**Star Wars Outlaws Open World Star Wars game from Massive Entertainment**

Soldato
HAHAHAHAHA
Shock as game made by generic slop publisher churns out another piece of generic slop.

Its amazing that they somehow made it look worse than I had already imagined. From the studio that has so little awareness that they will happily **** on Elden Ring whilst releasing some of the blandest games in existence and trying to get you to pay for xp boosts. Comical really.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
HAHAHAHAHA
Shock as game made by generic slop publisher churns out another piece of generic slop.

Its amazing that they somehow made it look worse than I had already imagined. From the studio that has so little awareness that they will happily **** on Elden Ring whilst releasing some of the blandest games in existence and trying to get you to pay for xp boosts. Comical really.
Massive have a pretty good track record, but I'm definitely waiting for reviews before buying.

Soldato
HAHAHAHAHA

I’m no fan of generic tripe, but let’s not pretend Elden Ring is anything special. Worlds devoid of NPCs and a feeling of life, cut and paste enemies and dungeons and repetitive gameplay with dumb AI are the very epitome of Fromsoft.

Last edited:
Soldato
I’m no fan of generic tripe, but let’s not pretend Elden Ring is anything special. Worlds devoid of NPCs and a feeling of life, cut and paste enemies and dungeons and repetitive gameplay with dumb AI are the very epitome of Fromsoft.

So what was it about Dragon's dogma 2 you found so appealing if you don't like generic?

Soldato
That sure is hilarious.

Yeah, it's really strange that elden ring was so devoid of "a feeling of life". I mean that clearly wasn't what the developers were going for.
It was supposed to be a bright and bustling setting with lots of NPC interaction and fetch quests to go and collect some herbs because someone's daughter was sick.

Soldato
So what was it about Dragon's dogma 2 you found so appealing if you don't like generic?

It had a lot of problems but it at least had some active NPCs with clearly defined quests. You like Elden Ring but I thought it was mediocre and repetitive. If anyone wants to use a RPG yardstick to judge gameplay and original content, then at least use BG3.

Last edited:
Soldato
It had a lot of problems but it at least had some active NPCs with clearly defined quests. You like Elden Ring but I thought it was mediocre and repetitive. If anyone wants to use a RPG yardstick to judge gameplay and original content, then at least use BG3.

Ok it was mildly obvious bait at first but now you've overdone it.

Can you enlighten us what was original on BG3 because I sure as hell didn't experience it. Not that originality for the sake of it is a good thing of course.

Also why did you buy the DLC for Elden Ring if you found it "mediocre and repetitive".

Oh it gets better. You apparently gave up in March :p

I've put a lot of hours into this and got as far as the academy part. It's just ultimately a chore and boring and so unrewarding that I have given up. This style of game with no real story or sense of progression fits the linear style of older DS games, but it's just doesn't work as open world IMHO. You get good enough in an area to more than hold your own and eventually outlast the boss, move to the next and it is rinse and repeat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom