Star Wars: The Acolyte

Soldato
But it still hasn't explained the flammable stone, the odd noises from the generator or where all the other non-witch villagers went. Amongst other issues.
One of them did comment in it likely being a mine, based on the entry lift. So coal mine confirmed, as I said above. :)

Soldato
One of them did comment in it likely being a mine, based on the entry lift. So coal mine confirmed, as I said above. :)
But the walls of the living quarters/general structure were on fire. You don't make an actual building out of coal or flammable rock, especially not while using fire for light and heat.

Soldato
But the walls of the living quarters/general structure were on fire. You don't make an actual building out of coal or flammable rock, especially not while using fire for light and heat.
These were all witches. Plus they were women. They probably have no clue about building standards or basic fire safety. Plus I am being ever so slightly facetious. :D

Caporegime
I am quite enjoying this, in a watchable fun kind of way, but the seventh episode has me frustrated. With just a bit of work this could have been genuinely good but instead it's wildly inconsistent, badly paced, out of order, and misses its beats again and again.

Reactions: Kyo
Associate
Not posted on here for a couple of episodes after completing slamming this awful show.

Just had a watch of episode 6. Jesus Christ. How did this show ever get through any kind of quality control. Id of rather sat through and watched paint dry for 38 minutes. Absolutely shocking beyond belief.

How anyone can say this series isn't abysmal I'll never know.

Don
Not posted on here for a couple of episodes after completing slamming this awful show.

Just had a watch of episode 6. Jesus Christ. How did this show ever get through any kind of quality control. Id of rather sat through and watched paint dry for 38 minutes. Absolutely shocking beyond belief.

How anyone can say this series isn't abysmal I'll never know.
This is what happens when DEI is left unchecked. At this point you have to assume it’s just a grift as this series cost $180m to make.

Now, handing out jobs to your missus and mates is all well and good if they actually know what they’re doing but otherwise yeah not so much.

Headland must have so much dirt on people in Hollywood :cry:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
This is what happens when DEI is left unchecked.

That is my biggest gripe in general with the management under KK. It gets to a point where it overwhelms the content and detracts from the core story and themes within SW to a point it changes the very concepts of what makes it appealing.

I am not sure how accurate this is but read on FB. Stenberg allegedly quote (although i couldnt find the source on instgram).

“I believe the Star Wars universe is really about spiritual force and how different communities, including the community of monks called Jedi, relate to the spiritual force that governs the universe. Star Wars also explores how politics engage with spirituality and how spirituality can be corrupted by political systems and groups trying to enforce particular ideas of how ‘The Force’ should be used.”

Last edited:
Caporegime
I don't mind them expanding the universe and go off the rails outside Skywalker and the Empire side of things but the writing, the acting and even casting in this is just so so bad.

Some of the decision making of the characters doesn't make sense to me. The main problem is the writing, and I also don't care, I don't care what happen in the story, I don't care who dies. In fact, I want the baddie wins and slaughter all the good guys at this point and finish off this series.

Last edited:
Suspended
That is my biggest gripe in general with the management under KK. It gets to a point where it overwhelms the content and detracts from the core story and themes within SW to a point it changes the very concepts of what makes it appealing.

I am not sure how accurate this is but read on FB. Stenberg allegedly quote (although i couldnt find the source on instgram).
At its heart it's a simple good vs evil story (with some anti war allegory thrown it), the problem nowadays is the terrible writers disney employ try to add 'shades of grey' and their pre school level political/social messaging means we get the tripe we've been served up for rhe past 5 years. Just give us good space wizards vs bad space wizards and we can all be happy.

Reactions: Kyo
Soldato
So I think I'm going to watch this this weekend but I'm going to go in assuming its awful and it will hopefully entertain me in a perverse way!

My recent watch history is Clone Wars, Bad Batch, Rebels and finally Ashoka which I really enjoyed

Soldato
Ironic isn't it that the Best Star Wars TV show gets the lowest viewing figures, I guess it lacked brand visibility and came after a run of dross.

It came out in September 2022 just a few months after the last of three back to back disastrous (for most fans) live action releases had came out - The Rise of Skywalker (2019), The Book of Boba Fett (2021) & Obi-Wan Kenobi (May 2022) - so it's no wonder fans initially shied away from this and, as always, it was only the great word of mouth across fans on the web/youtube etc that made people realise just how good it was, rather than any PR Disney put out there.

Theres absolutely no irony that this shows main support came from those "Toxic fans that hate SW so much" when those same people gave this show a huge amount of praise and brought it back from the brink of obscurity with their passionate defence of it.

Caporegime
It came out in September 2022 just a few months after the last of three back to back disastrous (for most fans) live action releases had came out - The Rise of Skywalker (2019), The Book of Boba Fett (2021) & Obi-Wan Kenobi (May 2022) - so it's no wonder fans initially shied away from this and, as always, it was only the great word of mouth across fans on the web/youtube etc that made people realise just how good it was, rather than any PR Disney put out there.

Theres absolutely no irony that this shows main support came from those "Toxic fans that hate SW so much" when those same people gave this show a huge amount of praise and brought it back from the brink of obscurity with their passionate defence of it.

IIRC many people didn't watch the show cos they were trump fans (or something like that!). It's covered in the thread from post 47 onwards.

rp2000

Suspended
Didn't help that it was a show based on probably the worst character from r1. Amazing what happens though with competent writing and acting though isn't it

Suspended

IIRC many people didn't watch the show cos they were trump fans (or something like that!). It's covered in the thread from post 47 onwards.

rp2000
Projection much? The posts you are talking about are literally people fed up with 'current political/social talking points' being force fed in what's essentially escapism. I'll also add the posters that speak out the most against 'activism in escapism' are probably Andor's biggest fans, what does that tell you..

Last edited:
Caporegime
Projection much? The posts you are talking about are literally people fed up with 'current political/social talking points' being force fed in what's essentially escapism. I'll also add the posters that speak out the most against 'activism in escapism' are probably Andor's biggest fans, what does that tell you..
I'm confused. ianh stated a set of reasons why people didn't watch Andor (which sounded a bit iffy to me tbh). I gave a link to other reasons some people in this forum didn't watch the show, including ianh, which was to do with Trumpian politics being in the show or something like that.

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom