Star Wars VIII : The Last Jedi [WARNING: SPOILERS]

Soldato
The Force Awakens......The Last Jedi......From A Nap (shamelessly stolen guess at what Ep IX will be called)

The Last Jedi HAS to be a much darker film than TFA, but I suppose that could be Leia dying rather than Luke ... have to admit though Im actually looking forward more to the "main" films rather than the spin offs.

Some scenes from TFA were brilliant but on the whole found it a disappointment - the same could be said for Rogue One (where the basis of the story was already known), so Im still waiting to feel the buzz of a proper full on "new" Star Wars film

Associate
I kind of hope they don't keep doing the one storyline. I'd prefer a new set of films set in another time. The whole Jedi/Sith wars up to the 'Rule of Two' being implemented would be amazing.

Now where talking..
But I'd be sceptical, for it ever happening.
While I enjoyed the prequels, general consensus is there poor, so why would Disney risk 2-3 movies on a story 1000years before A New Hope.

Very high risk, of it been a failure, and having to sell new characters, in a time when Star Wars, will likely be losing its potential luster, in cinema goers eye's (2020+).

But I'd like to see them, I especially love the Darth Bane series. :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Now where talking..
While I enjoyed the prequels, general consensus is there poor, so why would Disney risk 2-3 movies on a story 1000years before A New Hope.

Very high risk, of it been a failure, and having to sell new characters, in a time when Star Wars, will likely be losing its potential luster, in cinema goers eye's (2020+).

The prequels were poor because they were done by a Lucas who had completely lost his way. Judging from the last two movies they released, anything produced by Disney is going to be progressively better.

Caporegime
Now where talking..

A story arc along the like of Darth Bane would be incredible on the big scene. The whole Sith V Jedi war would be epic. If done right of course, espically if they all get wiped out, the only 2 sith can co-exist etc. :)

I think you need to read his post again and look at what it actually says, not what you think it says.

Surely you need to read his post again? This is what he said "personally i didn't like episode 8 but loved rouge one" How can you take that to mean anything else other than him thinking he's seen episode 8 which safetytrousers was correcting for him?

No, I'm being correct.
Rogue One is not an episode in the Star Wars nine part saga. It is a Star Wars film, but it is not an episode.
The Last Jedi will be episode 8, hence the headline 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' is called 'The Last Jedi'.

i'm with you all the way on this one.

It was released in the 2 year gap between 7 and 8.

I know where in the movie timeline it fits :)

As do i :confused: why are you replying to this when he's talking to someone else?

Caporegime
Surely you need to read his post again? This is what he said "personally i didn't like episode 8 but loved rouge one" How can you take that to mean anything else other than him thinking he's seen episode 8 which safetytrousers was correcting for him?

i'm with you all the way on this one.

As do i :confused: why are you replying to this when he's talking to someone else?

Wow. He clearly made a mistake, get over it.

Soldato
mmmmm, not feeling it

thought the teaser was quite poor, no goosebumps

Well we get a glimpse of Daisy's cave, so its promising.
Looks like they are sticking to course, and will basically remake episode 5 for 8, like they did 4 for 7. Worked once reasonably well, keep tweaking, should improve the formulae.
Disney will get us there.

Caporegime
Untitled_zpsijagpphi.png~original

Back
Top Bottom