Star Wars VIII : The Last Jedi [WARNING: SPOILERS]

Soldato
Another point about the plot is that romance is going to come into it, its been in each trilogy and it is part of Star Wars. Depending on who it focusses on it could be quite significant to the overall plot.

My bet would be Finn with a new character but script potential does scream Rey + Ben depending on who her parents are... well, that's not stopped the Skywalkers before :p

Soldato
I will be disappointed if Rey doesn't go bad. I think it's the only plot devices that makes TFA work otherwise she is already more powerful than Kylo Ren (which I can't fathom). I think TFA has left 8 + 9 with a sticky wicket for producing a good plot to honest.

Soldato
If they kill off Luke, I think I'd be done with Star Wars.

I will be disappointed if Rey doesn't go bad. I think it's the only plot devices that makes TFA work otherwise she is already more powerful than Kylo Ren (which I can't fathom). I think TFA has left 8 + 9 with a sticky wicket for producing a good plot to honest.

I think she'd look perfect as a red light sabre wielding bad girl, and I thought she should have taken up Kylo's offer. Ain't gonna happen though. That would require Disney to actually take a risk.

Soldato
not really - whilst we have had Rogue One in between the Episode VII and VIII, it's a two year gap between those. Looking back even the original trilogy only had between 2.5 years (New hope->empire) and 3 years (empire->RotJ), and the prequel trilogy films were 3 years apart.

As long as quality doesn't suffer, don't see it as an issue

ermm, there was no quality of any measure in the prequel trilogy, so taking longer makes no odds.

Associate
Do you think we'll see any Anakin/Obi/Yoda force ghosts? I'm sure they could have been keeping Luke company and teaching him the ways of Jedi training etc.
Also not sure how Anakin ghost didn't just appear to Ren/Ben at some point when he was playing with the Darth Vader helmet and tell him "stop your ****, I turned back to the light side you know that right????"

Associate
If they kill off Luke, I think I'd be done with Star Wars.

Same here.

I watched The Force Awakens - I thought that the best scene was the ending... The film was deja vu, 30 years from Jedi and the 'Hero' is wearing a farming outfit?

Caporegime
just me that feels like they are just throwing the films at us at an unusual rate?

As a big Star Wars fan, one a year is great! Especially if they are of the same quality of the previous two films.

I've decided that with each new release I'm going to watch all of the films at once and then go straight to the cinema to see the new one. :p It's just so easy to fly through them because they really do keep me hooked from start to finish.

Associate
I'll just leave this here...

IMG_5636.JPG

:D

Man of Honour
Why are people thinking that Disney will stop with episodes 8 and 9, if there is money in it there will be episodes 10, 11, 12 etc.

Even the dark side of the force can not compete with market forces.:eek::p

Caporegime
Rather a yearly Xmas Star Wars film, now Lucas isn't involved, than any more Middle Earth after The Hobbit trilogy.

Agreed, they were just damn awful. Disney on the other hand, are at least making some decent efforts even if they certainly aren't perfect.

I love Middle Earth stuff over Star Wars. Something magical about that universe.

Of course there is something magical about the universe, Captain Obvious. That doesn't mean they release decent movies that do it justice though, and The Hobbit trilogy was a prime example of this. :p

Last edited:

HeX

HeX

Soldato
I kind of hope they don't keep doing the one storyline. I'd prefer a new set of films set in another time. The whole Jedi/Sith wars up to the 'Rule of Two' being implemented would be amazing.

Back
Top Bottom