Star Wars VIII : The Last Jedi [WARNING: SPOILERS]

I'm still dumbfounded that Johnson has been given his own trilogy to make on the strength of what he did in The Last SJW. I'm all for shaking things up but he might as well have pooped through Abrams letterbox with the way he systematically threw everything out the pram. Why bother with part 3, everything is done and the characters are worthless now, except for two hours of Kylo turning good....you know its going to happen :/

v0n

v0n

Soldato
except for two hours of Kylo turning good....you know its going to happen :/

He killed Han. Even JJ can't turn this excrement boat of a story line around. :D

In all seriousness though - there really isn't any surprising plot point worth watching Ep 9 for at the moment - let me guess: good guys win, Hux dies terribly screaming "nooooooo", Leia doesn't survive 2 minutes past opening crawl, Chewie is still an intergalactic a-hole who didn't hug Leia, didn't go to see Luke until some teenager he met all five days earlier asked him to fork his door in at the "Fishhead Nuns Retirement Home", Skelligs, Ireland, and, of course, still doesn't get a medal.

Associate
The only way for Star Wars to redeem itself is for the Empire/First Order to have a crushing victory in the next movie.

The whole point of Star Wars is that the heroes are freedom fighters against a tyrannical regime. With the new movies it comes across as the First Order being a right wing white nationalist group who need to be put down. It's all very "current year".

I was surprised Kylo Ren didn't forcefully put his hand on Rey's thigh so that she could go back to the rebels and cry rape whilst hashtagging #MeToo.

The moment Rose utters the line "we won't win by killing those we hate but defending those we love" could have been ripped straight from Reddit. It's a complete meme.

Perhaps the next movie will feature Pepe the frog.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Wouldn't it be interesting though if in TFA we followed Rey joining Resistance just for TLJ to show us that the Resistance are the fundamentalists among post-imperial world, they want re-establish old school religious fanatics and Force users that threw the galaxy into the arms of the Empire in the first place. Cue Kylo and his merry Knights of Ren, working hard so your planet never falls into the hands of galaxist paramilitary insurgents and anti-progress guerrillas led by the likes of Admiral Holdo or Generalissima Origana or their warrior monks that wave hands and change minds of your leaders and politicians. ;)

Wouldn't it be interesting though if in TFA we followed Rey joining Resistance just for TLJ to show us that the Resistance are the fundamentalists among post-imperial world, they want re-establish old school religious fanatics and Force users that threw the galaxy into the arms of the Empire in the first place. Cue Kylo and his merry Knights of Ren, working hard so your planet never falls into the hands of galaxist paramilitary insurgents and anti-progress guerrillas led by the likes of Admiral Holdo or Generalissima Origana or their warrior monks that wave hands and change minds of your leaders and politicians. ;)

Take my money, i'd watch this movie! :D

Associate
I watched a video that said he hoped Episode IX began with Finn waking up from his coma with Episode VIII being a nightmare :D.

Episode IX can start like this: Everything from Rey touching the Stone in the Force Cave is a "Force Vision". Except when they run through "history" again, Leia is dead from the blast, and Luke steps in after feeling his sister pass into the Force. Story then concentrates on The Force and why Rey is as she is.

It's 100% unexpected in a Star Wars films (because it's never been done before in a Star Wars film), totally subverts all expectations from Star Wars; therefore, will be a hit with critics again. Therefore, 100% must be done.

PS. There's some sarcasm in my post somewhere, but it wasn't anything to do with my way of solving the VIII and IX issue. ;)

Caporegime
Maybe Snoke will wake up in the shower and it will all have been a dream*. That would be Shakespeare compared to TLJ.

*it's a Dallas reference for our younger friends :D

There's enough hints out there in material which I won't spoil to think Snoke isn't dead. He's not dead, they won't pull the Maul mistake twice. Some really good videos out there too on the link between Mortis and Lukes Island.

Soldato
I don't get why Luke couldn't get off his lazy backside to fight Kylo. This is where Obi Wan missed a trick he could have just sat in his cave and done everything in ep4.

Back
Top Bottom