**Star Wars Outlaws Open World Star Wars game from Massive Entertainment**

But you are doing exactly the same thing about CP 2077. The fact you and the majority liked it is the hypocrisy I refer to. Terrible AI, terrible story, terrible world. All very average at best.

Outlaws is another generic average game and I am not defending it, rather I am saying it’s no worse a release than some of the much lauded GOTY games of the past.

I’m enjoying the game and in places it looks stunning. Yet navigating crawl spaces looks a bit crap which is just lazy from the devs.

One of my only gripes with the game is one that MRK just mentioned. I spend 5 mins sneaking about clearing an area undetected and then discover a better gun than my blaster. I pick it up and navigate to the next part of my route and typically it involves a ladder or crawl space and wham, the weapon is gone. Annoying!

Have to say I’m not feeling the hate for the game though. I think it’s pretty good!

I’m enjoying the game and in places it looks stunning. Yet navigating crawl spaces looks a bit crap which is just lazy from the devs.

One of my only gripes with the game is one that MRK just mentioned. I spend 5 mins sneaking about clearing an area undetected and then discover a better gun than my blaster. I pick it up and navigate to the next part of my route and typically it involves a ladder or crawl space and wham, the weapon is gone. Annoying!

Have to say I’m not feeling the hate for the game though. I think it’s pretty good!

Well, it does deserve some criticism for Ubisoft but that’s par for the course for them ;)

Last edited:
And opinions can be wrong too, especially when they seem isolated against the wider majority, both amateur and professional, not just echo chambers like the dedicated subreddit for either game.

Meanwhile, jumping the speeder is actually kinda fun:

aOpXUfi.gif

Seen fps drops to 37fps simply turning the camera outdoors a lot now, then back up to 80-90. The patch 1.1 needs to release sooner rather than later...

Last edited:
Yep agreed anyone who thinks CP 2077 is good and was “fixed” can believe that. They are of course wrong ;)

I remember the same kind of videos doing the rounds comparing the laughably bad physics in CP2077 to GTA 5. Does that make me right and you wrong?

Your pointless videos don’t prove what you think they prove, I can easily post similar for CP2077. Majority does not equate to right. The point being it’s OK to like a game even if the majority think it sucks, but when that same majority wilfully point out flaws while ignoring them in other games they think are amazing.

Well that is the hypocrisy I was pointing out earlier in the thread.

Last edited:
Yep agreed anyone who thinks CP 2077 is good and was “fixed” can believe that. They are of course wrong ;)

I remember the same kind of videos doing the rounds comparing the laughably bad physics in CP2077 to GTA 5. Does that make me right and you wrong?

Your pointless videos don’t prove what you think they prove, I can easily post similar for CP2077. Majority does not equate to right. The point being it’s OK to like a game even if the majority think it sucks, but when that same majority wilfully point out flaws while ignoring them in other games they think are amazing.

Well that is the hypocrisy I was pointing out earlier in the thread.

That video is from 2021, it is not even remotely close to that now.

I know, that’s my point. Going out of the way to find such faults can be done on any game.

The AI sucks. Well it also sucks on pretty much every other game.

The physics suck. Well it sucks on similar games that seem to get a bye ball.

Etc

Last edited:
Well looks like the PS5 bug also affects the PC.......................

I am affected and I've done countless hours of exploration and Sabacc gaming which is actually kinda neat *(unlike GWENT in Witcher 3 which annoyed me endlessly).

I really can't be bothered to lose several hours of stuff at this rate so may well just draw the line at this and likely never buy a Ubisoft game again because they are simply incompetent.

Well looks like the PS5 bug also affects the PC.......................

I am affected and I've done countless hours of exploration and Sabacc gaming which is actually kinda neat *(unlike GWENT in Witcher 3 which annoyed me endlessly).

I really can't be bothered to lose several hours of stuff at this rate so may well just draw the line at this and likely never buy a Ubisoft game again because they are simply incompetent.

That would be the final straw for me as well. I empathise and validate your anger :D

Thanks for the heads up. I just completed the injectors part after doing some side quests and thankfully did not break my progress.

The game is not compelling or engrossing enough to redo 6 hours of it. This bug also forces people to play the main campaign to get it out of the way, which ironically means they have no reason to keep playing once done. Ubisoft do themselves no favours but you can bet they’ll just keep churning out mediocre games with poor QC.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrk
No one should ever be buying a Ubisoft game near release.
Sucks that their incompetence has also spread to the PC version. :(

True, absolutely no way this is worth full price. I thought I would give it a go on Ubisoft + for one month. You take out the subscription for one month and once paid for it lasts until you cancel it. Just cancel it instantly and it won’t auto renew, you get for the rest of the month period.

£17 for one month and that should be enough for me to finish, or give up :)

Last edited:
I've uninstalled it and got a £9.99 refund as found out Ubisoft have a 14 day no questions asked right to cancel policy where they give you a partial refund based on play time.
Now, I don't know exactly how long I played Outlaws for, I assumed I was 15 hours in but Ubisoft Connect does not show you the play time all whilst a game is installed it seems which is quite frankly stupid in itself.

However, cancelling your sub and uninstalling a game DOES show you the play time, lol?

uszKi77.png

Anyway the whole misadventure cost me £5 which I am OK with, it's a slap in the face tax to remind me never to pay Ubisoft again as they can't do AAA right, sorry I mean AAAA lol.

Well I gave it a try, as a fan of Star Wars I guess the 14 hours I have played was worth £5, but it seems my review of it was once again bang on given this outcome :cry:

Back
Top Bottom