Star Wars: The Acolyte

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Don't know what gave you that impression ; Anakin destroyed the Death Star, didn't you know ? ;)

Yeah that guy was a plonker. He was just an actor to be fair but made himself out to be a big fan when he didnt know anything about SW.

I did consider this before posting and I’m surprised you’re the only one that’s called me out but I’m standing by it.

Poor dialogue aside, I think the prequels have aged pretty well, some great action sequences, choreography and plenty of cool parts that kids would enjoy.

For me at least the prequels felt like it was SW. Yes its flawed and far from perfect but I would watch the prequels over the KK Sequels any day.

Last edited:
Soldato
I should really watch this.

George Lucas retconned the force in Episode 1 to say Anakin was conceived out of thin air.

What's the difference if it happened to two women as well?

Anakin being of immaculate conception is supposed to be a sign he is the chosen one and was one of the reasons he was admitted into the Jedi Order despite not meeting criteria most other Jedi are held to. Having immaculate conception just be a thing that sometimes happens with little reaction only serves to do what Disney Star Wars does best; diminish the impact of the original narrative
Thanks to Kyo for digging up the quoted text

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyo
Soldato
Jeremy Jahns doesn't usually do TV show episode reviews but even he thought this one needed talking about -

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
One of the interesting things I wasn't aware was Darth Maul's race. So that lady witch is that what they typical look like? Very striking contrast from when they go to the dark side

Soldato
One of the interesting things I wasn't aware was Darth Maul's race. So that lady witch is that what they typical look like? Very striking contrast from when they go to the dark side
Skin colour? Nowt to do with the force m8. Maul is a Dathomirian Zabrak the males are Red/Orange/Yellow, females are Blue/Grey/White/Tan (although that's probably problematic under Disney :cry:) - the witch you are referring to is just a bog standard Zabrak by the look of it

Last edited:
Caporegime
Greedy production companies who cut the things essential to the making of the show a good show, in hopes they make more profit on it... and I hate to say it but they exploit the fanbases of these shows and make **** movies

It's not that, this has a ridiculous budget. And, to be fair, the CGI worlds that presumably went on look pretty good.

Soldato
Greedy production companies who cut the things essential to the making of the show a good show, in hopes they make more profit on it... and I hate to say it but they exploit the fanbases of these shows and make **** movies

They spent 180 million on it, they're willing to fork out. It's nothing but raw multi level incompetence at this point. The wrong people hired, the wrong people in charge, targeting a market demographic that frankly doesn't exist in this case.

Man of Honour
Huh, I don’t recall there being anything in the films to suggest that Anakin literally didn’t have a father?

Even as a child I took the “…there was no father” line to mean that the dad bailed on them OR that it was a fling and he never knew - as would make sense from that response. You’d think she’d make a bit more of it if there was literally no father!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You took it wrong then. :p

Edit - she also says words to the effect of, “I carried him, I gave birth, I raised him. I can't explain what happened.”

Nah - even with that dialogue, that feels like massive fan-retconning. Such an enormous thing is not going to be skirted over so fleetingly by all the Jedi when discussing Anakin if it’s intended as a major plot point!

Having a bit of a Google on ye olde fan forums, the other major thing in support of the virgin birth theory it’s supposedly hinted at by Palpatine in Ep.3 he was created by Darth Plagueis or Palpatine.

IMO that’s stitching two things together, wildly - it sounded like he was just showing off the master powers to impress Anakin to me… which makes much more sense.

I know we have to suspend disbelief to enjoy these shows, but either of them randomly creating Anakin from the force in a randomer on a far away planet is some wacky, wacky, wacky stuff :o

But hey, apparently you have force-based births in this new show, so *shrug*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom