Star Wars: The Acolyte (it’s dead Jim)

Saw the trailer and afterwards had no clue as to wtf the show was about. I assume by the red sabre at the end that we're getting strong, female baddie or something.

Last edited:
Do explain…

It’s a matter of fact the tastes and viewing habits of people in 2024 are not the same at 1977.

It’s not unreasonable for the content to change as well.

Do explain…

It’s a matter of fact the tastes and viewing habits of people in 2024 are not the same at 1977.

It’s not unreasonable for the content to change as well.
Sure, have a look at the 1st paragraph in your post and think about what's wrong with it as a starter for 10.

Fwiw, I agree with the underlying point of rhe post in that viewing habits have changed in the past decade, especially those of the younger generation. What disney should have done was to appeal to a broad an audience as possible to ensure the 'survivability' of the franchise. Instead they've gone the other direction and are actively making programs for a smaller percentage of people, people who largely don't care for star wars.

Last edited:
Sure, have a look at the 1st paragraph in your post and think about what's wrong with it as a starter for 10.

Fwiw, I agree with the underlying point of rhe post in that viewing habits have changed in the past decade, especially those of the younger generation. What disney should have done was to appeal to a broad an audience as possible to ensure the 'survivability' of the franchise. Instead they've gone the other direction and are actively making programs for a smaller percentage of people, people who largely don't care for star wars.
They have appealed to a broad audience, the new generation is the broad audience, that’s the point.

Old school Star Wars fans are not a broad audience, they are the niche. There isn’t enough old school Star Wars fans left out there to pay the bills anymore. Like I said, most of them are pretty old these days.

People in their 20-40’s today would have grown up with the prequels, not the originals.

They have appealed to a broad audience, the new generation is the broad audience, that’s the point.
No they don't and they aren't
Old school Star Wars fans are not a broad audience, they are the niche. There isn’t enough old school Star Wars fans left out there to pay the bills anymore. Like I said, most of them are pretty old these days.

People in their 20-40’s today would have grown up with the prequels, not the originals.
Jesus, I'm in my 40's and I grew up on the ot.... your math is horrible

Last edited:
I hate to break it to you but the phantom menace came out 25 years ago. Someone who is 40 today would have been 15 when it was released.

Edit: In hindsight it’s a lot better of a film than people gave it credit for at the time.

It also has all the same issues people complain about modern day Star Wars. It was also made before Disney got their hands on it.

Last edited:
I hate to break it to you but the phantom menace came out 25 years ago. Someone who is 40 today would have been 15 when it was released.
I hate to break it to you but someone born in the late 70's would have been 6 (or so) when rotj came out in 83, early 20's when tpm was released and late 30's when tfa was released and would still be in their 40s today

Last edited:
Given the majorly of the population that were alive at the time the originals came out are either dead or in a care home, that’s not really a surprise is it?

A new hope came out in 1977, that was 47 years ago. A 30 year old would now be 77.

Of course it’s made for new audiences.
TFA came out in 2015. I doubt that it was the 70 years old who were generating all the hype on the internet and queuing to see the film, when it was released.

The reason SW is so big is because for 47 years a new audience has discovered the OT and PT films and have become fans after watching it.

If you only liked 4 (OT + Rogue One) of the 11 films, then I suspect this franchise is no longer for you. Whether you accept that or not, is a different matter. Crying on the internet isn't going to change anything.

I enjoyed 10 of the 11 films, so i'll keep going.

Similar maths goes for the TV shows probably. If you hated Mando, Boba Fett, Ahsoka, Obi Wan, have some pre-hate for Acolyte, but find yourself *bit far* at the mere mention of Andor, Star Wars is proabbly dead to you.

rp2000

Last edited by a moderator:
If you only liked the "insert *political party of your preference* government here" then I suspect this country is no longer for you. Whether you accept that or not is a different matter. Crying on the Internet isn't going to change anything.

I don't think I need to mock the last bit, it comes pre-weird for my convenience.

pointless signing off with my username

If you only liked the "insert *political party of your preference* government here" then I suspect this country is no longer for you. Whether you accept that or not is a different matter. Crying on the Internet isn't going to change anything.

I don't think I need to mock the last bit, it comes pre-weird for my convenience.

pointless signing off with my username
You are comparing some entertainment franchise to political allegiance/love of your country. I don't really feel that strongly about any entertainment franchise, but it's possible some people do.

The last part of your post is just petty. Apologies if I hit a nerve.

rp2000

You are comparing some entertainment franchise to political allegiance/love of your country. I don't really feel that strongly about any entertainment franchise, but it's possible some people do.

The last part of your post is just petty. Apologies if I hit a nerve.

rp2000

People are allowed to moan, imo how anyone can watch any of this new nonsense is absolutely beyond me.

That goes for all other Disney content. Maybe that just comes with age, maybe it's the message, maybe because it's ********.

Anyway, the people who do still like it seem like the type of people who collect toys and have baby Yoda backgrounds on their phone. Whilst doint whatever to their plushies. Adults obviously, children don't have life experience or fully grown brains so they're excused.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom