**Star Wars Outlaws Open World Star Wars game from Massive Entertainment**

There are glitches but they happen in most games. In fact I encountered very few glitches in my play through. The issue for me is the inconsistency in gameplay design. For every enjoyable moment, there are so many poor design choices that just render the rare high points ultimately not worth preserving for.

The caught mechanic, for example is super cheesy. Or the way you are tasked to do something with almost no explanation of what it is. For example a reputation side mission that tasks you to steal some cargo floating in space. You get to the waypoint inside a derelict spaceship hulk and suddenly a timer starts saying you have XX seconds to shoot the containers and tractor beam up all the cargo. But the containers are scattered among some weird space creatures that explode when hit and trigger a 5 or 6 second EMP effect that freezes your spaceship.

There are many examples of these poor design choices.

Queue an endless slew of mission failed” triggers and you lose a fair chunk of reputation. Not because you messed up but because the AI, or some super janky game mechanic or design choice shafts you.

It ultimately became more of a chore than enjoyable.

Last edited:
With a shotgun?
Why not?

Arbitrary limitation on weapons, weapons customization and ammo and so forth is just dumb. Very popular, very dumb. Is still the same gameplay mechanics from a time computers were slower than a phone is today. Lazy development / coding, no way around it.

LE: just go full mental

Last edited:
2.03GB patch available on Ubisoft connect.

New Feature

• Cross-progression and saving is now available between all platforms through Ubisoft Connect. More info on this here.
Performance & Stability

• Various crash fixes and stability improvements across all platforms.
  • PC performance improvements and optimization across the game.
  • Improvement for FPS drops during some scenes.
  • VRAM Improvement.
  • Higher graphic fidelity when using ray reconstruction and frame generation technologies.
UI, HUD and Settings

• Game version will now be visible from the settings.
  • Quality mode will be set as default on console.
  • Corrected default settings for motion blur on quality mode for consoles.
  • HDR Brightness values have been modified.
Graphics

• Various graphics and lighting fixes.
  • All cinematics now supported on ultra-wide screens.
Audio

• Fix for potential music loss when fast-travelling in Toshara.
Worlds, Fauna and Flora

• Many additional idle animations for NPC have been added across all planets.
  • Fixed an issue where the Imperial Speeder Bike 74-z would be missing a part.
General Gameplay

• It is now less likely to be detected while rolling.
  • Level of detection adjusted depending on location.
MAIN & SIDE QUESTS__ (beware of spoilers)__

Toshara

• Fixed the issue where the energy barrier in Kerro's Speakeasy would not be disabled after successfully slicing the terminal.
  • "The Underworld" - NPC numbers have been adjusted and environmental guidance markers added to better facilitate infiltration.
  • "The Mechanics"- Fixed the issue where Kay would spawn outside the quest area if she died inside the wind turbine.
  • "The Wreck" - AI detection has been adjusted.
  • "Hyperspace" - Fixed the issue where no prompt was shown to take off.
Tatooine

• "Partners" - Fixed the issue where Kay would not gain wanted levels on other planets when reaching the objective "Meet with Hoss in the cantina".
Akiva

• "The Veteran" - Fixed the issue where "reporting to the droid" objective would not update after reporting back to MT-7.
Miscellaneous

• "Old School Cool" trophy can now be unlocked for PlayStation 5 players.
  • Inverting one axis in the controls menu will no longer invert the other one in Photo mode.
  • Nix accessories and treats can now be checked in the loadout menu while Kay Vess is piloting the Trailblazer.

Would people say this or Jedi Survivor is better ? I know they are a bit different but i fancy a new game tomorrow and i am either gonna start playing this or Jedi Survivor!

Would people say this or Jedi Survivor is better ? I know they are a bit different but i fancy a new game tomorrow and i am either gonna start playing this or Jedi Survivor!
I would say it depends on what kind of experience you want. If you're looking for action packed story driven then go for Jedi Survivor. If you want something more chilled where you can take your time and get immersed in the Star Wars setting then go for Outlaws.

I would say it depends on what kind of experience you want. If you're looking for action packed story driven then go for Jedi Survivor. If you want something more chilled where you can take your time and get immersed in the Star Wars setting then go for Outlaws.
Thank you mate :D

I've been playing this a bit over the last few days.

Such a weird game. The stealth reminds me of 'Alpha Protocol' from 14 years ago, anyone remember that?

One thing I find laughable is that all the cartels keep exactly 5000 credits in their heavily protected vault that has 3 key cards to access...bearing in mind a meal at a street vendor is 200 credits, that's about the equivalent of £500 :cry:

I've been playing this a bit over the last few days.

Such a weird game. The stealth reminds me of 'Alpha Protocol' from 14 years ago, anyone remembered that?

One thing I find laughable is that all the cartels keep exactly 5000 credits in their heavily protected vault that has 3 key cards to access...bearing in mind a meal at a street vendor is 200 credits, that's about the equivalent of £500 :cry:

I remember Alpha Protocol and I enjoyed it to be fair, but it was a product of its time.

I agree the problem with Outlaws is the incredibly idiotic and poor design and gameplay choices. I was also perplexed that everything in game seems to have that weird poor value for money or economy thing going on. Some guy wants 100 credits for some work, yet a basic meal cost 200 credits. Or that you would find 1000s of credits of gear to sell just lying around the open world. But a mission to break in to a cartel vault, nets you a 5000.

What’s kinda ironic, is the same crap plagues even GOAT winning games. Elden Ring is full of pointless cut and paste dungeons, with cut and paste bosses to grind through for another pointless summons as a reward. I was not a big fan overall but still beat the game and ultimately the DLC because the combat kept it interesting.

So I don’t mind those little nitpicks if the entire experience can overcome those moments and keep you immersed. For example I’m on my fourth play through of BG3, I’m still finding new things and a lot of the outcomes are very different than the previous plays. Even though I still make similar choices. I suppose it helps I am doing a lot less scum saving/loading this time around. Make a bad call and a faction becomes an enemy and you lose an entire series of quest lines. Dialogue is totally locked out and even main characters leave your party cutting out large chunks of story arcs.

I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but the design and intricacies of the game and how it all unfolds puts pretty much put every other grindy shallow game to shame. Especially top price AAA crap like Outlaws.

Last edited:
I remember Alpha Protocol and I enjoyed it to be fair, but it was a product of its time.

I agree the problem with Outlaws is the incredibly idiotic and poor design and gameplay choices. I was also perplexed that everything in game seems to have that weird poor value for money or economy thing going on. Some guy wants 100 credits for some work, yet a basic meal cost 200 credits. Or that you would find 1000s of credits of gear to sell just lying around the open world. But a mission to break in to a cartel vault, nets you a 5000.

What’s kinda ironic, is the same crap plagues even GOAT winning games. Elden Ring is full of pointless cut and paste dungeons, with cut and paste bosses to grind through for another pointless summons as a reward. I was not a big fan overall but still beat the game and ultimately the DLC because the combat kept it interesting.

So I don’t mind those little nitpicks if the entire experience can overcome those moments and keep you immersed. For example I’m on my fourth play through of BG3, I’m still finding new things and a lot of the outcomes are very different than the previous plays. Even though I still make similar choices. I suppose it helps I am doing a lot less scum saving/loading this time around. Make a bad call and a faction becomes an enemy and you lose an entire series of quest lines. Dialogue is totally locked out and even main characters leave your party cutting out large chunks of story arcs.

I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but the design and intricacies of the game and how it all unfolds puts pretty much put every other grindy shallow game to shame. Especially top price AAA crap like Outlaws.
BG3 is an absolute masterpiece imo, which is hilarious to me because when Larian announced it I remember tons of people all over the internet ranting that it wasnt Baldurs Gate, that Larian were messing the IP up, that they would refuse to buy it because its turn based combat, because they didnt like the graphics and viewing angle because its not Baldurs Gate.....then release comes and its one of the greatest CRPGs ever , raises the IP to a whole new level and smashes all previous Baldurs Gate sales into oblivion. A fine example of why its not always good to pander to the baying masses

BG3 is an absolute masterpiece imo, which is hilarious to me because when Larian announced it I remember tons of people all over the internet ranting that it wasnt Baldurs Gate, that Larian were messing the IP up, that they would refuse to buy it because its turn based combat, because they didnt like the graphics and viewing angle because its not Baldurs Gate.....then release comes and its one of the greatest CRPGs ever , raises the IP to a whole new level and smashes all previous Baldurs Gate sales into oblivion. A fine example of why its not always good to pander to the baying masses

Or to the corporate suits who think they know what sells and push developers to release generic unfinished crap.

I'm only an hour or two into Outlaws, so far it's decent, not blown away but at the same time it's not the trash some people are making it out to be. At least not yet.

Kay feels clunky, that's probably my biggest gripe so far, if you've played Oblivion in third person and see the character jump that's how it feels.

Just got off the first planet and I'm enjoying myself. Game has some design issues but I'm mostly here to be a Star Wars tourist. Did have a CTD after upsetting everyone in an imperial base, pretty sure it has a memory leak as well.

Just finished the main quest, in all honesty i've rather enjoyed the game, its not without its downsides for sure but for a months worth of ubi+ it was worth it, i might actually keep finishing off the side quests until at least the month runs out!

I've got 40 hours out of it and am just finishing off some bits before doing the final quest.

How do I know it's the final quest? You get a point of no return notification :D

It's a decent Star Wars game. It doesn't do anything particularly new but the actual plot was engaging. I cared about Nix and ND5 as the story progressed.

As you say, not bad for £14.99 Ubi+ for 1 month.

Last edited:
Played a bit more, Overall it's decent but I'm hoping some wizard modder comes up with a solution to Kays face, It just screams "My mother smoked crack and meth and injected heroin while she was pregnant with me and then slammed a frying pan into my face when I was born... repeatedly" I'd even settle for a brown paper bag head replacement... maybe even an AI voice changer as it sounds like the actress read her lines at gun point.

Last edited:
Played a bit more, Overall it's decent but I'm hoping some wizard modder comes up with a solution to Kays face, It just screams "My mother smoked crack and meth and injected heroin while she was pregnant with me and then slammed a frying pan into my face when I was born... repeatedly" I'd even settle for a brown paper bag head replacement... maybe even an AI voice changer as it sounds like the actress read her lines at gun point.

After several hours gameplay I think I’ve seen her face for a couple of mins tops and that’s mainly during cutscenes.

Generally it’s just the back of her head you can see.

Let it go…

After several hours gameplay I think I’ve seen her face for a couple of mins tops and that’s mainly during cutscenes.

Generally it’s just the back of her head you can see.

Let it go…

Her face is like she fell down the "special" tree, The special tree then fell on her, A group of purple haired bull ring wearing REEEE's snapped the branches off the special tree and then beat her face to make it extra special.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom