**Star Wars Outlaws Open World Star Wars game from Massive Entertainment**

It’s always been the way. Back in the day I would buy Spectrum games based on the blurb on the back of the cassette box :D

Fun times

I'm 10 hours in or so and quite enjoying it, however it does nothing well and if I encounter the bug then i will be getting a refund for ubisoft+, its certainly not worth going back over it all again, but for now I will persevere with it, not got much else to play at the moment.
The biggest gripe is the map, lack of mini map and the amount of random ilogical stuff you need to upgrade things. Oh and the speeder angle is whack and it fights you all the time to return back to the angle.
Yeah it's no blockbuster....

My good god!
Some on here moan that others complain about a game without actually playing it, but looking at some of the gutter trash gameplay, I’d say we’re the sensible ones for not “actually” playing it.
Obviously they cherry pick the worst the game has to offer, but those are some pretty inexcusable things for a 2024 AAA (or is this a AAAA like Skull & Bones) game

Despite some janky gameplay I'm enjoying it. They've absolutely nailed the Star Wars 'feel'.

One in a while I do get a mission that gives off a very nice Star Wars vibe to it, some nice cinematic moments. But they are rare among all the generic fetch quests.

It is as you say, janky and bland and then the odd good moment thrown in. I have started to appreciate how nice it is graphically with all the little details.

The card game is strangely addictive but I have to say, I’ve not stumbled across a single glitch yet and I’ve put about 15 hours into the game so far.

But then I’ve perhaps been playing the game the way it’s meant to be played rather than circling and purposely crashing into things to try and glitch into the floor like some videos I’ve seen.

My biggest gripe with the entire game so far is simply that you can’t carry additional weapons beyond a ladder or crawl space. How that slipped through testing and no-one queried it, I’ll never know. Unless it was by design and I can’t see the logic in that TBH.

It’s not GOTY material I agree, but it’s pretty good. The SW theme has elevated the standard Ubi generic game into something a bit better. However, if I wasn’t a SW fan then it might not have been enough for me. Fortunately for me though I am and it’s scratching my SW itch nicely for now.

It would have fared better if the stealth mechanic and some of the generic quests were improved.

I do still think that some people going out of their way to find issues so they can point and laugh, like the speeder physics, or the AI is nonsensical. The exact same crap plagues every game if you look hard enough. So saying “it’s crap because physics” while wilfully ignoring the same problems in (insert favourite game here), is hypocritical.

It’s fine to knock points off for these flaws, as long as you apply the same criteria and metrics to other games.

The problem with Outlaws is the good parts tend to be fleeting. Hence the overall mediocre score would give it personally.

Last edited:
My biggest gripe with the entire game so far is simply that you can’t carry additional weapons beyond a ladder or crawl space. How that slipped through testing and no-one queried it, I’ll never know. Unless it was by design and I can’t see the logic in that TBH.
100% by design. You can't holster or stow the additional weapons, and you can't climb ladders etc with a weapon in your hands. Makes logical sense, and gives designers the ability to gate areas that won't have heavy weapons in.

The only Star Wars game that has ever come close to capturing the "feel" of the universe, was pre-NGE Galaxies. Imo....

Back
Top Bottom