Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (fallen order sequel)

Soldato
new patch out yesterday i think:

Patch 5 Details

Here are the fixes you can expect with this patch:

• (PC only) Improved content caching to reduce hitching.
  • (PC only) Improved thread handling when raytracing is turned off.
  • (PC only)Fix for an issue where lowering the PC visual settings would incorrectly lower your resolution scale if FSR is disabled.
    • Note: if you previously disabled FSR and are playing on a lower visual quality, you may want to readjust your quality settings.
  • (PC only) Fix for a reset button not responding on PC when using both controller and keyboard.
  • Various performance fixes.
  • Stability improvements.
  • More robust detection of pre-order and deluxe content in-game, preventing players from only randomly having access to the content.
  • Various collision and navigation improvements to prevent issues where characters get stuck out of bounds.
  • Fixed an issue where Drya Thornne would become invincible.
  • Music-related fixes.
  • Fixed an issue where Bode wouldn’t grab the senator during some New Game+ playthroughs.
  • Fix for a bug where the Skriton wouldn’t appear correctly.
  • Fix for Dagan not appearing correctly in a cinematic.
  • Fixed some rare instances of players being unable to progress further in the game even after reloading.
  • Fix for a bug where the Gorocco would disappear mid-combat.
  • Fix for an issue where Cal would get stuck in a specific Blaster state if dying while in it.
  • Fix for a bug where BD-1 wouldn’t be able to open a door.
  • Fix for void tear interactions not working correctly.
  • Fix for trying to load corrupt save games sometimes leaving you in the main menu. It will now correctly attempt to load your backup save.
  • Improved UX for Koboh matter turrets that players were previously unable to exit out of.
  • Fix for the Rancor and the Wampa not correctly leaving Cal's XP behind when he respawns.
  • Fix for a bug where the Skills menu wouldn't correctly close.
  • Improved sync for sound during one of the cinematics.
  • Fix for the environment not loading correctly on Koboh after Cal respawns.

Work is continuing on improving your overall experience with Star Wars Jedi: Survivor. Thank you for your patience and support, be on the lookout for future patches across all platforms and let us know if you run into any further issues.

will give it a whirl and see if there are any improvements.

/edit early impressions are that performance is improved! I won't really know for sure until I get back to Koboh

Last edited:
Caporegime
Patch out now (EA play version)

Will give a go out of curiosity from performance POV but I've completed it so won't be playing much more.

EDIT:

Perf. still meh just as pointed out in video and FSR still ****.

Uninstall time :p

Last edited:
Soldato
First crash today, on jedha. oh dear. Not sure performance is any better on koboh but it feels smoother on jedha at least

Last edited:
Caporegime
Patch out now (EA play version)

Will give a go out of curiosity from performance POV but I've completed it so won't be playing much more.

EDIT:

Perf. still meh just as pointed out in video and FSR still ****.

Uninstall time :p
I've got to say, mine definitely has much less traversal stutter. I opened it earlier and played for an hour on Koboh, hoovering up some collectables and it was better.

Associate
I find that pressing 'R' to bring up BD's targetting tends to fail. It's a bit annoying, so save often. Re-mapping in the game will do nothing. Not really a problem, but still :rolleyes:

Soldato
Huge bug with the bounties being completely unavailable since the last patch, entire questline just gone, because Caij just does not initiate the required dialogue. The bug is widespread and seems to affect many people, if not everyone.

This game is just unfinished.

Man of Honour
I’ve gone back to Fallen Order. I’ve forgotten so much about the story. Performance aside, the gameplay and pretty much everything about Survivor is so much better. That said, I’m still hooked on Fallen Order. It’s like playing a different game this time round on an OLED.

Soldato
Huge bug with the bounties being completely unavailable since the last patch, entire questline just gone, because Caij just does not initiate the required dialogue. The bug is widespread and seems to affect many people, if not everyone.

This game is just unfinished.

Again, this is why I rarely buy games on release, and instead will wait a few months or so.

Its become the industry norm to release buggy, unfinished, unoptimised, and untested games.

They view their customers as unpaid alpha/beta testers, and it's about time publishers were held accountable.

Until they are, these practices will continue ad infinitum.

Caporegime
Again, this is why I rarely buy games on release, and instead will wait a few months or so.

Its become the industry norm to release buggy, unfinished, unoptimised, and untested games.

They view their customers as unpaid alpha/beta testers, and it's about time publishers were held accountable.

Until they are, these practices will continue ad infinitum.

But but but it's nvidias fault for not providing enough vram!!!!

:p ;) :D

Definitely is the way to play games these days though.

Soldato
PC gamers are an afterthought in general. I say we form a support group.
I disagree with this. Case in point Jedi Survivor, it runs even worse on consoles and the bugs are there too. Most of the so called "bad PC ports" are usually just as bad on consoles (Gotham Knights, Callisto..). Plus PC versions do require more work to support all kinds of options, and more QA testing.

I do too, but sometimes I look forward to a game and want to play it when I can, you know?
Especially when I can get it for 7.5 euros, like Jedi.
And to be fair, this year I played at release Atomic Heart, Resident Evil 4, Dead Island 2 and Jedi.

Jedi is the only one with technical issues.

Soldato
Patch 5 appears to have introduced a bug which prevents you getting bounties if you were not already past that point in the game.

Continue to get Access Violation errors. Played for 29 hours and have only exited the game through the menu once...

Caporegime
I patched the game and got two more bounties from Caij, but even though she still had things to purchase she stopped giving me any more bounties.

The main thing that happened in the meantime was I completed the campaign.

Soldato
I patched the game and got two more bounties from Caij, but even though she still had things to purchase she stopped giving me any more bounties.

The main thing that happened in the meantime was I completed the campaign.
Definitely a bug, I did the bounties after the campaign.

Soldato
This is probably the most disgracefully buggy game that I've ever attempted to play. I even have to load a save file from a new game on Coruscant before loading my main save on Koboh in order for it to reliably not crash and the performance is shocking unless you've got an ultra high end CPU and GPU and even then it's not good. I am letting my EA Play Pro subscription expire and will only return if and when it's in a state I would deem acceptable.

Last edited:
Soldato
This is probably the most disgracefully buggy game that I've ever attempted to play. I even have to load a save file from a new game on Coruscant before loading my main save on Koboh in order for it to reliably not crash and the performance is shocking unless you've got an ultra high end CPU and GPU and even then it's not good. I am letting my EA Play Pro subscription expire and will only return if and when it's in a state I would deem acceptable.
You're not kidding. Installed it on a brand new system and one I get to "Start new journey" nothing. Click it, press select and nothing. Can't even get into the game! Never had that happen before :confused:
Edit: I think I've found the issue, apparently you have to hold space rather than tap it to start, who thought that was a good idea?! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom