Star Wars: The Acolyte (it’s dead Jim)

Another epic failure from Disney SW.

So SW and Doctor Who are at their lowest ever points, what once were considered amongst the very best SCI-Fi could offer are both now languiushing at flushed turd level. Absolutely laughable TV.

I wonder if there are any commonalities between the two shows?

How does it tie to KOTOR :confused:

Knights of the old republic. The mmo Tor = the old republic.

When is acolyte set? The old republic right

So it does some what tie to them as its set in the period not yet seen on TV.

Kotor 1 in particular will be rated very highly by anyone who has played star wars games, so when you hear a TV show that's set in the same period is coming out, there's a good chance you'll want to see what it's about.

Any way, views for a TV show for the first episodes don't really show any rating for the show, just interest, which star wars obviously would have.

Kotor 1 in particular will be rated very highly by anyone who has played star wars games, so when you hear a TV show that's set in the same period is coming out, there's a good chance you'll want to see what it's about.

Any way, views for a TV show for the first episodes don't really show any rating for the show, just interest, which star wars obviously would have.
No it isn't lol, you're about 3000 years out.

Last edited:

This is the 'high republic period', not the 'old republic period'. Its still a time that nigh on every star wars fan wanted to see more of. Just not this version :P

This is the 'high republic period', not the 'old republic period'. Its still a time that nigh on every star wars fan wanted to see more of. Just not this version :p

This is what I based it on, the marketing I was seeing before the show.

Disney+'s latest Star Wars show, The Acolyte, offers new insight into a long-dead era. Set during the Old Republic in the dying days of the era, the show follows a team of Jedi and a former Padawan as they investigate the mysterious deaths of several prominent Jedi

Last edited:
ahh, thats your mistake. Cbr are terrible
It wasn't just them tbh, I see it mentioned on YouTube, reddit posts, but we are talking 6 months plus ago. It was something I noticed because I figured it could link to the events of kotor.

Tbh they need to just make a kotor movie/TV show, but get someone decent people to make it

Decent people to make anything would be decent.
Although I just don't know what I'd consider decent now.
I'm all star warsed out... Like I'm star treked out......

It's a shame

Decent people to make anything would be decent.
Although I just don't know what I'd consider decent now.
I'm all star warsed out... Like I'm star treked out......

It's a shame
I was warsed out after the nonsense that was The Last Jedi.

It does make you wonder how Disney is run and managed these days given there appears to be little oversight or due diligence on these big projects. Apparently Leslye Headland was given a $180m budget to write and produce season 1 yet once glance at her IMDB profile should be enough to tell anyone that's she's not suitable to be handling such a franchise when her background is in crappy low budget reality TV shows.

Last edited:
Not much chance of that ever happening while Disney are in charge
I was warsed out after the nonsense that was The Last Jedi.

It does make you wonder how Disney is run and managed these days given there appears to be little oversight or due diligence on these big projects. Apparently Leslye Headland was given a $180m budget to write and produce season 1 yet once glance at her IMDB profile should be enough to tell anyone that's she's not suitable to be handling such a franchise when her background is in crappy low budget reality TV shows.

Yeah but she ticked the right boxes, because that's all disney really care about.

Apparently Leslye Headland was given a $180m budget to write and produce season 1 yet once glance at her IMDB profile should be enough to tell anyone that's she's not suitable to be handling such a franchise when her background is in crappy low budget reality TV shows.
Like critically acclaimed Russian Doll? People place too much credence on previous work. What was Peter Jackson's fantasy experience before LOTR? What was the Russo brothers scifi-superhero experience before they were given Winter Solider?

Like critically acclaimed Russian Doll? People place too much credence on previous work. What was Peter Jackson's fantasy experience before LOTR? What was the Russo brothers scifi-superhero experience before they were given Winter Solider?

Can I answer this one please :)

Peter Jackson went through an absolute nightmare trying to secure the funding for the series, in the end he went with a clear and compelling vision on how he was going to do it, he had some credibility with films like Heavenly Creatures which allowed him to pitch the project to some investors.

He also had significant support from others, namely his wife Fran Walsh, and another screen writer, Philippa Boyens who helped write a detailed and appealing script to showcase the potential of the series. He then took extensive pre-production work, storyboards, concept art to numerous productions studios, many rejected it, Miramax wanted to gut it down to 2 films, but eventually New Line Cinema went for it and saw the potential of a trilogy series.

As for the Russo brothers, they had some credibility with TV, but it was more who they knew and it just so happened that the president of Marvel at the time liked their innovative and dynamic directing style in the TV shows they made and gave them the opportunity.

Giving the chance for the Russo brothers to make some test footage and that basically sealed the deal for them.

In both situations, they proved to the studios that they could do a good job of it. Something I bet Leslye Headland didn't do, certainly not to the standard P.J and the Russo lot did. Probably cheaper to have just said yes to the $180 million for her, than to say no your **** and go through a legal nightmare cos she's a women and gay.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm aware of most of that, just pointing out both had minimal to zero experience in the genre. Didn't affect their suitability at all.

Episode 3

oh jesus bad child acting is always difficult......
They should have made this 1000 years before "star wars" and they could get away with this but this feels too out there for its time.
Villeneuve's Bene Gesserit rip off.
This has the seed of something but its not being watered properly :p

VERY flammable rocks loooooooooooooooooll obviously the jedi sabotaged the place, but if it turns out they didnt then jesus wept.
Jesus wept some more... who wrote this? or who ... oh whatever lol no one wrote it they must have chatGPted it.
Squid game is the only decent thing about this.

Last edited:
So is the

Space witches

Something from past lore or stories or something made up from the show?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom