Star Wars VIII : The Last Jedi [WARNING: SPOILERS]

Associate
Speaking of which, did anyone get any Monkey Island vibes from IJ:KotCS? Jungle swinging, Monkeys, Sabre duelling (with minor insults) and of course Lucasfilm/Lucasarts related. Anyone? Or just me? :)

Personally, I also agree with not including Shia for the next one probably wouldn't be bad.

Associate
Just NO, i want a film to tell me whats going on in a coherent way, additional content having to fill in gaps not explained just means the writing was **** poor. Rian Johnson needs to **** off and never darken the door of StarWars again .

Pretty much my own feeling on the matter. If it requires something else to explain the details that should have been on screen, it shouldn't even be "remotely" considered good story telling. Expanded material (like books) should remain consigned to "expanding" what's already there, not explaining it so that the original material makes sense.

Caporegime
Jesus christ.

I just watched the last 3 episodes of Star Wars Rebels and it makes me even sicker about how weak the last jedi is.
There is NOTHING star wars about this film, its just a joke, completely the worst star wars thing to be released.

you guys do realise there is more to star wars than using force powers and laser swords lol

it's primarily good vs evil / galactic conquest and war.

If thats the case then tell me why you can watch Ep IV, V and VI and not once think "What the **** was that about!?" but all the way through Ep VIII its just a "WTF IS GOING ON, WHO'S WRITING THIS ****!!?" moment? :D

And dont you ever call it a 'laser sword', its a light saber you philistine! :p :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
If thats the case then tell me why you can watch Ep IV, V and VI and not once think "What the **** was that about!?" but all the way through Ep VIII its just a "WTF IS GOING ON, WHO'S WRITING THIS ****!!?" moment? :D

Off the top of my head

Episode IV
Why didn't they just blow up that escape pod?
Why did this old guy just disappear in a lightsaber fight?
Why is the death star moving around a planet to get to the rebel base on a moon, when it could just blow up the planet?

Episode V
How does Luke know how to Force pull? That wasn't in the first movie
How did he get through the planet blockade in an X-wing?
How is there Gravity in a space-worms stomach?
Who is this Emperor bloke? What's his back story?

Episode VI

If Lando is already undercover in Jabbas palace, why doesn't he just free Han? Why does Leia turn up with Chewie to do the same thing?
Why does Luke throw a rock at the button on the door, why not just use the force?
How come Ewoks have suitable clothes for humans?
Why did the Emperor leak the actual death star plans and not some fake ones to lure in the rebels?
Who is this Emperor fellow anyway?

Last edited:

v0n

v0n

Soldato
And yet we (at least most of us) never asked those questions, because the story was told coherently enough for us to either figure out missing bits or we knew that bit of mystery will soon be revealed.

It's different in this trilogy. Most of this **** either just doesn't make sense at all or contradicts everything we knew for decades and most of it is never explained before being thrown away all together.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
And dont you ever call it a 'laser sword', its a light saber you philistine! :p :D
But modern day Luke did... I remember my heckles going up at that point wondering wtf was happening. Why would they get Luke to demean lightsabers in a such a way? Right, because the whole movie was sabotage.

Caporegime
But modern day Luke did... I remember my heckles going up at that point wondering wtf was happening. Why would they get Luke to demean lightsabers in a such a way? Right, because the whole movie was sabotage.

Lucas also called it a laser sword in interviews etc.

Soldato
Empire Icon Award at the Rakuten TV Empire Film Awards at the Roundhouse in London. The force was strong with Star Wars as The Last Jedi dominated the Rakuten Empire Film Awards, taking home six gongs including Best Film. Episode VIII was the big winner at Sunday night’s bash where Rian Johnson was awarded Best Director and Mark Hamill, who plays Luke Skywalker, was hailed an Empire Icon. It also took home gongs for Best Visuals and Best Costume Design.

I truly feel i have missed something.
I am not mad about star wars, but the film didn't seem good to me at all.

Back
Top Bottom