Start Folding the Easy Way!!

Man of Honour
Hi guys, been tracking this app for a while, although for us crusty old folders this is probably redundant info, for people just starting out or who are fans of point and shoot setups this app is ideal to get up and running fast on Folding@Home as you can manage multiple clients (on one computer) with all the settings you want/need.

Dekez you may want to add it to the stickie :)

FAH GPU Tracker V2

FAH GPU Tracker V2 is a Folding@Home client tracking and control program that I created to make folding easier.
Tracker main window
Features:
- Controls up to 9 clients (CPU or SMP, up to 8 GPUs)
- Tracks detailed stats for every client and every name/team combo
- Tracks WU failures by project number for each client
- Saves the logs of failed WUs
- Can automatically reconfigure user information from an XML file
- Gaming Pause feature to pause clients while gaming
- Automatically updating projects list (pulled from psummary)
- Hides all client windows to prevent taskbar clutter
- Can be minimized to system tray
- Automatic update support
- Heat Control setting to throttle GPUs based on the current WU
- Allows switching between the GPU2 and GPU3 clients (per-GPU)
- Can export an XML file with the current status of the Tracker
- Can upload the XML status file to an FTP server
- Downloads the FAH clients from Stanford on first run
- PPD monitoring of all clients including bonus points for SMP A3

Download 3.54 Final
Setup Guide

frmMain.jpg

guide4.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice one Mr Biffa sah, i finally got the hang of the multi gpu set up last night.
Started some work and got a bsod, just re installing everything and will be crunching later today, that app looks a tad easier than hfm or whatever it was i used last night.
Ambient temperatures are improving by the hour and its good to be back crunching/folding :D

Man of Honour
OP
HFM is just for monitoring and generating web pages really, esp useful if you have multiple machines folding so you can monitor them in one place.

This tool is for setting up a machine with CPU's and multiple GPU's easily with all the options in a GUI.

What you are probably having problems with is that Folding is MUCH harder on your hardware than most other distributed computing, its often quoted as being harder than some stress testing software.

Soldato
When testing a kill-fah script to use in conjunction with the overheat protection in Core Temp, I had to run IntelBurnTest at Maximum before I could get similar temperatures my SMP client causes!

Soldato
HFM is just for monitoring and generating web pages really, esp useful if you have multiple machines folding so you can monitor them in one place.

This tool is for setting up a machine with CPU's and multiple GPU's easily with all the options in a GUI.

What you are probably having problems with is that Folding is MUCH harder on your hardware than most other distributed computing, its often quoted as being harder than some stress testing software.

Thanks for that, have come this far might as well go the whole hog wot wot!:)

Soldato
Point of note, make sure you put your id info and passkey in before you start the clients.
I know it sounds obvious, but I didn't and only realised when I looked at a client and saw the 80% progress being attributed to 'anonymous':(

Soldato
Evening mr Loudbob sah, my pc took a right fit when i first tried have gone back to win7 64bit and it works a treat. You like a dual boot system give it a try on win7 64 bit :)
Ta for the email btw i have my christmas supplies in :D

Associate
Evening mr Loudbob sah, my pc took a right fit when i first tried have gone back to win7 64bit and it works a treat. You like a dual boot system give it a try on win7 64 bit :)
Ta for the email btw i have my christmas supplies in :D

Oh the joys................

I wish I could run it on Win7.......but it's the only rig with just the one O/S installed.

I really cba to install another on it tonight - wanted to wait till I get the HDD's I want first.

Guess I'll just have to install manually :(

Back
Top Bottom