artifacts are extremely bad with FSR but hey, it's free! :cry: :o

lV6aNMB.png

lV6aNMB.png

Even worse and more noticeable in motion.

Thankfully the last patch improved the frame time smoothness/consistency with RT on (at least on my end) and only had 1 crash in my entire play through so I could persevere with FSR in the end as I only had EA pro for the month so didn't want to wait for any more patches.

Good game on the whole, pretty much the same game as last one but just some improved mechanics, overall nothing special imo + the visuals didn't blow me away.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom